GDT: Jack & the Boys @ Torts' Trash - 7pm (eastern)

jagknife

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

And he didn’t like it. fvck off, Lindy. 

Seriously, guy was just doing his job in asking a fair question.

Does Lindy think he’s ever getting another head coaching gig once this one (mercifully) ends?  Hell, if not for the Devils, he’d still not have gotten another shot.  And it’s just embarrassing now, not only for Ruff himself, but for Fitz.  You backed the wrong horse pal…if you’re high on Brunette, could’ve have given him the reigns in the offseason and let him mold the team into what he’d like them to be.  But nope, let’s give Ruff even more time to show little to nothing.  Aaaaaaaaaargh.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Puckbuster said:

Must be the statisticians running the team.  I wonder how many of those expected goals came from 18+ minutes of Haula on the ice, including 3.35 minutes on PP?

Faceoffs. He was out on the PP with Jack a few times, I believe. Although not having seen the stats, it did look like Jack had more success on faceoffs than usual. 

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

And he didn’t like it. fvck off, Lindy. 

To be fair, Lindy is used to questions like “what’s your favorite breakfast food” and “did you see the Mario Bros trailer”

An actual hockey question probably blew his mind

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t mind this. At least he’s showing SOME kind of emotion. Even if it’s the wrong one at the wrong time, it proves he is not an actual mummy. 

Dude can’t even show emotion right 

Edited by MadDog2020

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Hell, if not for the Devils, he’d still not have gotten another shot.  And it’s just embarrassing now, not only for Ruff himself, but for Fitz.  You backed the wrong horse pal…

I saw someone online mention that Ruff was an assistant coach for the Panthers when Fitz was playing there. The reason behind the blind loyalty makes more sense now. 

• Like 1
  • Angry 3

8 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I guess the only way we could sink lower is if the team resorts to fake nonsense like this... 

well thats two of the threee teams in the metro with "holy fvcking cringe" moments, first Reaves now this? We're like one more sh!tty game away from it being our play though....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Lol , why is this guy undermining his own work?

Because its stupid. Analytics just don’t correlate. You can with a game 5-2 and the analytics can say you should have won or you shouldn’t have won. They don’t correlate to actual results. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I give Ruff nine more games. If this team still looks like they did last night- 

0210D27C-C612-4A73-89F4-C370AA98D11B.gif

I don't know. that is 12% of the season wasted and this team (if it has any playoff aspirations) has too small of a margin for error. PP pathetic, Blackwood pathetic, defensive positioning pathetic, effort on the boards pathetic. I expected this kind of game from a team that had just been eliminated from playoff contention, not game 1. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Because its stupid. Analytics just don’t correlate. You can with a game 5-2 and the analytics can say you should have won or you shouldn’t have one. They don’t correlate to actual results. 

I'm definitely not a big analytics guy either, but in this case if they at least correlated to "OK, the Devils played well enough to win, but got a bad break, if they play like that most nights they'll have a chance to win, etc", that would be one thing.  But I don't think ANYONE would watch that game and try to make a case for the Devils deserving to have won it.  Flyers outplayed them and were simply better.  So if the "expected" metric outcome had the Devils somehow winning, then the metrics involved are a complete farce.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'm definitely not a big analytics guy either, but in this case if they at least correlated to "OK, the Devils played well enough to win, but got a bad break, if they play like that most nights they'll have a chance to win, etc", that would be one thing.  But I don't think ANYONE would watch that game and try to make a case for the Devils deserving to have won it.  Flyers outplayed them and were simply better.  So if the "expected" metric outcome had the Devils somehow winning, then the metrics involved are a complete farce.

But that’s my point. The Flyers could have completely dominated the game and given up 5 shots on goal and won 5-2, or what happened last night can happen. If one is interested in what could have happened but didn’t, then this analytics report from last night is useful. 

Anyone who watched that game, then read that post and said “oh good, we were better than I thought” needs to have their head examined.