GDT: Jack & the Boys @ Torts' Trash - 7pm (eastern)

jagknife

3 minutes ago, nessus said:

This is an unfortunate situation because Brunette was clearly brought on to replace Ruff but now we have to wait for Ruff to “deserve” to be fired for Fitz to pull the trigger?

Are you doubting THE PROCESS?

How DARE you!

All (semi-)kidding aside, it was one game.  But man it was about as bad of an opener as it could have been.  I will be there tomorrow, and if I see more of this, I'm right there with MD2020 with the "FIRE LINDY" chants.  At some point enough is fvcking ENOUGH.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Well at least it’s not just us. Although Wood had some questionable plays last night

His bad penalty aside, I'm glad he's speaking up. It's bullsh!t. This song has been on repeat for years now. I'd like to see that kind of commitment to not losing show in the way they play and not just their words. It was not evident last night. They looked like the same team that's been content with losing. I've apologized for this team for a while, but this is the year. They gotta show some progress.

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

i’ve rapidly descended into apathy. oh no, we fvcking suck again. oh no, i’ll put away my devils hats and watch re-runs of hell’s kitchen instead of hockey this year. darn!

I hear ya man, truly, I'm going tomorrow and my excitement has really taken a hit...I'm expecting another rough one...just because.  I hope I'm walking out feeling good about SOMETHING I see on the damned ice tomorrow.

I know DM84 could be almost be comically negative on here sometimes, but goddamn, I see where he was coming from with some of it.  Still hoping he'll be proven wrong in time, that there is some end to all of this...but that damned first game...Jesus H...    

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Are you doubting THE PROCESS?

How DARE you!

All (semi-)kidding aside, it was one game.  But man it was about as bad of an opener as it could have been.  I will be there tomorrow, and if I see more of this, I'm right there with MD2020 with the "FIRE LINDY" chants.  At some point enough is fvcking ENOUGH.

The crowd will definitely be booing and chanting that if they perform this way again tomorrow. We have a large part of the fan base now who are desperately hungry for some winning hockey because they mainly know nothing but losing Devils hockey or were really young when we went to the finals in 2012 which was 11 seasons ago already.

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

The crowd will definitely be booing and chanting that if they perform this way again tomorrow. We have a large part of the fan base now who are desperately hungry for some winning hockey because they mainly know nothing but losing Devils hockey or were really young when we went to the finals in 2012 which was 11 seasons ago already.

My daughter, once it was 4-2:  “Are the Devils really going to suck AGAIN?!”

That’s really all she’s known as a Devils fan.  She was nine when they made the playoffs in 2018.  And of course they were out so quickly that it barely even felt like they actually went.

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

overall this game didn't go our way so i'm disappointed. But not as disappointed i was walking out of Halloween Ends

It sucked?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It sucked?

i was honestly sitting there in disbelief of what they were doing with that movie. I legit cannot believe the decisions they made for this final instalment of this conclusion trilogy. And just the overall executions of those ideas and everything.

I loved the other 2. I'm seriously shocked about this one. 

Edited by SterioDesign

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i was honestly sitting there in disbelief of what they were doing with that movie. I legit cannot believe the decisions they made for this final instalment of this conclusion trilogy. And just the overall executions of those ideas and everything.

I loved the other 2. I'm seriously shocked about this one. 

I've heard plenty about Game of Thrones and I did watch the first season and some of the second (just kinda lost interest)...every now and then I think about giving it another shot because so many people that I know were very into it, but when I hear about how awful the last season was, that kills it for me.  So sorry to hear that the Halloween conclusion blew.  That really sucks.

Showtime's doing a "Let The Right One In" as an extended series...going to check that out.  Saw the original and the American remake...liked both.

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I've heard plenty about Game of Thrones and I did watch the first season and some of the second (just kinda lost interest)...every now and then I think about giving it another shot because so many people that I know were very into it, but when I hear about how awful the last season was, that kills it for me.  So sorry to hear that the Halloween conclusion blew.  That really sucks.

Showtime's doing a "Let The Right One In" as an extended series...going to check that out.  Saw the original and the American remake...liked both.

i LOVE Game of Thrones. And to be fair. i wasn't a fan of how it ended. BUT man it's simply not true that the last season (as a whole) sucked. There's one episode halfway that might be one of the best tv episode of all time (in my opinion, honestly i can't see anything wrong about that episode). It was INSANE. And it was good until then too in that season. It just took a turn and the writing wasn't good after that. But GOT is TOTALLY worth watching. The last 2 episodes didn't ruin the whole thing for me. Again, that big episode was insanely epic for a tv show.

If anything, one can just..... stop after that one episode. They won't get..... some answers or conclusions about other thigns that will wrap up in the next episodes. But to some i guess.... it's better not to know than to not get the ending they wanted.

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

game of thrones final season was horrible. but it wasn’t so horrible that the show isn’t worth watching.

spectacular show and you have to watch it.

Great show but tailed off as a lot do. Not everything is sopranos or breaking bad. Both phenomenal shows throughout. 

8 minutes ago, MB3 said:

game of thrones final season was horrible. but it wasn’t so horrible that the show isn’t worth watching.

spectacular show and you have to watch it.

Oh man do I totally disagree with you there - I mean, I guess for a first-watch you could stop after season 4 knowing the rest of the show is total garbage.  But those last few seasons completely ruined the show for me, so much so that I won't re-watch it and I'm going to have to force myself to hop back into this new series.

fvck D&D

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Oh man do I totally disagree with you there - I mean, I guess for a first-watch you could stop after season 4 knowing the rest of the show is total garbage.  But those last few seasons completely ruined the show for me, so much so that I won't re-watch it and I'm going to have to force myself to hop back into this new series.

fvck D&D

Hot D has done more in the first 8 episodes than D&D did in their last 3 seasons combined. It is absolutely phenomenal. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i LOVE Game of Thrones. And to be fair. i wasn't a fan of how it ended. BUT man it's simply not true that the last season (as a whole) sucked. There's one episode halfway that might be one of the best tv episode of all time (in my opinion, honestly i can't see anything wrong about that episode). It was INSANE. And it was good until then too in that season. It just took a turn and the writing wasn't good after that. But GOT is TOTALLY worth watching. The last 2 episodes didn't ruin the whole thing for me. Again, that big episode was insanely epic for a tv show.

If anything, one can just..... stop after that one episode. They won't get..... some answers or conclusions about other thigns that will wrap up in the next episodes. But to some i guess.... it's better not to know than to not get the ending they wanted.

Are you referring to the Battle of Winterfell? I thought that episode was great.

And yeah the show kinda ended like a wet fart in the last couple of episodes but the ride was worth it. Truly a show where no one was safe the first couple of seasons

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

My daughter, once it was 4-2:  “Are the Devils really going to suck AGAIN?!”

That’s really all she’s known as a Devils fan.  She was nine when they made the playoffs in 2018.  And of course they were out so quickly that it barely even felt like they actually went.

My daughter is ten and she said the same thing.  Hopefully, they don’t.  We have tickets for the December 28th game against the Bruins.  She needs a New Jersey too.  We packed away the Butcher jersey.

23 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Are you referring to the Battle of Winterfell? I thought that episode was great.

And yeah the show kinda ended like a wet fart in the last couple of episodes but the ride was worth it. Truly a show where no one was safe the first couple of seasons

Honestly, I was pissed off enough that it was ending that I wouldn't have liked the end regardless. But I don't think it was as bad as people say, it more became a meme thing to talk about, like "that episode is too dark". 

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yah. I actually re-watched just that episode like... last week.

Honestly that episode was amazing. I watched it with a group of friends and it was like watching a fvcking cup finals when.... she..... did.... that thing....... we cheered and celebrated and everything lol

Not as much as i celebrated during the purple wedding though. I think that moment might have made me happier than all 3 stanley cups combined lol holy fvck. fvck that character. 

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Yah. I actually re-watched just that episode like... last week.

Honestly that episode was amazing. I watched it with a group of friends and it was like watching a fvcking cup finals when.... she..... did.... that thing....... we cheered and celebrated and everything lol

Not as much as i celebrated during the purple wedding though. I think that moment might have made me happier than all 3 stanley cups combined lol holy fvck. fvck that character. 

That episode was almost its own movie. I remember thinking they’d have a tough time ending the show any more epically than that. And they weren’t able too. 

Purple wedding, yeah I hated that character possibly more than any other TV character. 

11 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That episode was almost its own movie. I remember thinking they’d have a tough time ending the show any more epically than that. And they weren’t able too. 

Purple wedding, yeah I hated that character possibly more than any other TV character. 

yeah tv and movie characters for sure for me lol

I met the actor too and almost wanted to kick his ass eventhough he was nice to me lol 

12 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean, he played almost 16 minutes, maybe he could've played another shift or two but its not really that low. Basically aside from the first line, everyone was around that level or lower, at least among the forwards. 

A healthy Jesper Bratt should not be tied for 4th in 5v5 ice time. Especially when they’re down multiple goals. 

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

overall this game didn't go our way so i'm disappointed. But not as disappointed i was walking out of Halloween Ends

I went to see Smile tonight instead of Halloween Ends. I’m happy with that decision. 

9 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

fvck D&D

Luckily D& D aren’t involved with House of the Dragon, which has been absolutely fantastic. And I am one of the people who was completely turned off by the ending of GoT. To the point where I wasn’t sure I’d watch HotD. I’m glad I did though. Paddy Considine’s King Viserys is an Emmy worthy performance, and Matt Smith’s Prince Daemon is going to blow up as the next big character from this universe (think the Hound or Oberyn Martell). He’s the personification of fvcking bad ass. 

9 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Hot D has done more in the first 8 episodes than D&D did in their last 3 seasons combined. It is absolutely phenomenal. 

It really is. I’ve been watching both this and the LotR show on Amazon, and it’s crazy how much better the former is. Especially considering the latter is the most expensive tv show ever made. Biggest difference is probably that HotD is sticking much closer to the source material. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 2