New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

25 minutes ago, devlman said:

I get where you’re coming from but there is no NY media aside from Larry Brooks. No one in nyc really gives that much of a sh!t about the Rags. 

Classicccccccc

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

58 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Sounds like the Rags are going to hire Peter Laviolette. Just what their young and underdeveloped players need. :lol:

Lavi is upgrade to Gallant? Ummmm... Sureeeeeee.... I would call that lateral at best. Dolan probably sealed the deal with an unlimited gum budget.

59 minutes ago, HughesCorporation said:

Rags permitted to talk to Hynes LOLLLLL (dont know if this is posted in any other threads?)

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/report-new-york-rangers-permitted-to-interview-newly-fired-john-hynes-1.1967322

Heard this on 32 Thoughts but also heard Fridge throw around the idea of Dallas buying out Suter. Imagine getting bought out of multi-year deals almost back to back seasons(maybe one in between). LOL Karma is a bitch, Ryan. Hope you were texting Zach again on this playoff run, ya Dbag.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I really hope this is a new beginning of that late 1990s- early 2000's streak of Ranger irrelevance. IIRC they missed the playoffs for 8 seasons in a row and then we swept them out of the first round in 2006. I need this to happen again, especially now that the Devs could potentially be a threat to everyone for the next decade

• Like 1

On 5/31/2023 at 1:39 PM, MadDog2020 said:

It pains me to say it but I actually this this is a good hire for the Leafs.   It seems like there were a lot of external factors with the Flames job that made it near impossible to succeed at a level above what Treliving was able to accomplish in his 9 years.   I’m fascinated to see how he decides to handle the big 4 forwards this summer.   

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/stevestaeger/status/1664437485584404481?s=46&t=iY7dOWxkATrezoqlCWW3zw

this keeps getting weirder and weirder. But based on training I’ve had, I’m VERY CONFIDENT the woman in the ambulance is being human trafficked or forced to work in something illegal, or both.

Passport taken from her, fear of bodily harm, intoxicated on something. Three massive warning signs.

31 minutes ago, jagknife said:

https://twitter.com/stevestaeger/status/1664437485584404481?s=46&t=iY7dOWxkATrezoqlCWW3zw

this keeps getting weirder and weirder. But based on training I’ve had, I’m VERY CONFIDENT the woman in the ambulance is being human trafficked or forced to work in something illegal, or both.

Passport taken from her, fear of bodily harm, intoxicated on something. Three massive warning signs.

She's likely a trafficked prostitute. I saw someone mention a lot of RU players are connected to the RU mob scene and stuff like this isn't all that uncommon.

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Honestly sad how the old boys club can ignore just about anything in favor of giving opportunities to the same people over and over again who have proven they don't deserve it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Honestly sad how the old boys club can ignore just about anything in favor of giving opportunities to the same people over and over again who have proven they don't deserve it.

100% agreed. Babcock is another one who should’ve been blacklisted. At least it’s looking like Quenneville won’t be getting back in.

Edited by MadDog2020

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Man am I glad that the Devils have Jack Hughes at that money over Caufield.

That being said, hard to imagine Bratt's agent doesn't see that and think "At least that AAV, even if it's not for 8 years."

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

That's a shame.  That would have been a highly flammable situation sooner rather than later that I would have enjoyed watching.   

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Man, they don't mind paying top dollar up in Canada based on projections.  The dude has a career high of 43 points.  I know they all fell in love with Caufield during their run to the cup finals but he hasn't played more than 67 games in his two seasons.   Seems like if you're locking him up long term now, this AAV should have been a lot lower.      

Edited by Lateralous