New Around The League Thread

Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I got 7/9 and a "uniqueness" score of 270.  Got all of Calder winners, but was stumped on the Buf-Bos and Van-Bos connection.  Felt like they were right there but just couldn't get those damned names.

Some of the players that I came up with I ready had to dive deep in my memory well:  Bryan Smolinski, Barry Pederson, heh heh.

There's quite a few for Buffalo-Boston. I went with Randy Burridge of all people.

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I got 7/9 and a "uniqueness" score of 270.  Got all of Calder winners, but was stumped on the Buf-Bos and Van-Bos connection.  Felt like they were right there but just couldn't get those damned names.

Some of the players that I came up with I ready had to dive deep in my memory well:  Bryan Smolinski, Barry Pederson, heh heh.

Islanders Boston is easy cause Chara. The pens ones I blanked on.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

LOL that's the one that I used Smolinski for heh heh.

And of course I missed a very obvious one between Buffalo and Boston that didn't happen all that long ago, and of course involved a prominent ex-Devil...dammit!

• Like 1

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And of course I missed a very obvious one between Buffalo and Boston that didn't happen all that long ago, and of course involved a prominent ex-Devil...dammit!

Plus there's a certain Vezina winner this year.

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yea those were the two I got. I didn't get any Vancouver and I didn't get a Calder for Buffalo.

2 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Plus there's a certain Vezina winner this year.

Oh yeah duuuuuuuuh lol

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Yea those were the two I got. I didn't get any Vancouver and I didn't get a Calder for Buffalo.

Gilbert Perreault

9 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The funny thing is that I could've used Pederson twice...he worked for Van-Bos too.  FUUUUUUUUUUCK!  

1 minute ago, Jerrydevil said:

Plus a goalie that won the Vezina (his only Vezina) and the Calder in the same season. Quite an accomplishment.

Yep, made his inconsistent play later in his career up there that much for frustrating for the Sabres organization. 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The funny thing is that I could've used Pederson twice...he worked for Van-Bos too.  FUUUUUUUUUUCK!  

there was only one obvious answer to this one for me because he's a Bruins legend and he is an executive now. 

1 minute ago, Jerrydevil said:

Even more frustrating when he won two Cups for Pittsburgh.

The funny about that is that I remember when that deal was made, the feeling was "The Penguins are pinning their hopes on THAT guy?!"  Of course he did go on to have a solid career for the Pens, though I still don't think of him as a Hall Of Famer.  I know he won a couple of Cups and often put up good numbers compared to his peers, and did play well during those Cup runs, but goddamn the guy had a hell of a team in front of him.  

23 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

there was only one obvious answer to this one for me because he's a Bruins legend and he is an executive now. 

I guess Pederson's obvious, too, because he was traded for Cam Neely! What a trade that was for Boston.

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh yeah duuuuuuuuh lol

Gilbert Perreault

Jill-Bear Perro is the reason (indirectly) I'm a hockey fan, as a little kid, my older brother loved this guy and I started watching hockey back then, (yeah I'm that old lol) and one thing led to another and the Devils moved to Jersey and we were both hooked !!!, OK gotta take my Geritol now, it's getting late ha ha ha

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, HughesCorporation said:

Jill-Bear Perro is the reason (indirectly) I'm a hockey fan, as a little kid, my older brother loved this guy and I started watching hockey back then, (yeah I'm that old lol) and one thing led to another and the Devils moved to Jersey and we were both hooked !!!, OK gotta take my Geritol now, it's getting late ha ha ha

Get in line for the geritol. 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am super curious to see where Erik Karlsson ends up because this last year with the huge point totals feels like an all-timer of a pump-and-dump scheme by the Sharks.   How do you score over 70 even strength points and still end up a -26 other than you were given the green light to go at all times and not play a lick of defense?   

I've been pretty outspoken about thinking Dubas is an absolute fraud who never had any idea how to build an actual team beyond adding "skill".  If he ends up being the one who trades for EK, especially if it costs real assets, I will laugh my ass off.      

Yohe: Erik Karlsson is precisely what the Penguins could use - The Athletic

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I am super curious to see where Erik Karlsson ends up because this last year with the huge point totals feels like an all-timer of a pump-and-dump scheme by the Sharks.   How do you score over 70 even strength points and still end up a -26 other than you were given the green light to go at all times and not play a lick of defense?   

I've been pretty outspoken about thinking Dubas is an absolute fraud who never had any idea how to build an actual team beyond adding "skill".  If he ends up being the one who trades for EK, especially if it costs real assets, I will laugh my ass off.      

Yohe: Erik Karlsson is precisely what the Penguins could use - The Athletic

Man I know he put up a ton of points last season but paying that kind of money for his Age 33-36 seasons...especially factoring in the four seasons that came prior...yikes.  SJ would have to pick up at least 40% before I'd even begin to consider making a move for him...and even then I wouldn't feel all that good about it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HughesCorporation said:

I'm surprised the Rags arent going after E.K. just because it's the Rags, and he's a big name...

They can't afford him even if SJ was willing to retain the max on him and a lot of teams that might have taken assets to eat more of the money already used their retention slots(you only get 3 I think).

They gotta re-sign Laf and Miller and after that I don't think they'll have much money left.

3 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

They can't afford him even if SJ was willing to retain the max on him and a lot of teams that might have taken assets to eat more of the money already used their retention slots(you only get 3 I think).

They gotta re-sign Laf and Miller and after that I don't think they'll have much money left.

oh so thats the reason why!