GDT: 3/7/2022 Toronto Maple Leafs @ Your New Jersey Devils, 7:00 pm

Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, devlman said:

Vanecek with another garbage game. He gets drawn out of position so easily. The Bunting goal was embarrassing for him. He gets tunnel vision with the puck carrier.

He needs to stop playing .900 hockey. I’m really starting to worry about our goaltending again.

Samsonov was better, that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Vanecek with another garbage game. He gets drawn out of position so easily. The Bunting goal was embarrassing for him. He gets tunnel vision with the puck carrier.

He needs to stop playing .900 hockey. I’m really starting to worry about our goaltending again.

Our D sucked. Leafs practically owned the D zone center.

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I’m less enamored with Brunette than I have been. Still a big upgrade on Recchi.

Agreed on both points.  

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

Schmid is the better goalie right now. Full stop. It will be interesting to see how Ruff handles the splits down the stretch. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Our D sucked. Leafs practically owned the D zone center.

They left him out to dry a few times, but he’s also clearly struggling himself right now. His positioning and rebound control look terrible compared to when he’s on his game. 

12 minutes ago, devlman said:

I can’t flip on VV that quickly, and he did make some big saves tonight, but yeah, he’s not playing at the same level, and it would be nice if for just once Ruff’s teams actually showed the ability to correct obvious issues.  It can’t always be about hoping the Devils’ collective talent finds a way to make the coach look good.  They’ve gotten away with it quite a bit, and I suspect that they still will.  But at some point Lindy…

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

They left him out to dry a few times, but he’s also clearly struggling himself right now. His positioning and rebound control look terrible compared to when he’s on his game. 

He changed gear mid season, I’ll never understand why in a position that is literally mental, they guy would change something so significant as his pads

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Schmid is the better goalie right now. Full stop. It will be interesting to see how Ruff handles the splits down the stretch. 

I have more confidence in Schmid. He is the better goalie right now.

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't think there's any chance Schmid gets many starts in the playoffs. Too inexperienced.

Nicomo wasn’t talking about the playoffs.  Still time for VV to get hot again.

• Like 1

I also can’t say I’m crazy about Ruff already breaking up the Meier - Hughes - Bratt line after only one game. I know both  Timo and Jack are both big time shot producers, and I get wanting to try and even that out on different lines,, but FFS let them cook for a while. They were buzzing all throughout the 1st period. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I can’t flip on VV that quickly, and he did make some big saves tonight, but yeah, he’s not playing at the same level, and it would be nice if for just once Ruff’s teams actually showed the ability to correct obvious issues.  It can’t always be about hoping the Devils’ collective talent finds a way to make the coach look good.  They’ve gotten away with it quite a bit, and I suspect that they still will.  But at some point Lindy…

What would you have Lindy do? He’s not out there playing perimeter hockey and not stopping the puck. Lindy’s line shuffling actually worked well yet again. VV deserves the blame. He doesn’t get to hide behind Lindy.