2023 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

I know there's always a few points in the season you can point to of not doing x doesn't result in y happening but that March game in Florida really was a big one.

If we don't blow a 2 goal lead in the 3rd period by giving up like 3 goals in 3 minutes then Florida doesn't even make the playoffs and we would have won the division. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I know there's always a few points in the season you can point to of not doing x doesn't result in y happening but that March game in Florida really was a big one.

If we don't blow a 2 goal lead in the 3rd period by giving up like 3 goals in 3 minutes then Florida doesn't even make the playoffs and we would have won the division. 

Can't do that when we had what seemed like a dozen 3 goal comebacks this year.  

Honestly, when management decided to keep Blackwood in the rotation at the expense of Schmid staying in Jersey, they told us they were prioritizing having all hands on deck over playoff positioning.   It seems crazy now because of how Blackwood finished out but it is what it is.     

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

I thought Florida was screwed when they lost to Carolina in Game 82 and had to play Boston!

Edited by Jerrydevil
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Interesting. On one hand I think it's lame, but on the other hand the cost of a ticket to see a game in TOR VS a ticket to see a game in FLA + a flight/hotel... I could totally see TOR fans in the US and Canada trying to flood their arena. The FLA rnd 2 tickets might even be cheaper than Tampa rnd 1.

42 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Interesting. On one hand I think it's lame, but on the other hand the cost of a ticket to see a game in TOR VS a ticket to see a game in FLA + a flight/hotel... I could totally see TOR fans in the US and Canada trying to flood their arena. The FLA rnd 2 tickets might even be cheaper than Tampa rnd 1.

They had a ton of Boston fans so I don't blame them for trying to do something to keep tickets away from Leafs fans. 

The secondary market will have tickets available no matter what so of course if Leafs fans want in they will still be able to get in. 

I'm all for making things harder for visiting fans to get in though. 

• Like 3

These playoffs feel like 2006 all over again: beating the Rangers in the 1st, Hurricanes coming up in round 2 and even Brind'Amour is there. Hopefully the result is different this year.

This time though, I'm really happy with what they've achieved already. Let them get all the experience they can from now on and we'll see how it goes. I'm looking forward to whatever comes their way.

Of course, I'm a fan. The players better not be content with winning one round.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Revan said:

These playoffs feel like 2006 all over again: beating the Rangers in the 1st, Hurricanes coming up in round 2 and even Brind'Amour is there. Hopefully the result is different this year.

This time though, I'm really happy with what they've achieved already. Let them get all the experience they can from now on and we'll see how it goes. I'm looking forward to whatever comes their way.

Nico made it pretty clear that they're not.

One thing that's nice about the playoffs is that for guys who weren't putting the puck home nearly as much as they would've liked, a new series can feel like a hard reset I'm sure.  Maybe now Nico, Timo (if he's OK), and Bratt start scoring goals in THIS series.  

2 hours ago, Revan said:

I sure hope it's different cause I expected that Devils team to give a bigger battle to that Carolina team and we got sh!t kicked in 3 out of the 4 losses. I expect this series to be a much more even one. 

Edited by Satans Hockey

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I sure hope it's different cause I expected that Devils team to give a bigger battle to that Carolina team and we got sh!t kicked in 3 out of the 4 losses. I expect this series to be a much more even one. 

The Devils played Carolina tougher in each game in their regular season matchups.  I was more scared of the Rangers (due to what Shesterkin can do) than I am of the Canes.  I wouldn't be that surprised to see the Devils clinch this one at home, in Game 6...I feel pretty confident about this series.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Revan said:

My recommendation is don't have a Game 2 like Devils-Carolina in 2006. Devastating. That's the NHL playoffs. Disaster always looms. 

11 minutes ago, BlueSkirt said:

round 2 schedule is out.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-playoffs-round-2-schedule-2023/c-280468316

wtf leafs start before us & end after us....why is our series without any days off ?

Because the Devils aren’t the Leafs

2 hours ago, BlueSkirt said:

round 2 schedule is out.

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-playoffs-round-2-schedule-2023/c-280468316

wtf leafs start before us & end after us....why is our series without any days off ?

Because the leafs arena is probably booked for other events. Nobody could anticipate that they would make it into the second round

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Florida wins game 1

They’re going to be a tough out. They’ve basically been playing playoff hockey for the last couple months, and I’d say they’re probably the most physical team left. At least in the East anyway. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

They’re going to be a tough out. They’ve basically been playing playoff hockey for the last couple months, and I’d say they’re probably the most physical team left. At least in the East anyway. 

No doubt. I think they beat Toronto in 6.

• Like 1