GDT: Game 4 Devils @ The Bad Guys, 7:00 pm

Colorado Rockies 1976

4 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

This team has surprised us all season and bounced back from bad games. After taking a real pasting in the first two games they've not let their heads drop, they've battled back and tied the series. Great win tonight. Hats off to the D, they played fantastically and, I have to say, well done to the coaching staff for turning this around. 

Now let's freakin' go and get the series lead!

I’m noticing Kreider a lot less (even though he figured in on both goals in the last two games).  That’s a hell of a positive development.

• Like 2
  • EvilHeart 2

6 minutes ago, aylbert said:

I didn’t have a problem with that statement…  on name alone, the Rangers are stacked with Zibanajad, Panarin, Kreider, Tarasenko, Kane, Trocheck, and then toss in the kid line of Lafreniere, Kakko, Chytil…  

but they were standing still and losing all the puck battles, which was his point.

Yea I don't see an issue with it either. It's the truth. Rags are stacked most years, it just never really does them any good.

• Like 1
  • EvilHeart 1

I came home from picking up my daughter from school to hearing the crowd boo their own team on a power play, priceless!

Unbelievable how this team went from deers in the headlight to ultra mature Devil's hockey

Edited by eaglejelly
Spelling
  • Like 5
  • EvilHeart 3

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

I really can't express how much I love that Jack hates rangers fans as much as we do. 

He even hates them more than doing interviews, heh heh.

Yeah, what’s to like?  They’re the worst.  The fvcking WORST.

• Like 4
  • EvilHeart 3

They played so much better in that game. The offense is still struggling a bit but the D was a helluva alot better. Schmid was not nearly as good today but that big frame makes a difference. I think the Rags fvcking up on the miscues further adds to their frustration. They're going to come out flying in game 5.  But, I think the Devils are getting very close to breaking out. Game 5 could break the Rags back if the Devils offense snaps out.

LMFGD!

Just now, capo said:

They played so much better in that game. The offense is still struggling a bit but the D was a helluva alot better. Schmid was not nearly as good today but that big frame makes a difference. I think the Rags fvcking up on the miscues further adds to their frustration. They're going to come out flying in game 5.  But, I think the Devils are getting very close to breaking out. Game 5 could break the Rags back if the Devils offense snaps out.

LMFGD!

I’m sorry but what more did you want him to do? Pitch a shutout? He’s been really good. Cool, calm and collected. Exactly what you want at this time of the year.

• Like 4
  • EvilHeart 1

20 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

I’m sorry but what more did you want him to do? Pitch a shutout? He’s been really good. Cool, calm and collected. Exactly what you want at this time of the year.

I say that meaning he was absolutely brilliant the game before. He had multiple times where the puck got threw him and the D was there in this one. The Rangers one goal resulted from him kicking a rebound right back to a player ready to shoot. He was good not great in this one. He was once again positionally sound and cool, calm and collected as you stated. I believe he's the guy but he was better in game 3 then 4.  

1 hour ago, Satans Hockey said:

This is why you never give up, sh!t is a 7 game series for a reason. 

I’ll admit I got pretty down after game 2 and felt like it was probably over. I’ll gladly take my walk of shame!

image.gif.22f8989654ded6d3c56d057596657249.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • EvilHeart 1

12 minutes ago, capo said:

He had multiple times where the puck got threw him and the D was there in this one.

I only remember it happening once. Anyway, he was still damn good in this one. He just makes it look easy. Ferraro put it best in game 3 - “there is just no wasted movement in his game.”

• EvilHeart 1

What a GUTSY performance! The resolve these kids have shown is through the roof. Credit to the coaches for the excellent adjustments. Shout out to Kevin Bahl who had another stellar game.

The ESPN telecast was nauseating. It may as well have been Rosen and Micheletti the way everything was Ranger-centric. What do the Rangers have to do? Which Ranger will score? Which Ranger has shots? On and on. Very biased.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1
  • EvilHeart 2

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He’s been awesome.  Gotta give kidos to Lindy for not doing a Lindy thing and going right back to VV.  VV had a hell of season and won a lot of games for the 2022-23 Devils…it would have been easy to go right back to him, and who knows, maybe it would have worked out.  But sticking with Schmid just felt more “right” in this case.

Nah, a Lindy thing (besides dumbass decisions and blind spots) is sticking with a winning lineup old-school style.  I didn't have any fear he'd try to change things in Game 4, nor do I think he'll do so in Game 5.  I do worry after the next loss Wood and Smith will be on call but I think it takes two bad games for Akira to get yanked, just like it took two games of being lit up for Vitek to get yanked.  Of course we can't really afford two more bad games from a goalie in 'this' series anyway, especially with how popgun the offense still is outside of Jack.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 3