GDT - Devils vs Rags Game 7 --Devils move on!

NJDfan1711

Didn't put the time in the title because it's still TBD according to the NHL app. I expect 7pm. Either way, season is on the line. 

I don't have much else to say right now. We know what needs to be done. I'm confident in this team. 

Edited by NJDfan1711

54 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Starting the next GDT during a brutal loss…

image.gif.48a83cda1914b7a50a0eb3ceafcd03f2.gif

Hey, I'm not the first one to immediately start the next GDT, win or loss. In my opinion there's no reason to dwell on this loss that much. It's pretty clear, at least to me, what went wrong. Too many penalties, too much nervousness / anxiousness after the first period. We got away from our game and let them dictate the play. Fact of the matter is, not being cocky, but we are the better team. We are more skilled. It's up to us to do what we did in games three four and five. Win the battles for loose box. Four check. Play physical. If we do those things then that's where our skill takes over. 

Edited by NJDfan1711
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Hey, I'm not the first one to immediately start the next GDT, win or loss. In my opinion there's no reason to dwell on this loss that much. It's pretty clear, at least to me, what went wrong. Too many penalties, too much nervousness / anxiousness after the first period. We got away from our game and let them dictate the play. Fact of the matter is, not being cocky, but we are the better team. We are more skilled. It's up to us to do what we did in games three four and five. Win the battles for loose box. Four check. Play physical. If we do those things then that's where our skill takes over. 

When the Devils play their game, the Rags can’t handle them. We just need Ruff to get them ready and get them to stay on target. A bounce back game from Schmid is also needed 

• Like 1

All I’m asking for tomorrow:

The refs to call a fair game, for both teams.

For Nico, Timo and Bratt to find the damned net already.  The first two I can see doing it.  Bratt is one of those “Has anyone seen Bratt lately?!” funks that I don’t suspect he’ll snap out of in this series.

Graves has established himself as a solid “transitional” player, but not the guy you want in your D-corp once you become a playoff team with aspirations of going deep.  Enjoy the 4-5 year, $5-6 AAV a UFA with a +41 and a +34 season will get Ryan.  Thanks for helping with getting the Devils to the next stage.  But you’re done here.

• Like 2

Dear NJ Devils,

You guys lucked out.  

I went to bed dejected last night, only to discover that my wife was - for reasons still perplexing to me - digging the CroMag.  I’m not going to get into details (DM me, if interested), but it helped me deal with a disappointing game six loss.

But, fellas…no such comfort awaits me if you don’t get the job done Monday night.

School/work night attempts at…you know…usually don’t go in my favor.

So, no pressure…BUT IT ALL RESTS ON YOU.

I feel like I’ve said too much, and this is awkward.

This is probably a good place to wrap up.

Yours 4ever,

NJCroMag

Edited by NJCroMag
  • Haha 7
  • Shocking 1

1 hour ago, NJCroMag said:

Dear NJ Devils,

You guys lucked out.  

I went to bed dejected last night, only to discover that my wife was - for reasons still perplexing to me - digging the CroMag.  I’m not going to get into details (DM me, if interested), but it helped me deal with a disappointing game six loss.

But, fellas…no such comfort awaits me if you don’t get the job done Monday night.

School/work night attempts at…you know…usually don’t go in my favor.

So, no pressure…BUT IT ALL RESTS ON YOU.

I feel like I’ve said too much, and this is awkward.

This is probably a good place to wrap up.

Yours 4ever,

NJCroMag

These posts are wild.

I’m all for it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

For Nico, Timo and Bratt to find the damned net already.  The first two I can see doing it.  Bratt is one of those “Has anyone seen Bratt lately?!” funks that I don’t suspect he’ll snap out of in this series.

I saw someone on Twitter point out just how bad it’s been even going back to the regular season.

Nico 1 goal in his last 18 GP. Bratt 1 goal in his last 15 GP. 

Timo actually finished the season a little stronger than those two, but man…

• Angry 1

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I saw someone on Twitter point out just how bad it’s been even going back to the regular season.

Nico 1 goal in his last 18 GP. Bratt 1 goal in his last 15 GP. 

Timo actually finished the season a little stronger than those two, but man…

Nico and Timo look snakebitten.   Bratt looks ineffective.  

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

Nico and Timo look snakebitten.   Bratt looks ineffective.  

Bratt looks so hesitant. He made some real nice plays getting around players and kept getting the puck but then it seemed like he couldn’t decide what to do with it. Like that moment in the 3rd when he had an open shot and tried to force a pass instead 

• Like 1