GDT - Devils vs Rags Game 7 --Devils move on!

NJDfan1711

Trying to ignore what my gut is telling me about tonight (I'm more nervous about Shersterkin having a huge game than anything else...after that, it's can the Devils stay out of the box enough, even though the Ranger power play really hasn't hurt the Devils much at all over the last four games).  I'm just not ready to see this season end.  It's been too much damned fun.  I know it was never supposed to be about 2022-23 (as far as winning a Cup goes, anyway), but I just hope that the Devils find a way to keep this season going just a little longer.  Man, if the Devils pull this off...the rest of the postseason (for as long as it lasts) will truly feel like house money.  

Pleeeeeeease Devils, don't let the Rangers beat you on your ice in THIS game.  Please!    

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

Let's go Devils! 

So nervous I forgot what it felt like to care about hockey. I was so cranky Saturday night after the game.

Here's my "worst case", as far as what I'm nervous about:

Refs call every last friggin' thing on the Devils while conveniently missing just enough Ranger infractions while the game is still a game...as we saw in the last game and in last night's game (Panthers vs Bruins), it's not just being scored on when shorthanded...it's the momentum that the other team gets from being on multiple power plays.  Devils just HAVE to keep the bad penalties (especially in the offensive zone) to a minimum.  The Panthers showed that obvious ref bias can be overcome, but man that makes things a LOT more difficult.

And it's really time for the guys who are SUPPOSED to score to friggin' do it already!  Can't keep asking guys like Siegs and Lazar to pitch in.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 hour ago, bostondevil11 said:

Let's go Devils! 

So nervous I forgot what it felt like to care about hockey. I was so cranky Saturday night after the game.

Same here.  I was cranky even in to yesterday.   I really thought Saturday was going to be the night and I was even more reassured when they came out and did exactly what they needed to the first 15 minutes.   After the unraveling of that game, I just have a sense of impending doom

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Trying to ignore what my gut is telling me about tonight (I'm more nervous about Shersterkin having a huge game than anything else...after that, it's can the Devils stay out of the box enough, even though the Ranger power play really hasn't hurt the Devils much at all over the last four games).  I'm just not ready to see this season end.  It's been too much damned fun.  I know it was never supposed to be about 2022-23 (as far as winning a Cup goes, anyway), but I just hope that the Devils find a way to keep this season going just a little longer.  Man, if the Devils pull this off...the rest of the postseason (for as long as it lasts) will truly feel like house money.  

Pleeeeeeease Devils, don't let the Rangers beat you on your ice in THIS game.  Please!    

Same boat.  This has been such an enjoyable ride.   We all understand that everything that happens now is pretty much icing on the cake but I really don't want it to end like Saturday nights game.   If we can win tonight, I'm fine with whatever comes next.  Please Devils, just don't lose this one.       

53 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Looking forward to the Jack Hughes hat trick. 

LETS GOOOOO!!!!

It would be a great time for him to put the team on his back and win the game and show the Rangers they will be his bitch for the next decade.    

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 2

Damn it I’m going to have anxiety all day now. Devils need to come out calm and composed, which I’m nervous might be tough for them. They beat this team three games in a row, there’s no reason why they can’t beat them again. I truly believe the devils are the better team, I’m assuming we will get schmid in goal let’s hope he brings his absolute “A” game. Stay out of the box, please please Meier, bratt and or nico contribute on the score sheet, this team absolutely needs one or more of those three to do something. Aside from all that, everyone had us counted out and we came back to make this thing a 7 game series, proved to the hockey world were no slouch. All the commentary is all in favor and about NY.. show up and show them devils hockey is back and back to stay for a very long time! Let’s go boys let’s gooo!!!

• Like 2

We are playing hockey in May guys! Never would have believed that after the first 2 games of the season. This team has risen to the occasion so many times this year, it’s time to do it one more time. This Ranger team can not handle the Devils when they play their game. 

• Like 1

Here is how we win this game, and it’s pretty simple:  Throw pucks on net. Do not overpass. Shoot and crash. Looking at you, Jesper. Lindy actually said he spoke with Bratt about this so let’s go with a breakout performance by him tonight.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

We are playing hockey in May guys! Never would have believed that after the first 2 games of the season. This team has risen to the occasion so many times this year, it’s time to do it one more time. This Ranger team can not handle the Devils when they play their game. 

And regardless of what happens tonight, this season will still have been a major success.  But man would I love to see it be a raging, overwhelming, holy sh!t kind of success.  Especially at the Rangers' expense.  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And regardless of what happens tonight, this season will still have been a major success.  But man would I love to see it be a raging, overwhelming, holy sh!t kind of success.  Especially at the Rangers' expense.  

I’m hoping the team pulls it together and wins this one. I’m a little nervous that they are rattled again and won’t be able to recover. But the one thing we can take out of games 3-5 is that the Rags know, even if they win tonight , the road to the metro is going through Jersey for the next 10 years. 

9 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’m hoping the team pulls it together and wins this one. I’m a little nervous that they are rattled again and won’t be able to recover. But the one thing we can take out of games 3-5 is that the Rags know, even if they win tonight , the road to the metro is going through Jersey for the next 10 years. 

I think the Devils will need a goalie to match Shesterkin.  I think VV has absolutely established himself as a reliable, cost-effective excellent 1B:  he can play 50+ games if you need him to, he can go on terrific sustained runs, and if the other guy gets hurt, you can certainly do worse than to have him handling the lion's share of games for long periods of time during the regular season.  But I'm not sure if he's the guy who can be your PLAYOFF horse...hence, the 1B status.

Maybe Schmid is that 1A guy, maybe he isn't...it's simply too early to tell.  Hopefully so, because when you can develop that guy from within and have him come up with hopefully several excellent years ahead of him...that's every franchise's soggy dream.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Like I said... 

If he gets lit up tonight, no way that I second-guess this move.  I think it's fair and I understand the logic behind it. 

• Like 2

To those going to the game :   you paid a lot of money so you’re entitled to do what you want but PLEASE do not chant IGOR if we score first.   As you know We’ve already lost two after scoring first.   I’ve said before it’s just tempting fate…..

Second I’m sure this has been answered many times but how can you watch the local broadcast if out of town (in Dalllas).  i can’t listen to the gag reflex crew for three hours and i’m guessing the radio broadcast isn’t synced enough to mute the TV. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LIDevsFan1 said:

To those going to the game :   you paid a lot of money so you’re entitled to do what you want but PLEASE do not chant IGOR if we score first.   As you know We’ve already lost two after scoring first.   I’ve said before it’s just tempting fate…..

Fate, karma, none of this phony bullsh!t exists. 

We chanted Igor during the last home game and won after scoring first. 

8 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I said to my buddies - the loss gives Lindy an excuse to tinker with the lineup.

Would anyone be shocked if Wood was dressed tonight?

For whom?   Lazar had our only goal when we weren't in garbage time on Saturday.   Boqvist?   I could see putting Sharagovich in for Boqvist if you're hoping one well timed snipe could be the difference but having Wood and Lazar both in the lineup pretty much assures us we're going to play the Rangers game instead of the Devils game tonight.   

• Like 2