GDT - Devils @ Hurricanes Semifinals Game 1 5/3/23 7:00pm ESPN

NJDfan1711

5 hours ago, NJCroMag said:

Dear New Jersey Devils,

Please accept this inspirational parable as my best wishes for a game one victory tonight against the Hurricanes...

The moral of the story, obviously, is that...uhhh...there are still parts of North Carolina where people don't wear shoes?  That's...wow...that's the best I've got.  I'm not very good at this, apparently.

Anyway...best of luck!

With eternal love,
NJCroMag

[AUTHOR'S NOTE:  I had to Google it afterwards, but apparently, the story is about how important it is to have the right mindset and attitude to properly assess a situation.  But I like my shoes theory better.]

This made me laugh far to much on the commute home on a busy train. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NJCroMag said:

Dear New Jersey Devils,

Please accept this inspirational parable as my best wishes for a game one victory tonight against the Hurricanes...

The moral of the story, obviously, is that...uhhh...there are still parts of North Carolina where people don't wear shoes?  That's...wow...that's the best I've got.  I'm not very good at this, apparently.

Anyway...best of luck!

With eternal love,
NJCroMag

[AUTHOR'S NOTE:  I had to Google it afterwards, but apparently, the story is about how important it is to have the right mindset and attitude to properly assess a situation.  But I like my shoes theory better.]

So happy to see you posting again.  I missed your wit. 😄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NJCroMag said:

Dear New Jersey Devils,

Anyway...best of luck!

With eternal love,
NJCroMag

You’re nuts!

But it’s workin…

36 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

In 2023, how is a brain injury a game time decision?   If he's feeling a little off, shouldn't we just sit him until at least Friday?   

it could be pain management from the what looks like broken nose and not a concussion.

35 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Maybe we’re just playing head games with Carolina, he took full practice, no way he misses game 1 of this thing 

I see what you did there

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

it could be pain management from the what looks like broken nose and not a concussion.

Hopefully you're right

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Could be both. Sometimes the concussion doesn't hit you for a bit too, no pun intended.

I mean, that was already two days in the pasts. With things are now with concussions if he suffered one there would be no way no how he would be allowed to be on the ice playing with the team. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

I mean, that was already two days in the pasts. With things are now with concussions if he suffered one there would be no way no how he would be allowed to be on the ice playing with the team. 

Yeah with all of the protocols in place now and the much heightened awareness that goes with concussed athletes, he wouldn't even be on the ice for practice if that was a possibility.  And the Devils themselves don't want to see him come back too early any more than we do.  Not really fair to speculate that they're going to screw this up...or that somehow we know better than they do as to how to handle Timo.  

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Concussion symptoms can be delayed. I think it says something that Meier is a game time decision that maybe he's not exactly 100%. My own concussion symptoms didn't emerge for weeks and then all the sudden there they were, and it sucked.

Not claiming that is what's happening, I'm just saying it's possible.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Concussion symptoms can be delayed. I think it says something that Meier is a game time decision that maybe he's not exactly 100%. My own concussion symptoms didn't emerge for weeks and then all the sudden there they were, and it sucked.

Not claiming that is what's happening, I'm just saying it's possible.

Yea I hear ya, unfortunately I myself have had 3 knockout concussions and I never really experienced any bad symptoms from any of them thank god. However even still today if I shake my head back and forth my head will hurt… maybe that’s something else 🤣. I do figure with the concussion protocols in place now, they would’ve put him through scans and other things to determine if it was indeed a concussion or not

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Funny in that I think a lot of fans have already forgotten all about VV...but I won't surprised if we see him again before this postseason ends.

FWIW, Schmid came into the playoffs with 23 AHL and 18 NHL games under his belt for the 2022-23 season...a fairly moderate workload.  Hopefully he still has plenty in the tank.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Funny in that I think a lot of fans have already forgotten all about VV...but I won't surprised if we see him again before this postseason ends.

FWIW, Schmid came into the playoffs with 23 AHL and 18 NHL games under his belt for the 2022-23 season...a fairly moderate workload.  Hopefully he still has plenty in the tank.  

I definitely haven't and I think he'll be ready and be good if he's needed. The team played like crap in front of him those first two games so I don't hold it against him.

• Like 3

I actually think the Rangers are a better team than the Canes. The Rags finished the season stronger, and they had Shesterkin playing lights out. Still, the Devils were able to score multiple goals on several occasions. Doesn't mean the Devils will definitely win this one, but I'm hoping for an easier series this time. I would love to see Meier find the back of the net. Hopefully the injury concern is not a major one.

LGD.

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

at the end of the day, VV helped us get to where we are today so hopefully he can keep his head up high.. but ya maybe we'll see VV take a game or two. Don't see that happening if Schmid continues playing the way he has been.