jagknife

11 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Who the hell is Shane bowers 

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

A minor leaguer, like Reilly Walsh.

th?id=OIP.RFaDmtdLsSzdHObkyKkdxgHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

Anyway, yeah, Walsh is already 24 and there was obviously a reason he was never a guy who was called up, outside of getting in one game at the very end of 2022.  He just never made enough of an impression, otherwise he absolutely gets a look.  Bowers actually was a former first-rounder in Nico's draft, but this sure appears to be strictly AHL-related.  

25 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

th?id=OIP.RFaDmtdLsSzdHObkyKkdxgHaHa&pid=Api&P=0&h=180

Maybe Fitz and Don Sweeney were over at Tootsies listening to country music all afternoon and just decided to make a trade for the hell of it after a few beers.   

Edited by Lateralous
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Anyway, yeah, Walsh is already 24 and there was obviously a reason he was never a guy who was called up, outside of getting in one game at the very end of 2022.  He just never made enough of an impression, otherwise he absolutely gets a look.  Bowers actually was a former first-rounder in Nico's draft, but this sure appears to be strictly AHL-related.  

I’m not shocked to see the Matt Taormina level over reaction to this from some people. Walsh was not gonna pass Luke, Nemec, Casey, etc 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’m not shocked to see the Matt Taormina level over reaction to this from some people. Walsh was not gonna pass Luke, Nemec, Casey, etc 

He couldn’t even pass the guys who were here before those guys.  It just doesn’t happen for some players.

16 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I think Walsh stands a good chance of being a serviceable 7th D man at NHL level who can help on the second unit of a power play. Boston certainly got the player with more potential. 

It will be very interesting to see if Boston decides to give him a chance almost right out of the gate.  Not sure what their D-depth is at the moment (they did get back the RFA rights of two D in the Hall deal, FWIW).

9 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

For a guy who supposed to be able to score some but managed 5 goals over his last 55 NHL games, and ONE goal over his last 25 GP (and let's not forget, was healthy-scratched)?  And who was often flat-out invisible?

Yes. He is young enough, scored enough before, play pk, and he is rfa. 

I think Fitz will trade him for good price or will save the depth. 

_____

Walsh wasn`t really Devil from the beggining. I don`t think he is more than 7th nhl D(and it`s a good for him in the end). Small PP qb with questionable decision making and average\below average skating. Thanks, but no. In the "Ty Smith" can. 

Edited by Guadana

9 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Someone really needs to delete pucks and pitchforks from the internet.

Screenshot_20230626-121046_Firefox (1).jpg

Opie & Anthony once said you don’t go to CNN for d!ck jokes.

You also don’t go to Pucks and Pitchforks for Devils news.  They’re an absolute embarrassment.  I respect the opinions and observations from many members on here FAR more than anything that I’ve read there.  They’re the kinds of clowns that see a guy like a 25-year-old Nick Lappin score 5 goals in 7 AHL games and suddenly he’s a prospect who’s being ignored by the big club.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Lol... 

Kinda wish they'd used a real life Rangers fan...

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, jagknife said:

it is TFP, but I’m kinda surprised he’s gonna sign for 8 years for some team

No one's signing him for eight years.  Maybe three tops.

At least it sounds like the Devils will get something in return...still don't see it being much, but somethin is better than nothin.

• Like 1