The OFFICIAL Off-Season Thread

jagknife

5 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

With the Toffoli deal, anyone think we're still going after Colton from Tampa?      

Was thinking maybe Fitz gives up this year’s 2nd and something else, even with Toffoli in the fold.  But would be weird to not have a pick until the 4th round in the 2023 draft.  

5 hours ago, Have Another Donut said:

I think giving Shango away for a 3rd or less doesn't help the team.  If you can get a decent haul-fine, but internally who is better than him?  Boki? No.  Anyone from Utica including Holtz? (weak skater/defense). No.  Or give him 5 months

to see what happens.  As a team that should easily make the playoffs they have the luxury of doing that. He may have more value to the team (versatile/center/wing/pk/small cap hit/proven goal scorer) than what he'll bring in a trade at this point.

I'd like to see them package Shango/Holtz/3rd  for someone like Lawson Crouse.  My Trade Deadline (or sooner) Wish.

Hey, good call here. Shango and a 3rd got it done. 

59 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

With the Toffoli deal, anyone think we're still going after Colton from Tampa?      

Possibly. Less likely with the Toffoli deal now, especially if they want a roster spot for Foote. 

Maybe some team comes along and offers a 2nd round pick for Foote. Maybe Tampa would give a 2nd to get him back and will give us Colton in exchange.  

Doesn't make as much sense and feels like it would be moving sideways to get a 2nd rounder back. You have to be careful when you pencil guys into a fourth line role (IE Foote) to start the season. Someone can get hurt or they can demand more ice time through good play and play their way up a lineup. 

Would Tampa Bay do Colton for Boquist + a 2nd? Maybe it's something to consider if TB knows they can't resign him. We need Colton's bottom six-ness and I think they would like another possible young player. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RizzMB30 said:

Hey, I think you're right re: Shar. Fitz would love to throw him a 2.5-4 million dollar "show me contract" at another 2-3 years, but the steps taken this year by the team and the cap space means it won't work. 

Let's say he came back at a 1 year, 3.5 million dollars a year deal. Even if he scored 30-40 goals in '23-24, we wouldn't be able to keep him longer term. Toffoli makes us deeper on the right side where that's the only place that Shar can go with Meier and Bratt as top two LWs. 

Wish only success to Yegor. He was good scorer and PKer. He lost his touch in the second half. He was very good in 7th game against rangers. 
I don`t think he has 35 goals upside. 30 is more real. Even if he will, he is more open ice scorer and not so hard forechecker(at least because of his mechanics). We are in position where we are should find more Haulas than Sharangoviches in their best shape. We have enough goal scorers in Jack, Timo, Nico and Jesper. May be Holtz will bring his touch. But now team should develop\sign\trade more good hard working players. Toffoli can score and can work on the short distance too. If things will go in the right direction, we can sign him, if not - its not. We have Holtz, Gritsyuk and Filmon on the wings in the prospect pool. And we should save the core of 13-86-96\28-63-19. Other are complumentary pieces.

1 minute ago, Have Another Donut said:

👍  Would still like to get Crouse (only 26) or Colton-he's better than anything in the pipeline now, or maybe Scheifele as a rental at the deadline.

Scheifele would be a perfect fit for Boston if Bergeron retires. I’m calling that right now.

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Jeez, when this is done, what the heck are we going to spend the rest of the summer debating or complaining about?    

oh have faith in us.. We will find something ; ) 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

Jeez, when this is done, what the heck are we going to spend the rest of the summer debating or complaining about?    

The lack of drama and bad news? Too much positivity? The options are endless. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

18 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

The lack of drama and bad news? Too much positivity? The options are endless. 

I have no fewer than 2x time filler posts in the chamber for late July dead air.

• Like 1