2023-2024 NJ Devils season thread

MadDog2020

13 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

6'6", 250 lbs career plus six

Love all those Numbers but can he skate with our team?

He knows how to defend
He clearly knows how to play his body... And he can protect our boys

He will not be here to run the powerplay that's for sure but we have way too many players to do that so it's fine
And of course he isn't as fast as Jack & Jesper (but who is ?) ... but i'm pretty sure he would manage to get in synch with our team 

5 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I feel like this team is made for regular season success and not necessarily built for a long playoff run, bad goaltending not withstanding. 

I'm not telling anyone that making the devils more physical makes them better but I really don't want to see our captain getting run on with no answers anymore either.  I'm not looking for a waste of space like Reaves either, those days are over.  I actually hoped the Devils would sign Colton in the offseason.  And I liked Gudas too because I was hoping the team would get a little more physical.  Zadorov would be a good start. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I still want Zadorov regardless. I want Smith out of the lineup.

I don’t care who we get as long as this happens. ANYONE has to be better. Smith is the same to me as a terrible fantasy football defense who gets you negative points. In those cases I would have rather put no one in that lineup spot rather than get negative points. In this case I’d rather put a cardboard cutout out there who at least won’t take stupid penalties

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Idk Hanifin's game well. Is he desirable? I thought he was more of another puck mover.

He’s good, I honestly don’t think he’s feasible for us to acquire though; his cap hit is like $5 million. After I made that post I started to think more about it and Hanifin isn’t really what we need, as his game is more of an offensive game. We need solid defense.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

He’s good, I honestly don’t think he’s feasible for us to acquire though; his cap hit is like $5 million. After I made that post I started to think more about it and Hanifin isn’t really what we need.

Gotcha. I was anticipating more that a move would happen later in the season and NJ would be able to take advantage of pro-rated contracts to make a move but if it happens soon and they have people on LTIR I think the rule is you can't pro-rate at all so cap stuff has to happen.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Here’s my beef:

Yes, Holtz’s overall metrics are not good, but Lindy seems to be acting as if it’s all on Holtz.  And that is simply not at all accurate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Here’s my beef:

Yes, Holtz’s overall metrics are not good, but Lindy seems to be acting as if it’s all on Holtz.  And that is simply not at all accurate.

Well luckily he's got plenty of days to sit and think about what he needs to fix. I assumed there would be a game today... How stupid of me. This schedule is great for the injury issue but fvcking sucks for watching the team.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, StarDew said:

How come Ruff doesn't do this crap to Smith???

Mostly because Miller is hurt.  But would have it been SO bad to give Cal Foote a game while he was up?  Smith is really hard to stomach.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Mostly because Miller is hurt.  But would have it been SO bad to give Cal Foote a game while he was up?  Smith is really hard to stomach.

Ruff never gives Smith the bench or press box. He has been treating Smith special since before Miller injury. 

• Like 1