GDT: Devils host Fruity Drink Accessories - 27 Oct @ 7p

jagknife

Just got home.

Crazy game, just SO glad that they pulled it off and won.

Happy for Holtz…he’s at least doing everything he can to leave the AHL in his rearview.

Haula needed 45 games to score 4 goals last year.  Glad he’s getting much better puck luck this season (so far).

Man I hope Nico is OK.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just got home.

Crazy game, just SO glad that they pulled it off and won.

Happy for Holtz…he’s at least doing everything he can to leave the AHL in his rearview.

Haula needed 45 games to score 4 goals last year.  Glad he’s getting much better puck luck this season (so far).

Man I hope Nico is OK.

A reporter asked Haula about that in the post game and he was pretty salty about it.

Just caught up with the game. Another wild one. Plenty to like from this one though. As mentioned, Holtz was fantastic. He could have easily had a couple more points tonight if not for some amazing goaltending from both guys. I thought he looked like the Devils best player for whole stretches of the game.

Another encouraging thing is they scored 5 goals and Jack & Bratt only factored in on 2 of them (what a play Bratt made on his goal my god). I thought Luke played really well outside of 1 or 2 plays, and falling down happens to even the best of them. Also loved seeing Jack winning the majority of his face-offs. Once he improves on that people will literally have nothing to knock about his game.

Vanecek really was amazing in the 2nd period otherwise this game could have gotten away from them in a hurry. We won’t talk about that Cozens goal though…

Only negative was obviously Nico getting concussed. Dude must just be an absolute pest to play against, because opposing players seem to go after him at an unusually high rate. Hope he’s ok. 2 Nico scares only 7 games into the season is not my favorite thing. Palat and Mercer both being comically snake bitten is also getting pretty aggravating, but it does speak to the depth that 2 key guys can start the season completely MIA and they’re still finding ways to put the puck in the net at a good rate. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I hope that guy told his family what a giant piece of sh!t their son is.

I'm only half joking - If Nico has a concussion I'll be furious

From the shoulder to the head on the first big hit then getting rattled again, now out with an “upper body injury” I’d say it’s safe to say he got a concussion. 

Devils face the Sabres at home on 11/25.

Hope someone pummels Clifton.  fvcker deserves it.

• Like 1