2/10/2024 GDT: Devils @ Canes, 7:00 pm EST, MSGSN

NJDevils1214

We’re wearing red on the road, Canes wearing white whalers unis.

i’m going to muster up some energy and try to watch, but I’m worried it could be considered exploitation of a mentally challenged person each time they show 3LR on TV…

LGD…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

We’re wearing red on the road, Canes wearing white whalers unis.

i’m going to muster up some energy and try to watch, but I’m worried it could be considered exploitation of a mentally challenged person each time they show 3LR on TV…

LGD…

I had the same thought, as I’ve been debating recording him with my phone during Tuesday’s game versus the Predators.  He never seems to do anything aside from swiveling his head from side to side depending on where the puck is.

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Make sure you’re sitting down for this but….it appears VV is starting tonight. Fitz is totally ok with punting the season and that’s infuriating.

Is Daws so bad that he can’t get an occasional start?  I don’t know that he’s currently that much better than Vanecek, but he’s young enough that he might improve with experience, whereas Vanecek is on the decline.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ButlerBulldog said:

Is Daws so bad that he can’t get an occasional start?  I don’t know that he’s currently that much better than Vanecek, but he’s young enough that he might improve with experience, whereas Vanecek is on the decline.

The excuse a week ago or so was that he hadn't either played or skated, I can't remember, in some amount of time. Idk what the excuse is now. Sounds like Amanda won't have any updated until game time basically.

13 minutes ago, devlman said:

Make sure you’re sitting down for this but….it appears VV is starting tonight. Fitz is totally ok with punting the season and that’s infuriating.

Obviously a showcase.

/s

Edited by smelly

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

The excuse a week ago or so was that he hadn't either played or skated, I can't remember, in some amount of time. Idk what the excuse is now. Sounds like Amanda won't have any updated until game time basically.

I suppose there is a silver lining to Vanecek being in goal, as we won’t have to wait long to see whatever hair-brained thing he does next.  Maybe for his next trick, he’ll try minding the net with a bucket on his head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ButlerBulldog said:

I suppose there is a silver lining to Vanecek being in goal, as we won’t have to wait long to see whatever hair-brained thing he does next.  Maybe for his next trick, he’ll try minding the net with a bucket on his head.

He's certainly put together a hell of a "highlight" reel this season. Lol. Never seen someone throw their stick so much, even if it's not intentional. Last game when he left the net was his version of fonzie jumping the shark

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

He's certainly put together a hell of a "highlight" reel this season. Lol. Never seen someone throw their stick so much, even if it's not intentional. Last game when he left the net was his version of fonzie jumping the shark

You’d think the coaching staff would ask him to stop doing that, but I’m not convinced their own ineptitude isn’t part of this, as all the Devils’ goalies seem to have bad habits that aren’t showing signs of resolving.

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Why are they going back to him? He’s been having good flashes but the defense needs to show up or we’re going to get lit right up. 

4 minutes ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

Why are they going back to him? He’s been having good flashes but the defense needs to show up or we’re going to get lit right up. 

I asked a similar question, and it’s apparently because the Devils are concerned—at least in part—with the amount of time that’s passed since Daws last played/skated.  I guess it hasn’t occurred to anyone on the coaching staff that continuing to sit Daws only increases this interval.

• Like 2

There has to be some accountability here.  The dude single handedly cost us two points on Thursday night.  He should be on a bus back to Utica (yes, he would clear waivers) instead of starting in Carolina.   

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

There has to be some accountability here.  The dude single handedly lost us two points on Thursday night.  He should be on a bus back to Utica (yes, he would clear waivers) instead of starting in Carolina.   

I’m still wondering what the hell he was thinking when he decided to take flight and run out of the crease after that puck late in the third. He then went on to get himself ran over and they put the puck in however, they apparently called the play dead still not sure why?

• Like 1