GDT - 2/25/2024 Lightning @ Devils, 1 pm, MSGSN/TNT - Lindy Overcomplicates Things

ButlerBulldog

Time to start digging into the draft. I know Jerome Iginla’s son is in this year’s class, and is a projected top half 1st rounder. If he plays anything like his dad I’d love to have him as a Devil. Jerome was such a great mix of skill and toughness. 

• Like 1

Just now, ButlerBulldog said:

Watching the replay of that last goal by Hagel and not at all surprised to see John Marino standing and watching.  He’s really been underwhelming this season. 

The whole team has been extraordinarily underwhelming.

2022-23 was the exception, not the rule. This team blows. FACT

Just now, Nicomo said:

Time to start digging into the draft. I know Jerome Iginla’s son is in this year’s class, and is a projected top half 1st rounder. If he plays anything like his dad I’d love to have him as a Devil. Jerome was such a great mix of skill and toughness. 

I couldn’t possibly care less about the draft. 

• Like 1

We’ve always said that results aside, this team always played hard and well enough under Lindy. You could never say they didn’t play for him. This is no longer true and hasn’t been true for a while now.

• Like 3

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

Have avoided commenting on this one because I didn't want to get myself riled up again but if this is the best effort they can muster in the most important game of the season...

Call it, it's over. Sellers.

Which team looks desperate to score right now? This was supposed to be the best period of the season. I cannot believe this is what we are seeing. When was the last time we had a shot?

• Like 1

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

Have avoided commenting on this one because I didn't want to get myself riled up again but if this is the best effort they can muster in the most important game of the season...

Call it, it's over. Sellers.

At least that should be clear now. No fantasy of a comback. I still dont think Fitz sells anything, but he really, really should.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I'd rather play in traffic then read about the draft. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

We’ve always said that results aside, this team always played hard and well enough under Lindy. You could never say they didn’t play for him. This is no longer true and hasn’t been true for a while now.

I don’t disagree. 

But it is also obvious that the team has been broken from a year of atrocious goaltending play that has just demoralized them time and time again on the many occasions they have deserved better. 

So, so many points pissed away night after night while Fitz let  unsafe conditions fester in the summer, and then fiddled when they became a full blown inferno.

He has no choice but to sacrifice painful assets this summer to correct this or the window never opens.

Edited by smelly
  • Like 1

I’m glad I don’t watch them play live anymore.  I do know that this franchise is worse off since 2003 than they were when they became a team back in ‘82. Took them 6 years to make the playoffs and won 3 cups in a 21 year span.  In the 21 years since their last cup they’ve had 1 really good season.  Same $hit, different year.