GDT: 03-01-2024 Devils @ Ducks 10:00 EST MSGSN

Rock

First two goals we gave up were trash. Team is it's own worst enemy.

The Ducks played like the team who's season was on the line.

We just look uninterested at times. Players look tired.

• Like 2

Goldberg in Mighty Ducks 2 made more saves than our goalies (and he stopped like 3 pucks total that entire movie).

Fitz has failed This organization so massively I’m beyond disappointed when it comes to him.

His inaction in goaltending is shameful.

His writing off last season as the truth data when it comes to Lost Loser Lindy.

Him allowing his prime players to be put in a line blender instead of playing to their strengths.

Fitz is a Shero Shill and is also a massive part of the problem.

Ef you Fitzy, F you Ruff, and F you Rogalski. Goalie whisperer my freaking ass.

Absolutely pathetic in a game they controlled their fate they pissed it away, AGAIN

• Like 3

Such an odd time for Jack to go with the drop pass. 

Overall just more of the same from this sh!t bag GM, coach and team. Lots to build off though last night so we were told,again. 

Wonder if they're going to wear a 50 shots patch on their sweaters against the Kings. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Goldberg in Mighty Ducks 2 made more saves than our goalies (and he stopped like 3 pucks total that entire movie).

Fitz has failed This organization so massively I’m beyond disappointed when it comes to him.

His inaction in goaltending is shameful.

His writing off last season as the truth data when it comes to Lost Loser Lindy.

Him allowing his prime players to be put in a line blender instead of playing to their strengths.

Fitz is a Shero Shill and is also a massive part of the problem.

Ef you Fitzy, F you Ruff, and F you Rogalski. Goalie whisperer my freaking ass.

Absolutely pathetic in a game they controlled their fate they pissed it away, AGAIN

Earlier in the season a loss like last night’s would have had me furious and pissed beyond belief.  Now I’m just numb to it all.

It’s all so fvcking Twilight Zone…I wish I had SOME level of insight as to why a GM that had seemed so dialed in when it came to making smart moves (often creative ones) and locking key players up to reasonable contracts has been so silent on all fronts.  Fans, media…everyone is equally baffled.

4 hours ago, titans04 said:

That article is almost a week old but it’s no less relevant.

There’s no way Lindy is surviving here long term, and what will make it so infuriating when he’s finally put out of his misery is that Fitz will hopefully be asked some form of the question “If you’re now convinced that Lindy is no longer the answer, how exactly is it that you were the last to know?!”…to which he’ll have no answer that can possibly make anyone feel better about the trainwreck of a season that 2023-24 is turning out to be.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Earlier in the season a loss like last night’s would have had me furious and pissed beyond belief.  Now I’m just numb to it all.

It’s all so fvcking Twilight Zone…I wish I had SOME level of insight as to why a GM that had seemed so dialed in when it came to making smart moves (often creative ones) and locking key players up to reasonable contracts has been so silent on all fronts.  Fans, media…everyone is equally baffled.

I don’t get it, but I think I finally am broken.

it was there for the taking and the choked, top bottom. Inferior opponent, backup goalie, 7 goal effort last game.

then boom, one goal short of my 5-3 loss prediction.

I’m also rapidly losing respect for Fitz, never mind losing confidence. His lack of personal accountability is showing me he also is not the leader for this team. I know he just signed his extension, but him hiding like a coward, making tiny trades in the hopes it will move the needle even remotely and STILL not talking to the media is insulting.

He’s gong to overpay for Markstrom and take on the full cap hit, I just know it. Holtz, a first and more will be going, and over the summer he’ll run the staff back, citing injuries and bad luck.

and all not answering for any of it.

Edited by jagknife

5 minutes ago, DevilMinder said:

Watch ruff sit markstrom "until he knows our system"

I’m wondering who gets a game firsts DeSimone or MacDermid

we claimed freaking DeSimone and HAD to send down Hatakka who looked like he fit right in, all because Smith.

i hate Lindy ruff and I’m starting to hate Fitz.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I don’t get it, but I think I finally am broken.

it was there for the taking and the choked, top bottom. Inferior opponent, backup goalie, 7 goal effort last game.

then boom, one goal short of my 5-3 loss prediction.

I’m also rapidly losing respect for Fitz, never mind losing confidence. His lack of personal accountability is showing me he also is not the leader for this team. I know he just signed his extension, but him hiding like a coward, making tiny trades in the hopes it will move the needle even remotely and STILL not talking to the media is insulting.

He’s gong to overpay for Markstrom and take on the full cap hit, I just know it. Holtz, a first and more will be going, and over the summer he’ll run the staff back, citing injuries and bad luck.

I don’t want to lose confidence in Fitz (especially since he’s going to be here a while) but he’s had an awful season.

I don’t think that you’re going to see some massive overpay for Markstrom, but if this deal actually happens, there’s going to be a LOT of “Why did you not make this move SOONER Fitz?!  Especially if he was a guy you had pegged as someone who can help when there was more time for your team to make a run?”

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I don’t want to lose confidence in Fitz (especially since he’s going to be here a while) but he’s had an awful season.

I don’t think that you’re going to see some massive overpay for Markstrom, but if this deal actually happens, there’s going to be a LOT of “Why did you not make this move SOONER Fitz?!  Especially if he was a guy you had pegged as someone who can help when there was more time for your team to make a run?”

I don’t trust he realizes it’s time to move on from Lindy, even in the offseason. He has graciously built in all of the excuses while doing nothing to address any of them. All the ingredients for a woe-is-me cake are right there, Fitz needs the season to end to let it start baking.

as for markstrom, he already blinked by saying he’ll take on the full cap hit. I have a sinking feeling he’s going to blink again.

Conroy bluffed with “we’re keeping him,” and Fitz raised.

I think I’d like to get into a poker game against Fitzy, I’d probably make a good amount of money…

I don't blame Fitz entirely for the goalie situation. He had reason to believe he could at least give it a shot and if he didn't pull the trigger I can on trust any deals on the table were too expensive. He took a reasonable(ymmv) gamble and it didn't pay off.

The coach on the other hand...

On another note, I understand the sentiment of wanting to hear from Fitz but at this point, why? All he gives are soundbytes and you can pretty much infer what he's gonna say at each question without even hearing it just based on what he has and hasn't done.

Fitz, the team:

We believed in our group. Injuries. Answer is in the room pt2 electric boogaloo.

Fitz, the coach:

Lindy Ruff is the guy. Was not set up to succeed this season; Injuries, goalies. Big history coach.

Fitz, the goalies:

I tried to make a move, I'll always make a move to make the team better if it makes sense, in this case it didn't.

Fitz, the arrests:

Ongoing legal this and that and no comment at this time.

Fitz, Wtf:

I take full responsibility and we should have been better but we weren't and that's on me.

There... I gave you everything he is probably going to say and I bet you don't feel any better lol. Wtf is the point?

People can harp on our goalies till the cows come home but they’re not the reason we frequently make other crap goalies look great. Or the reason our coaching sucks. Or the reason we continue to play down to awful teams.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 6

12 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't blame Fitz entirely for the goalie situation. He had reason to believe he could at least give it a shot and if he didn't pull the trigger I can on trust any deals on the table were too expensive. He took a reasonable(ymmv) gamble and it didn't pay off.

The coach on the other hand...

On another note, I understand the sentiment of wanting to hear from Fitz but at this point, why? All he gives are soundbytes and you can pretty much infer what he's gonna say at each question without even hearing it just based on what he has and hasn't done.

Fitz, the team:

We believed in our group. Injuries. Answer is in the room pt2 electric boogaloo.

Fitz, the coach:

Lindy Ruff is the guy. Was not set up to succeed this season; Injuries, goalies. Big history coach.

Fitz, the goalies:

I tried to make a move, I'll always make a move to make the team better if it makes sense, in this case it didn't.

Fitz, the arrests:

Ongoing legal this and that and no comment at this time.

Fitz, Wtf:

I take full responsibility and we should have been better but we weren't and that's on me.

There... I gave you everything he is probably going to say and I bet you don't feel any better lol. Wtf is the point?

To show up. Be the face of the organization like he’s supposed to be, Show that he’s willing to be seen in good times and bad. Give us those sound bytes so we have a clue what the hell he’s actually thinking.

Fitz only wants to be seen when things are good. When it’s going badly he’s gone.

horrendous optics from a leadership standpoint.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

People can harp on our goalies till the cows come home but they’re not the reason we frequently make other crap goalies look great. Or the reason our coaching sucks. Or the reason we continue to play down to awful teams.

The only person held accountable for being Swedish and a rookie is Holtz. And Colin Miller for being Not Brendan Smith.

Everyone else can do whatever the fvck they want, play as sh!tty as they want, and Lindy does Lindy things.

i’m so disappointed

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

To show up. Be the face of the organization like he’s supposed to be, Show that he’s willing to be seen in good times and bad. Give us those sound bytes so we have a clue what the hell he’s actually thinking.

Fitz only wants to be seen when things are good. When it’s going badly he’s gone.

horrendous optics from a leadership standpoint.

Yea, I don't give a sh!t about any of that. Actions would go a lot further with me than putting him in an uncomfortable situation where he has to sit in front of a camera and answer questions we already know the answers to, and that change nothing, about this disappointing, in the toilet, season. Does nothing for me.

Firing Ruff would do a lot more.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

Yea, I don't give a sh!t about any of that. Actions would go a lot further with me than putting him in an uncomfortable situation where he has to sit in front of a camera and answer questions we already know the answers to, and that change nothing, about this disappointing, in the toilet, season. Does nothing for me.

We’re both disappointed cause neither of our desired outcomes are going to happen.

Fitz hoping they’d play out of this piss poor effort failed. Inaction on any front failed. Therefore, he failed, miserably.

42 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Eh I'd just rather my GM not be a total coward after hamming it up on every single podcast last year when things were going well disappearing this year in addition to all the other issues we have anyway.  It's indicative of a top-down attitude of being afraid of accountability and answering tough questions.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jagknife said:

IMG_7467.gif

27 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Eh I'd just rather my GM not be a total coward after hamming it up on every single podcast last year when things were going well disappearing this year in addition to all the other issues we have anyway.  It's indicative of a top-down attitude of being afraid of accountability and answering tough questions.

I want one of these goofs like Jake Reynolds to justify a 9% price increase. One of the responses I got from the team was the Islanders and Flyers raised their prices. Like I give a fvck and two completely different markets. 

• Haha 1