GDT: 3/21/24 Jets @ Devils 7:00 pm MSGSN

ButlerBulldog

1 minute ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

All I'm gonna say, is I was hammered drunk during the last 2 games. If that's the contribution I need to make for my guys making playoffs... so be it

Your sacrifice is much appreciated 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It would be nice to see some of the folks who were really bashing Luke for a while there give him credit when it’s due. He’s been nothing short of fantastic the last few games. 

You win the thread. 

As I was one of those folks, I’ll happily acknowledge that Luke has regained his early-season form.  He looks much better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oglethorpe13 said:

All I'm gonna say, is I was hammered drunk during the last 2 games. If that's the contribution I need to make for my guys making playoffs... so be it

Thank you for your service!

• Like 1

"Jack, Luke had a career high 3 assists tonight."

"Yeah, good for him."  *everyone laughs*  Everybody loves Jack being sharp. He didn't hear a question mark there so he answered the same way as if his dad asked him that question. 

Love this team. 

Edited by RizzMB30
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Luke is now tied for 2nd in rookie scoring behind only Connor Bedard. 

If you break down rookie scoring by position, the Devils have two of the top four defensemen (Luke and Nemec), with Luke tied for the lead.

• Like 2

I wasn’t even thinking about playoffs.  I just watched the game and enjoying watching a team play like they could play.

No more hopes for a miracle, I just want to watch good hockey.

Finish strong!  Fitz, get a great coach and a good goalie during the offseason! 

Let’s go De❤️‍🩹ils!

Edited by Puckbuster
  • Like 5

if they keep playing like this and put together a strong run I think we can still break in with a little help else where. By Sunday evening if things were to go right for us we may only be two points out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

if they keep playing like this and put together a strong run I think we can still break in with A LOT OF help else where. By Sunday evening if things were to go right for us we may only be two points out. 

Fixed.

Being down 6 points with 12 games to go is a LOT...especially with other teams in the mix (don't forget that the Caps are three up on the Devils AND have two games in hand to boot), and constantly needing help.  

Put it this way:  if the Red Wings can go just 6-6-0 to finish out the season, the Devils have to go 9-2-1 to pull ahead.

Basically, to really have any kind of shot, Devils should really be shooting for 20 more points from here on out, absolute minimum...that means go at least 10-2-0 to close out the year...AND pray for help.    

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Fixed.

Being down 6 points with 12 games to go is a LOT...especially with other teams in the mix (don't forget that the Caps are three up on the Devils AND have two games in hand to boot), and constantly needing help.  

Put it this way:  if the Red Wings can go just 6-6-0 to finish out the season, the Devils have to go 9-2-1 to pull ahead.

Basically, to really have any kind of shot, Devils should really be shooting for 20 more points from here on out, absolute minimum...that means go at least 10-2-0 to close out the year...AND pray for help.    

You mentioned the three games with Toronto.  The Devils need to win at least two of those as part of those 9-10 wins overall.  I don’t think they can win all of them, but they definitely need to steal a win on the road and protect home ice.

14 hours ago, ButlerBulldog said:

As I was one of those folks, I’ll happily acknowledge that Luke has regained his early-season form.  He looks much better.

That is Luke's third highest GameScore of the season. Additionally, 3 of his best 9 games (as measured by GameScore) have come within the past week (@ DAL, vs PIT, vs WPG). His play has picked up in a big way of late. Love to see it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Fixed.

Not to mention that this team hasn't won 4 straight all season and hasn't won 3 straight since late December. 

I know Allen is playing well but I just don't see this team going anywhere close to even 8-4 let alone 10-2.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, 2ELIAS6 said:

if they keep playing like this and put together a strong run I think we can still break in with a little help else where. By Sunday evening if things were to go right for us we may only be two points out. 

Currently, according to moneypuck, they have a 14.5% chance of making the playoffs.  That’s up from 9%, so they are heading the right direction.

Like I said in an earlier post, I have no hope.  Win or lose, I just want to see good hockey the rest of the way.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, devlman said:

Who knew all it took was an average goalie and lines that made sense for this team to look dangerous….thanks a lot for wasting the season, Fitzy.

He obviously couldn't have fixed the goalie issue in-season since no other goalies got moved and Allen didn't waive his NTC earlier on, but the coaching thing was definitely fixable.  He didn't even do much now, he went from the second-worst option to the worst option though maybe the new coach bump is belatedly kicking in now.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Big win against a really good team. 

Like others have said it's amazing what a less than sieve in goal makes such a big difference.  Anyway like the past handful of years looking forward to what next season brings but it's likely to be a very long off season.  Thanks Fitz/Ruff.

Congrats to Luke for picking it up, hopefully he can finish strong and learn some sh!t over the off-season about the other side of the puck, odds are he will/should.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

He obviously couldn't have fixed the goalie issue in-season since no other goalies got moved and Allen didn't waive his NTC earlier on, but the coaching thing was definitely fixable.  He didn't even do much now, he went from the second-worst option to the worst option though maybe the new coach bump is belatedly kicking in now.

He technically could’ve for Markstrom, but didn’t want to pay the price. Additionally, any goalie would’ve been an upgrade over what we had. Kahkonnen or Gibson could’ve been had. But yeah even if you give him a pass for goalies, he still failed with the coaching change.