Stardew Chronicles

Zamode

Moderators, I know this should be in off-topic but I just wanted to post it here first for anyone who does not wander to the other topics who might want to know how she is doing. Thanks...

Her surgery was Monday and overall was well but the dr. thinks her hip took better than her knee. Good old son-of-a-bitchin' HMO will have her kicked out of the hospital possibly tomorrow and her rehab stint may be shorter than expected, which pisses us all off. I will post here with updates on how she is. I talked to her yesterday before the game but she was out of it and in pain. I will be trying to call her later on. Please keep her in your prayers and thoughts, she has a way to go for recovery. Anyone wanting to send her well-wishes, please jot a short note here and when I visit her I will be bringing her the post game emails and can print out some well wishes for her which I am sure she would appreciate.

Watch, O Lord, with those who wake, or watch, or weep tonight, and give your angels charge over those who sleep.

Tend your sick ones, O Lord Christ.

Rest your weary ones.

Bless your dying ones.

Soothe your suffering ones.

Pity your afflicted ones.

Shield your joyous ones.

And for all your love's sake. Amen.

Saint Augustine

I'll pin the topic for a little while, this is definitely an important thread in the world of NJDevs.com.

Z, tell Dew that we ALL have her in our thoughts and prayers, and we wish her a speedy recovery.

I know she'll get through; from the conversations I've had with her, she is a strong individual who can overcome anything.

Best wishes Dew! We're all pulling for ya!

Let's hope for some Devils wins, and let's hope for some goals from Dew's main man, Mr. Timex himself! :)

-RD

Hopefully she'll have a quick and speedy recovery. My thoughts go out to her. Hopefully everything starts working normally.

(PS I am now able to take stairs like a an adult and not a toddler!!)

Dew if you see this, do as much of the exercises as the pain permits. There are days when I don't wanty to do the home exercises, but I force myself do them, and feel better afterward that I DID do them.

Thanks for all your well wishes, folks. SBT that prayer is really nice, thank you. Rock glad to hear you are on the mend as well. Thanks for the pin, RD (on the subject, not my spectacled jersey! By the way, pin selection really sucks this year.)

She doesn't want to talk much because she basically has not slept much in 4 days and the staff is not overly helpful at this time :angry: but her dr. said she will be in as long as it takes for her to get better, not to worry about evil HMO's (yeah, right). She needs to be able to allow pressure on her injured shoulder, which was hurting first and more than her knee, to support crutches. She will be there at least through the weekend now. I hope to get down to see her soon but I will call everyday. She sounded alot better than yesterday but is in alot of pain.

Last night she told me she finally slept Wednesday night but she cannot even roll over to one side and she is in alot of pain. She said her dr. told her she would be in the hospital through the weekend and today I called and someone who answered the phone (a nurse I presume) said she was gone! I did not get any mail from her contact so I am concerned. Assuming she went right to rehab but she was not supposed to until she was able to use a walker (not a crutch, she cannot use that because of her shoulder). :(

Wow, I'm a horrible person -- haven't responded to this thread yet.

Like it's been already said, getting worked up over hockey and academics pales in comparison to situations like this.

Zam, if you could let Dew know that we're all thinking about her and that her presence is missed, it would be greatly appreciated. Here's hoping to a speedy recovery and returned good health. (oh yeah, and let her know that the reason I was so long in responding to this post is that I was busy with finals at college -- but hey, it looks like I pulled off another 4.0! So mayhaps she'll excuse my belatedness :( )