Hockey analyst Pierre McGuire a finalist for Wild general manager job

adavid

Personally I have found myself agree'ing with his opinions more often than not ... except the no fighting stance, but i would still give him the nod over most others. He was the one dumb struck that parise wasnt taking in the top 10 that year much less taken as far back as we got him, so he's got good taste in draft picks.

To be fair, almost everyone was dumbstruck why Parise fell so far. I think the fact he was passed on scared other teams in thinking "what don't we know"... Benefited the Devils greatly of course.

Then again... this Islander fan argues Nilsson would be on par with Parise... I'll cut him slack cause it looks like it was written after their first pro seasons. But its just nice to read a well thought out article, but be completely wrong in hind sight :)http://www.islesinfo.com/draftdebate2003.html

Edited by aylbert

I can understand why anyone doesn't like Pierre. He is cocky, arrogant, doesn't shut up and believes he is never wrong. He is one hell of a self-promoter. But with that being said, it is hard to think of anyone who watches more hockey and knows the personnel around the league better than him. He probably broadcasts more games than anyone, and he also covers all of the World Junior Championships. He is also around more hockey people and has more contacts in the game than anyone. The inside information he has is second to none.

Now I'd be interested in seeing him back working in the league. If he does well, good for him and the fans in Minnesota who deserve a winner. If he sucks, well it be nice to see his massive ego take a giant hit. Maybe he'll shut up more.

Edited by devilsrule33

Agreeing with the others, he went from being a good analyst to a blow hard egotist. He was much better before American TV got to him. Now it seems he's watching the Brent Musbergers of the world--or something.