GDT: Devils @ Flyers (1PM EST)

Marshall

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

johnny mac with a stupid freaking grin at the camera after the ENG

i honestly felt like he was looking at us fans thinking, "i got a golden spoon up my ass, i aint going anywhere, deal with it, a$$holes"

You've got to think by now that anything short of a team mutiny or a kidnapping who the examples are being made of.

The players. This looks like a collective group punishment by letting them go out and do everything possible that brings about change and nothing they do brings it.

We're just going to have to wait this out as there really is no other option right now. There is just to much junk on this roster. It will either have to be traded (seems impossible) or contracts will just have to expire. What else can be done? Maybe things will improve slightly as they get healthier but the fat needs to be trimmed one way or another for any real progress to occur.

A new coach is not going to salvage this so it's probably better just to let Mac ride this out. Who knows, maybe he learns along the way and gets better at his craft? He is just a rookie after all. I really don't think he has much control over this situation but I just don't see any benefit of bringing in another retread. Our goose is cooked.

Edited by Sickman

lol, yeah, it's the coach's fault when our great defenders can't defend a simple outside move without it turning into a debacle. and Mac has nothing to do with defensive coaching. you know who does, though. so basically, they've found players so crappy that Larry Robinson can't fix them.

if they defend that simple move, it's a tied game going to OT.

and if some of you idiots got your way and we got some regressive coach (look at who's out on the market), who got a team full of rookies and greenhorns and ruined them all.... :lol:

just embrace the suck and pray it stays isolated to one season. make a coaching change in the summer when there are better, more attractive candidates out there than Mike Keenan, Ken Hitchcock and Therrien.

lol, yeah, it's the coach's fault when our great defenders can't defend a simple outside move without it turning into a debacle. and Mac has nothing to do with defensive coaching. you know who does, though. so basically, they've found players so crappy that Larry Robinson can't fix them.

if they defend that simple move, it's a tied game going to OT.

and if some of you idiots got your way and we got some regressive coach (look at who's out on the market), who got a team full of rookies and greenhorns and ruined them all.... :lol:

just embrace the suck and pray it stays isolated to one season. make a coaching change in the summer when there are better, more attractive candidates out there than Mike Keenan, Ken Hitchcock and Therrien.

Lmao, how much fail was there on the Flyers 4th goal? You know Mac and Robinson are not instructing these idiots to make decisions like that.

Haha, I'm laughing as I'm replaying that whole play in my mind. I mean that was just sad.

Just like nothing happened after game 20 and all the "evaluations" that supposedly were taking place.

They aren't making the playoffs so why continue to stay put? They certainly aren't beating Crosby next game and they won't beat Detroit. So that's at least 2 losses in the next 3 games.

The Islander game should have been the final nail in this collective groups coffin.

I agree. The Islander game was the disgrace to end all disgraces.

Lmao, how much fail was there on the Flyers 4th goal? You know Mac and Robinson are not instructing these idiots to make decisions like that.

Haha, I'm laughing as I'm replaying that whole play in my mind. I mean that was just sad.

I can't wait until someone doesn't go around Tallinder's stick on that move and just goes through it, and knocks it into the 4th row. such a lame way to defend it, you're basically just saying "here's my stick, go around it, and you're on your way!"

I will watch the Devils just as long as I eat and breathe. That's not a problem. But, LL and JVB will have some major issues with revenues if the team continues to tank the way they are. Maybe that will motivate them to change something.

We don't even look competitive out there, and that's my biggest beef. We stink.

We look like a bunch of passengers waiting to get on the hotel shuttle bus after 23 hours of travel through four continents and four airports (after sitting in coach for 15 hours, in a middle seat, on the last leg). We look mentally and physically exhausted.

Dejection. That's our MO. Dejection.

I can't wait until someone doesn't go around Tallinder's stick on that move and just goes through it, and knocks it into the 4th row. such a lame way to defend it, you're basically just saying "here's my stick, go around it, and you're on your way!"

Lmao, but it's even better when you have Greene on the other side of the play and he is just standing there with his thumb in his ass staring into space. Maybe he was just dumbfounded by how bad Tallinder played that. They were just so so bad at that moment, I'll honestly never forget that play for the rest of my life. Those two together just might be the worst d-pairing in the history of hockey.

Edited by Sickman

Lmao, but it's even better when you have Greene on the other side of the play and he is just standing there with his thumb in his ass staring into space. Maybe he was just dumbfounded by how bad Tallinder played that. They were just so so bad at that moment, I'll honestly never forget that play for the rest of my life. Those two together just might be the worst d-pairing in the history of hockey.

words cannot describe how horrendous of a game greene had today.

I'm used to tallinder not quite fitting in [putting it very kindly], but greene was beyond atrocious today.

So you mean to tell me that you want 2 D to fall in on one player with the puck....thus leaving another offender open?

I didnt see Andy do anything wrong in that play. He was covering his man.

Carter had the step on Tallinder, the best he could do was put the stick in there without tripping or hooking or taking a penalty at all for that matter.

Edited by Quinn01

So you mean to tell me that you want 2 D to fall in on one player with the puck....thus leaving another offender open?

I didnt see Andy do anything wrong in that play. He was covering his man.

Carter had the step on Tallinder, the best he could do was put the stick in there without tripping or hooking or taking a penalty at all for that matter.

Look, I make no attempt to hide my feelings about Greene. I think he is trash. You on the other hand feel differently because this is the 3rd time you have felt the need to defend him by quoting something negative I said about him recently.

There is no defense of this guy. He stinks. Greene was an abortion in this game. Covering his man? Are you serious? He stood there and let the Flyer go right around him to cash in a freebie. Take a penalty, I don't care. DO SOMETHING!!!! Tie up the guys stick.

It's one thing to be critical but holy sh!t, there is just no defense for Tallinder or Greene on that fourth goal. That was just awful defense no matter which way you slice it. They could have been just as effective sitting on the damn bench.

You know when I'll be ok with Greene? When he is either on a different team or if he is playing on the Devils in a much lesser role. 3rd pairing limited minutes is fine. This guy is in no way shape or form a top 4 defenseman. He's just not.

Edited by Sickman