An apology

MantaRay

The whole Lemaire/Kovalchuk connection is the main point of contention with me.

For ME Kovalchuk has failed because the team threw out Lemaire -- and the team is at fault because they throw out everyone - or make other pastures look a hell of a lot greener for coaches. I gather Manta, you think Kovalchuk's "special treatment" from Lemaire begat this entire downward spiral. I think the team was well on it already and Lou's plans had to go to hell. Kovalchuk was forced into the back seat because of the teams refusal to see the whole picture. It's a very myopic team on every level.

Imagine if the team flipped about Stevens special treatment from Lemaire. Maybe Stevens was able to blend more because he already had a good understanding of the overall flow of a real game of hockey. You have to put yourself into Kovalchuk's shoes. He;s always been asked to step out of line. So he can't see the WHOLE picture. Never saw how to fit into a whole picture. that's what I saw coming when you all were bitching about Parise feeling like he was sucking hind teet. COME ON!!! Anyone who knows hockey should know what kind of commitment the organization had to put in to get Kovalchuk up to speed. It boggles MY mind how few people understand that. Holik knew and he takes your attitude Manta - THAT is what irks me. For ME -- and I'm so sorry I knwo it' snot true -- but it's the same kind of negative thinking that takes a guy to the Rangers rather than really see the choice that is true to hockey. The true hockey direction. I do not think I know true hockey at all BTW -- it's just the only way to articulate that it's not a Devils thing. It's what the real game of hockey demands. I hope that makes sense.

So it's pointless to blame the guy who the organization had to throw under the bus to get the rest of the team to understand exactly where they HONESTLY are knowledge-wise. When left to use their brilliant hockey sense cultivated in the Devils system -- what did they think they were going to do? The point made is that they do not in fact understand the sytem. They've gone off on the computer, the video game, fantasy teams, NHL tonight- listened to moronic talking heads blab about some new NHL _ I dont know where all btu not within Lou's organization - they just had zero concept what Devils hockey was... and what was their answer - Like Madden??? Try to teach the COACH the system. MORON :argh: Then these pantiwaste coaches CAVE like Sutter -- try to compromise and let the team run things a little bit while trying to reign them in when possible... it's just an IMPOSSIBLE team to communicate with because they know it all --- and have ALL THE RIGHT WORDS... :argh: every catch phrase can be turned against the coach who sees it all and these dudes (coaches) are IN TEARS...TEARS and STILL the guys don t get it. Don't get how little they know.

I agree... Kovalchuk mentioned in interviews that Lemaire was the greatest coach he head ever played for. Replacing Lemaire this season with a rookie coach was a recipe for disaster. Of coarse we all know Lou changes coaches more often than he changes his underwear.. however now it looks like he's going to wear a dirty diaper all season long :(

Edited by ice dog

I agree... Kovalchuk mentioned in interviews that Lemaire was the greatest coach he head ever played for. Replacing Lemaire this season with a rookie coach was a recipe for disaster. Of coarse we all know Lou changes coaches more often than he changes his underwear.. however now it looks like he's going to wear a dirty diaper all season long :(

That's pretty coarse of course.

As you all know by now, I have been against the Kovalchuk acquisition from its initial rumor. I had feared that such a move was just a very bad hockey move for the franchise. Whether I am right or wrong, I have no right to (as Rowdy, Carp, Jerry, Dano, Pepper, and several other people I respect have mentioned) "beat people over the head with it"

Most of my commentary is based purely out of the frustration of watching something I hold dearly become unrecognizable and feeling that the damage was self-inflicted. I meant no disrespect to this family of posters in venting my frustrations.

I apologize for beating this to death and making it all doom and gloom.

I shall try and refrain from this tact in the future.

Manta

Not everybody wanted the guy and as a result it's hard not to say I told you so based on how poorly he's played. He wasn't a good fit last year and in the end there were other glaring weaknesses that didn't get filled as a result of his signing mixed in with a bunch of other terrible contracts that were already in place.

Dude, no need to apologize. You've taken more than you've dished out, and I still like reading your posts, doom and gloom or not.

o stop.. what is this?? dont apologize for stating what you believe.. if anyone had a problem with it they can f off. hold the drama lol its not like anyone held your posts against you.. you're a fan like the rest of us- we obviously want whats best for the team so we're gonna say what we think will help

You are not stopping people from expressing their opinion by expressing yours. :noclue:

He's not apologizing for having an opinion. Read his post again, he was 100% right in everything he wrote there.

I think (as DIG said) at times most of us do go overboard either pro or anti-certain players, but when you go overboard anti-someone most of the board's pro, you're not going to win a lot of friends. Especially when you turn every single thread into a referendum, inventing names like a Kovy-nut and all that other stuff.

I applaud him for recognizing he's gone overboard at times, not many other people here will do that. And the way it's going most of us are going to have to admit we were wrong about Kovy down the line :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

He's not apologizing for having an opinion. Read his post again, he was 100% right in everything he wrote there.

I think (as DIG said) at times most of us do go overboard either pro or anti-certain players, but when you go overboard anti-someone most of the board's pro, you're not going to win a lot of friends. Especially when you turn every single thread into a referendum, inventing names like a Kovy-nut and all that other stuff.

I applaud him for recognizing he's gone overboard at times, not many other people here will do that. And the way it's going most of us are going to have to admit we were wrong about Kovy down the line :P

This. Well said.

And massive repect to manta for recognizing he might have gone overboard here or there. Lord knows we all have now and again.