2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

For all you fans of the soccer team that plays a mile from the Rock and calls themselves New York:
New York Red Bulls‏ Verified account
@NewYorkRedBulls

"Good luck, @NYRangers! Bring a Stanley Cup home to New York!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

For all you fans of the soccer team that plays a mile from the Rock and calls themselves New York:
@NewYorkRedBulls

Such a joke.  Wish NJ representatives had the spines to call the Giants/Jets/Red Bulls out on their bullsh!t.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

@NewYorkRedBulls

I don't really root for any NJ/NY team so it doesn't bother me all that much.  And so long as they do the same thing for the Devils when they're back in the playoffs, or take a neutral stance if the two teams play each other, it's fine.

The funny thing is that the team you most associate with New York -- the Yankees -- have tended to be partial to the Devils, all things considered.  Goes to Lou's friendship with Steinbrenner, and the fact that Cashman is a Devils fan.  

The lamer thing is Bon Jovi doing a Rangers chant at one of his concerts.  You're a Jersey guy, and that's what you built your persona on.  The Devils played your song after winning the Cup.  You're not fooling anyone. 

3 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

@NewYorkRedBulls

Ugh. fvcking embarrassing.

First, something the NHL did this year, I'm thankful for. Not blacking out the national feeds, so we don't have to listen to sam/joe. 

Second, thanks Habs for not being total home chokers. 

Third, FVCK the red bulls and bon jovi. 

• Like 2

When I saw that the rags came back to take the lead 3 - 2 I honestly wrote of the habs as being done. Good to see they tied it up in the dying seconds and won in ot. Maybe this gives them some confidence and kills any momentum the rags had. Rags didn't have that great of a home record this season so hopefully the habs can do some damage at msg.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

WOW. If the league were smart they'd give him a heft suspension.  Thats 20+ game worthy.

Calvert has to be done for the series.  Has to be.  The league has to make it clear stuff like that isn't acceptable.

Also worth mentioning IMO is that Zack Kassian has been running around all series so far jumping into people.  Since when is leaving the ice to level people legal?

https://streamable.com/ujbue

https://streamable.com/muyyb

By my eye he jumped into both of those hits.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

Calvert has to be done for the series.  Has to be.  The league has to make it clear stuff like that isn't acceptable.
Also worth mentioning IMO is that Zack Kassian has been running around all series so far jumping into people.  Since when is leaving the ice to level people legal?
https://streamable.com/ujbue
https://streamable.com/muyyb
By my eye he jumped into both of those hits.

Yeah Kassian left his feet on both of those- he should get a call too.

The Calvert thing was hysterical, first the cross beck breaking the stick, then an elbow to the head. 

The Kassian hits are illegal too, but I hate that rule. If it's a clean hit, no head contact, etc., then I don't think leaving your feet should be illegal. But it is. 

I so badly want the Caps to absolutely destroy the Leafs.   I'm so sick of listening to how they're going to dominate the world soon.  

Hopefully Nashville can go up 2-0 but they can't sit back for 2 periods if they get the lead and expect to win again.  I watch a lot of their games and I'm still waiting for Norris winner Pk Subban to be a difference maker.  He's been good but for all the hype, he was the 3rd best D man on the team, at best, this year.  It really goes to show you just how much difference playing in some of the mega markets makes for winning awards.       

Edited by Lateralous