Langs

MadDog2020

I still own my Team USA #15 Langs 'C' t-shirt.

Used to love the guy... understand it was his time. Wish I could be there to cheer him.

I feel like I should add that... the calls by Doc & Chico on this clip are epic...

"SCOOOOOOOOOOORE LANGENBRUNNER!!"

"HE'S DONE IT!! JAMIE LANGENBRUNNER!!"

Edited by DevilsFanSteve30

I hope with all my heart that Devils fan surprise me and give him the welcome he deserves. Maybe someone will make some posters or something and the section of Devils fans will get loud for him. God knows he wont be immune to the stupid "sucks" thing people do when they announce the starting lineup. I honestly don't get it when the player is an allstar either. :doh1:

I still own my Team USA #15 Langs 'C' t-shirt.

Used to love the guy... understand it was his time. Wish I could be there to cheer him.

I feel like I should add that... the calls by Doc & Chico on this clip are epic...

"SCOOOOOOOOOOORE LANGENBRUNNER!!"

"HE'S DONE IT!! JAMIE LANGENBRUNNER!!"

What's kind of scary is the number of players in that clip that are no longer here (check out the end-of-game celebration)...not saying it's a bad thing...just shows how quickly things change. 2009 doesn't seem that long ago, but in NHL time, it was.

He was great for us for a few years but that doesn't forgive the fact that he was the biggest quitter Captain we have ever had (Lever and Bridgman excluded as I was too young back then to give proper analysis). Yes it was probably mostly due to personal reasons outside of hockey but I still disrespect him all the same. I was at the elimination game against the Flyers and he was getting booed pretty bad then so I'm hoping for more of the same tonight. Quitters don't wear the Devils C!

Hey DIG. I agree with most of your 2nd part. This what I wrote when the Devils bought out White:

I am not blaming it all on Lemaire. I think Lemaire and Langs are both at fault, and didn't handle the situation well at all. And the situations you brought up aren;t relevant here. The Wild rotated captains on a very young team. Niedermayer became captain when Stevens looked to be done for the season. No one was hurt then, and there certainly wasn't any Scott Niedermayer on the team. Lemaire never scratched Scott Stevens either to give his captaincy away.

The Nieds part is incorrect. He became captain the moment Stevens left the lineup (Stevens' last game was 1/7/04, Burnsie gave Nieds the C for the next game on 1/9/04). And at the time, no one thought Stevens was done. The gamer from that 1/9 loss to Tampa says Stevens was out with the flu.

And I can't seem to find any verification of it (stupid interwebs seems to have a finite backlog of NHL gamers), but I swear I remember Lemaire giving the C to guys like McKay for a night here and there whenever Stevens sat out. Again, I can't find anything to back it up, but those Stevens scratches may or may not have included "rest" nights like the one Lemaire tried giving Langenbrunner. If anyone has better memory than me or links to point one way or the other on that, I'd be happy to hear from you.

I like Lemaire a lot, but if you want the players to respect you, you don't treat the ultimate team guy in Jay Pandolfo like he did. Simple as that. You lose all respect when you do that.

The 2010 and 2011 seasons are so completely different that there is no point in comparing them. Love Jamie. Love Lemaire. Both have made mistakes, but both have done so much for the organization, that I'd never put a ton of blame on either, and I'd give them both huge ovations.

The players don't have to like what the coach is doing. They just have to do it. That's what a coach-player relationship is. Coaches become famous when players execute unpopular orders and it works. Coaches get fired when it doesn't work. But when players don't even let it get to that point because they're too busy bitching and moaning to execute, the onus is no longer on the coach. It's on the players.

Bottom line: If Jacques friggin Lemaire says "Jump!", the only acceptable response is "How high, sir?"

But, anyway, bygones are bygones. Langenbrunner didn't have the greatest end to his run as a Devil, but there were a ton of bright spots before it got to that point. I have way more good memories than bad with him. I absolutely agree with you that there is no way he should be booed.

Please, both Marty and Zach are saying they hope the fans cheer for him. Do not boo him.

Please, both Marty and Zach are saying they hope the fans cheer for him. Do not boo him.

per Ledger

Zach Parise said this morning he did not see Jamie Langenbrunner when he got into NJ. Langenbrunner confirmed they had dinner together.

mmmmm ?

Guaranteed Parise hanging out with Jamie is not going to increase the chance that he stays with us. Jamie probably cried about how he was treated here and how happy he was to finally get out of here.