Devils Waive Olesz

thefiestygoat

Lou says this is for "roster flexibility"

Lamoriello said he wanted “roster flexibility for different situations.”

“The reason is very simplistic: to give me flexibility to bring in any type of player I want,” he said. “That doesn’t mean he’s definitely going to go down. We’ll just see what happens on the waivers.”

(If Olesz clears waivers, he could play in up to 10 games or remain on the roster up to 30 days and still be sent down without being put through waivers again. After 10 games played or 30 days on the roster, he would have to clear waivers again to be sent down.)

Olesz, 28, has no goals and two assists in 10 games with the Devils this season.
He signed a one-year contract with the Devils as an unrestricted free agent on July 5. That deal includes a $700,000 base salary and he can earn up to $300,000 more in games-played bonuses: $100,000 if he plays in 60 games and an additional $100,000 at the 70- and 80-game marks.

Lamoriello was careful to say that the decision to place Olesz on waivers was not an indication he was being singled out for playing poorly.

“He’s done everything asked of him,” Lamoriello said. “He works, he does everything, so we can’t be critical of him. At this time when you’ve got injuries, different people have to step their game up and it’s not only him. There are other people that haven’t.”

i dont even know why we picked him up in the first place

agreed, I was thinking the same, that being said, Olesz is the least of our problems, Zajak turning into a checking center is really scarey, after losing Zach & Kovy we needed Zajak more then ever, instead we got John Madden w/ less Offensse!

Has anyone tracked the CBGB line's shifts, are they being used against top lines or has that only happened on a few occasions? are they getting tough matchups to free up our "supposedly, scoring lines" or are they just su(king against other bad lines?  and I know that they all play multiple roles now. so is it time to break them up?

Sad that 2 first round picks never turned in to anything. (Josefson/Teddy) Someone (another team) has to have some "desire" or see value in them to trade for them. What does JJ do well? Teddy is speedy but, speed s worthless if you get knocked off the puck when someone blows on you. Moving a player means someone actually see's a value. The fact they are both former 1st rounders might help? But, this isn't looking good at all

Has anyone tracked the CBGB line's shifts, are they being used against top lines or has that only happened on a few occasions? are they getting tough matchups to free up our "supposedly, scoring lines" or are they just su(king against other bad lines? and I know that they all play multiple roles now. so is it time to break them up?

this is probably a question for triumph or feisty, I have no idea where to find this info, but it looks to me like Pete has been using them against top lines early in games in hopes to try to open up favorable matchups for guys like jagr, Ryder, Elias, and Brunner.

this is probably a question for triumph or feisty, I have no idea where to find this info, but it looks to me like Pete has been using them against top lines early in games in hopes to try to open up favorable matchups for guys like jagr, Ryder, Elias, and Brunner.

thats what my perception is, but the reality could be different. their Quality of competition numbers stink too

I really liked what I saw from Olesz in the pre-season, but it just didn't materialize in the regular season....yet.

And I did notice that the CBGB line has played in just about all situations, against top lines and some lesser lines as well. 

I specifically remember one of the Sedins getting a tripping penalty against Gio. 

I did a (very quick and not very scientific) check on extraskater.com and no, they're almost always in the lower third in terms of icetime vs top lines. Granted they don't get a ton of icetime compared to the other lines. But I've also noted that they start a lot of games.

Who else are they going to send down?  Josefson would be claimed.  Loktionov might not be but he seems to be playing well enough to avoid the waiver wire.

I think you know who I'm talking about.   lol.   Not now obviously since they're down to one forward scratch, but whenever it is Clowe comes back.