233 replies to this topic

#81 Coorslight

Coorslight

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:14 AM

I wish I could put just a small itty bitty b!tch slap on all you Clarkson haters. You know, something kind of meaningful but not that agressive that you'd attack me back?! Thing is, Clarkson is the only person on this team that will bring ANY element of agitation since CamJan. This team needs that spark plug, think Claude Lemieux, to succeed. For that fact, almost any team in the NHL needs it.

I'm a huge Clarkson fan so yes I am biased, but I love his wrap around attempts, his toe drags, and his inability to stay on his skates. That said he has much more worth on this team then some are giving him credit for. He WILL be a Devil for life as he should be, he will annoy the sh!t out of the opposition, as he should, he will fight whoever he deems fit to fight. As to those who have said he only fights those that are smaller then him...I don't see that as true, Check out hockeyfights.com once in awhile...

Edited by Coorslight, 06 October 2010 - 04:15 AM.

1dun.jpg

#82 Jas0nMacIsaac

Jas0nMacIsaac

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,360 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 05:18 AM

I don't know how much David Clarkson you've seen but the only reason he's in the NHL is because he's a smart player with great character.

You have got to be kidding me, he has some of the worst hockey sense I have seen out of a winger. To be effective, all Clarkson needs to do is move the puck early and go to the net. There are a lot of similar players in the NHL that will do that. He refuses to do that because he thinks he is an offensive dynamo.
A true leader is one who knows when to step aside for others to lead.

#83 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:27 AM

I overall like Clarkson, but I do not think he is anything more than a 3rd line player. He does not posses the X-factor that every cup-winning teams need and while I do think he should stick around, if he gets waived or traded I would not be all that upset.

#84 titans04

titans04

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:45 AM

Overpaid sentimental favorite we could do without.

#85 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 09:01 AM

You have got to be kidding me, he has some of the worst hockey sense I have seen out of a winger. To be effective, all Clarkson needs to do is move the puck early and go to the net. There are a lot of similar players in the NHL that will do that. He refuses to do that because he thinks he is an offensive dynamo.

He does not even think that! He's just trying to keep 'em off balance.

One day it'll all click and he'll have a massively banner season! THEN he'll think he's an offensive dynamo and everything will go out the window and he'll get a bad attitude and find himself on waivers... I see this coming in the next three years. but it's well worth it. There's a heck of a lot to be said for a certain amount of sentimentality.

I'm here for the party

#86 Neb00rs

Neb00rs

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 03:44 PM

What does what I said have to do with hockey sense? Is intelligence on the ice is what compensates for his lack of "hockey sense"

gallery_47_36_882.png of No One
Proud to be King of the Kovalnuts (Est. June 2010 by MantaRay)

#87 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:08 PM

What does what I said have to do with hockey sense? Is intelligence on the ice is what compensates for his lack of "hockey sense"

:unsure: Does anyone know what the heck this means?

What does hockey sense have to do with being a smart player? :unsure: umm... kind of .... everything, yeah?

This board has me so confused these days... it's like you're all me.... is it a ploy? Are you all in on it?

Edited by Pepperkorn, 06 October 2010 - 04:08 PM.

I'm here for the party

#88 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 04:10 PM

I wish I could put just a small itty bitty b!tch slap on all you Clarkson haters.

:wub: me too!

EDIT: WAIT! I mean

+1

or

This

or

Gets it

:evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn, 06 October 2010 - 04:11 PM.

I'm here for the party

#89 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

.....The most USELESS hockey player ever

nuff said

believe-zubrus.jpg

#90 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:10 PM

Glad this thread got bumped.

What a poor hockey player Clarkson is. Just no talent whatsoever and guy just routinely dumps puck in and expects everyone else to do the work to get him an easy puck in front of the net. Guy can't even skate or shoot and we are paying him 2.7 million a year for another two seasons after this one.

Thank god MacLean got fired. The mutual admiration society between him and Clarkson was sickening.

Hopefully we can find one stupid GM to take him.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#91 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:59 PM

Its funny how i got destroyed for bringing up this subject during the preseason, i just cant take this guy anymore

believe-zubrus.jpg

#92 mmajeski06

mmajeski06

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:32 PM

Overpaid sentimental favorite we could do without.

This.

You can't hate the guy, since he has shown he likes being a Devil. But at the same time, he seems pretty hopeless out there.
Posted Image Posted Image

#93 coldply123

coldply123

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 11:59 PM

This.

You can't hate the guy, since he has shown he likes being a Devil. But at the same time, he seems pretty hopeless out there.

Of course he likes being a Devil. We are the only organization stupid enough to pay him his ridiculous contract. And when you get a significant dollar figure and cap hit assigned to you as a player, all the little smiles and right comments to the media don't mean jack when you cannot hack it at the NHL level. Clarkson is an AHL level player, pure and simple.

Nobody hates the guy from a personal perspective. He's likable.

I'm sorry but between the Rolston deal, the Clarkson giveaway contract, and a host of other things, Lou has got to go. I cannot accept him being GM anymore (and it pains me to say that). I've tried wrapping my head around giving him a shot to get out of this, but his tenure since the lockout has been abysmal. People knock Sather, but Lou is right up there with him, if not slightly ahead. His player and coach evaluations have gone to crap, his valuations have been atrocious from a cap perspective. Lou is toast. My George Young analogy stands.
Bill Simmons: "The Bruins are like Fredo -- they're dead to me as long as the owner is alive."

"I'm Going With The Devils over Anaheim"-Barry Melrose

#94 Jerrydevil

Jerrydevil

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 09:31 AM

Clarkson did show promise not that long ago, but he has regressed pretty far.

#95 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,407 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

Clarkson did show promise not that long ago, but he has regressed pretty far.

:unsure:

uhh... flash-forward to about 3 months later...

:saddevil:

this

or...

+1

or...

gets it

:saddevil: :evil: :saddevil:

I'm here for the party

#96 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,833 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:24 AM

One day it'll all click and he'll have a massively banner season! THEN he'll think he's an offensive dynamo and everything will go out the window and he'll get a bad attitude and find himself on waivers... I see this coming in the next three years. but it's well worth it. There's a heck of a lot to be said for a certain amount of sentimentality.

I think the banner season has already occured...last year. Granted, he was injured for a pretty significant time, but he put up some solid numbers before going down.

Now he just seems unwilling to do what he used to do to be successful..

Ship him off for some picks, i don't see him earning that nearly 3m contract. Unless a MAJOR breakthrough occurs, which seems unlikely to me.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#97 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:14 PM

I would like to keep him if the Devils could just send him to a freaking skating coach! I mean seriously...

#98 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

who has been playing well this season for the devils?? NO ONE!!! It is just not clarkson, he tries but everyone sucks.

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#99 mouse

mouse

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,494 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:25 PM

He's overpaid and trying to live up to the contract, which is to his credit, except he's not good enough and never will be. When he was fighting for a job, he was happy to do all the little things right, fighting, hitting, battling for loose pucks and not expecting to score. He was better than the average 4th line grinder, and could keep up with a guy like Zubbie and get the most out of him. Now he feels the need to score, and is getting in the way of better players because he sucks at skating and has a mediocre shot to boot. He'll never be worth the money, but he'll be worth SOMETHING if he goes back to playing like a 3rd/4th line pest and stops trying to be something he's not.

Sumus Legio
You don't turn this around in a couple shifts. Its going to take a little time, but I know the guys will come back. Because I can see it. -- Jacques Lemaire

sguq.jpg

#100 Quinn01

Quinn01

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,622 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 12:54 PM

I am reposting this:
Posted Image

Thats all I have to say.....

Posted Image
Winner of the 2010-2011 Hobey Baker Award for Best Rookie Poster.
Official Keeper of Martin Brodeur's Ending Powerplay Whistle & KOVALtine, the drink with the shelf life of 15 years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users