Devils Line up:

Mike Cammalleri - Travis Zajac - Jaromir Jagr

Martin Havlat - Patrik Elias - Michael Ryder

Tuomo Ruutu - Jacob Josefson - Damien Brunner

Dainius Zubrus - Stephen Gionta - Steve Bernier

Andy Greene- Damon Severson

Eric Gelinas- Marek Zidlicky

Seth Helgeson- Adam Larsson

Cory is going to start yet again..nothing like running him into the ground.

Still without Rico, Clowe, Merril and Salvador(thankfully)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Most likely given the opponent, Cory will start again tomorrow.

If he doesn't sit for at least one of the 3 games next week (Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton) I will lose it.

im not sure why this coach has zero faith in giving kinkaid a start it seems.. why did they call him up here is they're not going to use him..they're going to burn schneider out.

Brunner has been playing terribly.  If you wanted to bring Tootoo into the lineup, you would scratch Brunner because he is easily playing the worst of any of the forwards.

Disagree. Brunner has been decent the past few games given the limited ice time he has received.

Disagree. Brunner has been decent the past few games given the limited ice time he has received.

Since having 6 shots on goal against Dallas, Brunner has played about 15 minutes a game and generated 12 shots in the last 9 games.  He's not good.  He skates well and doesn't fall over, that's about all he's got going for him right now.

Brunner has been playing terribly.  If you wanted to bring Tootoo into the lineup, you would scratch Brunner because he is easily playing the worst of any of the forwards.

He doesn't get much ice time so its hard to get production, I didn't think his play was so bad that Tootoo will give us improvement. I have not been impressed with Tootoo all season.

Since having 6 shots on goal against Dallas, Brunner has played about 15 minutes a game and generated 12 shots in the last 9 games.  He's not good.  He skates well and doesn't fall over, that's about all he's got going for him right now.

so again here. "he's not good cause he doesnt produce enough shots. - Tri " lol its ridiculous. Yet you're saying you're never saying that lol

Edited by SterioDesign

so again here. "he's not good cause he doesnt produce enough shots. - Tri " lol its ridiculous. Yet you're saying you're never saying that lol

Do you see the word 'because' in that post?  No.  Now I can say 'Brunner isn't producing enough shots, and in addition to that, my eyes are telling me that he sucks'.  Because that's what I believe.  My eyes say he sucks, and the numbers are there, backing that notion up.  

Do you see the word 'because' in that post?  No.  Now I can say 'Brunner isn't producing enough shots, and in addition to that, my eyes are telling me that he sucks'.  Because that's what I believe.  My eyes say he sucks, and the numbers are there, backing that notion up.

I agree with this. Let's be honest for a second, we keep saying Brunner is this player with all these skills, but if those don't translate into legitimate scoring opportunities...what's the point? It's like having a flashy car sitting in your garage without an engine. Tootoo may be a downgrade skill wise but at least he gives you the ability to create some grit plays. And I'm not under the notion that we need grit, but if you want to change the dynamic for a game this makes the most sense.

Also, maybe this is a message to Brunner that "yeah, your legs look great, but how about a little finish"

well if only that's what you'd usually say. It's never that

X player is no good cause X stats is no good. Thats it. Black on white.

well if only that's what you'd usually say. It's never that

X player is no good cause X stats is no good. Thats it. Black on white.

Did you read his first post on Brunner? No stars at all, just said he's playing crappy.

What did you saying the same thing on the topic of numbers add to the thread? It's just adding clutter, imo. We get how you feel.