Sign MSL to a one year, no risk deal.

Jettison Gionta to Albany and give Matteau the 4th line spot

???

Profit.

Cammalleri-Zajac-Sharp
Elias-Henrique-MSL
Ruutu-Kalinin-Zubrus
Matteau-Josefson-Tootoo

I would perfectly be content with that as the opening night roster. At least our top six looks somewhat like a legitimate top six for a change.  I think that the year Gomez had was a bit of a fluke so that's why I don't have him listed but you could always give Gomez a 2 way deal and interchange him and Kalinin when need be since he also is on a two way deal.

OR we could trade for Mike Richards and LA first round pick so the Devils can get both Barzal and Zacha lol. Say Mike Richards + #13 + Jordan Weal for Jacob Josefson + #38 + another piece. Say Zubrus or something. I'd pull the trigger on something like that

Edited by TheMazz

Trade a 2nd and 3rd for Sharp

???

Profit.

Cammalleri-Zajac-Sharp

Elias-Henrique-MSL

Ruutu-Kalinin-Zubrus

Matteau-Josefson-Tootoo

I would perfectly be content with that as the opening night roster. At least our top six looks somewhat like a legitimate top six for a change.  I think that the year Gomez had was a bit of a fluke so that's why I don't have him listed but you could always give Gomez a 2 way deal and interchange him and Kalinin when need be since he also is on a two way deal.

OR we could trade for Mike Richards and LA first round pick so the Devils can get both Barzal and Zacha lol. Say Mike Richards + #13 + Jordan Weal for Jacob Josefson + #38 + another piece. Say Zubrus or something. I'd pull the trigger on something like that

i would trade nothing of value for sharp. and i like him. but again, they're too far away to deal a 2nd and a 3rd for that kind of player.

signing MSL on a one year deal is something i can get behind.

as for the LA idea, i don't think the richards poison pill is enough for LA to deal #13. maybe if it's josefson,, #38, merrill and zubrus; maybe LA thinks about it. but as much as i like the idea of essentially moving up from #38 to #13, i don't know if merrill and josefson are worth it to do that. sure josefson is but unless the merrill regression is really what he is, that could be a big piece. then again, it would certainly speed up the overall rebuild because next year's chances of tank city would improve and adding an austin matthews to 2 high first rounders from this year makes '16-'17 look better and '17-'18 look pretty good

Maple Leafs open to trading players, maybe Kessel

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=770281&navid=nhl:topheads

not really any surprising news here, just that it sounds like Toronto has actively been conversing about trading the guy.  Looks like they prefer picks and prospects but said they wouldn't rule out current NHL players.

I've said this in the past, and i'll say it again.  If the team's goal is to win while Cory is at the helm, grabbing Kessel isn't a terrible move.  Contract isn't awful and the guy is a RW and a star.  If Toronto is asking for #6, then I do not like it.  But if they can build a trade around guys like Merrill, Gelly, our 2nd pick, then I would REALLY like us to be involved here.

It's been said but I think you have two options, either be in full on rebuild mode (letting Schneids go), or build a team that can compete in 2 years.  Our current roster is nowhere close to that and adding a young player at #6 doesn't get the team much closer.  Thats why the conversation comes up that it might be smarter to move things a little faster.

of course, the price has to be right

Trade a 2nd and 3rd for Sharp

???

Profit.

Cammalleri-Zajac-Sharp

Elias-Henrique-MSL

Ruutu-Kalinin-Zubrus

Matteau-Josefson-Tootoo

No way I'm giving up a 2nd AND a 3rd for a winger who's turning 34 next season and is coming off a 16 goal season.

Maple Leafs open to trading players, maybe Kessel

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=770281&navid=nhl:topheads

not really any surprising news here, just that it sounds like Toronto has actively been conversing about trading the guy.  Looks like they prefer picks and prospects but said they wouldn't rule out current NHL players.

I've said this in the past, and i'll say it again.  If the team's goal is to win while Cory is at the helm, grabbing Kessel isn't a terrible move.  Contract isn't awful and the guy is a RW and a star.  If Toronto is asking for #6, then I do not like it.  But if they can build a trade around guys like Merrill, Gelly, our 2nd pick, then I would REALLY like us to be involved here.

It's been said but I think you have two options, either be in full on rebuild mode (letting Schneids go), or build a team that can compete in 2 years.  Our current roster is nowhere close to that and adding a young player at #6 doesn't get the team much closer.  Thats why the conversation comes up that it might be smarter to move things a little faster.

of course, the price has to be right

As I've said before, I'd take Kessel, and his full salary probably, with a low ball offer.  No way I trade Number 6 overall for him. 

We could use a veteran defenseman (because, let's face it all we have is Greene) to mentor the kids.

Any interest in Ehrhoff or Barrett Jackman?

Is that you, Todd Cordell?

Dude nearly blew his load either today or yesterday when someone mentioned we might be interested in bringing back Paul Martin...

You seem to think that im believing those rumours. The only reason people post rumours is only to DISCUSS the what if of the situation. You go through the pros and cons and it gets some discussion going. It's all for fun. (but i do understand that you're probably not really into fun)

Its not different than asking "would you rather bang Meg Ryan or Lea Thompson." It won't happen obviously but it gets discussions going.

Now getting St-Louis is not impossible so it's still a possibility and people here simply discuss their view on that situation. Nothing wrong with that. If you don't like it just ignore it.

If we're talking, "Back to the Future" Lea Thompson, I'd bang the sh*t out of her. Lol Edited by slasher72

Is that you, Todd Cordell?

Dude nearly blew his load either today or yesterday when someone mentioned we might be interested in bringing back Paul Martin...

Is it just me who doesn't want ANY past Devils back?? Todd had too many responses, my "angry" response would've gotten lost. 

Just because some Devils reunions have not gone well (Malakhov, Holik, Sullivan etc Richer...can't blame him though he was hurt) its not like it never works. Worked out quite well with Claude and Gomez. Worked fine with Sykora for most of the year until he ran out of gas.

Is it just me who doesn't want ANY past Devils back?? Todd had too many responses, my "angry" response would've gotten lost.

The only person blowing their wad in excitement over this news would be Lou. If Shero brought Martin here you know Lou would be doing backflips.

If we're talking, "Back to the Future" Lea Thompson, I'd bang the sh*t out of her. Lol

She still looks pretty good for 54 (always depressing when certain actors that I'll always remember for their teenage roles (even though the actors themselves were clearly much older than the age of their teenage characters) are approaching 60...I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to be 45 in less than two weeks).  And I give her credit...she doesn't appear to have had much work done, if any.  No trainwreck duck-bill lips or any other crap.  She's 54 and not trying to go through puberty a second time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lea_Thompson#/media/File:Lea_Thompson_February_2015.jpg

Meg Ryan, on the other hand...yikes:

http://fanreact.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Meg-Ryan-Plastic-Surgery-before-and-after.jpg

Anyway, looking forward to having some actual transaction news to react to.  The endless "What if?" speculation is exhausting.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Yes. What do we have to lose? Surprised they are giving up on him already.

Maybe, I just see him taking a spot from Yayo or Gomez. He showed flashes in Vancouver, but regressed pretty severely in Buffalo. Maybe a one year deal.

Sent from my C6725 using Tapatalk

Yes. What do we have to lose? Surprised they are giving up on him already.

He was terrible and his contract is ridiculous - they get a discount on buying him out, since he's younger than 26 - his buyout will only be 1/3rd of his contract spread over double the years, so that's $700K a year.  

She still looks pretty good for 54 (always depressing when certain actors that I'll always remember for their teenage roles (even though the actors themselves were clearly much older than the age of their teenage characters) are approaching 60...I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to be 45 in less than two weeks). And I give her credit...she doesn't appear to have had much work done, if any. No trainwreck duck-bill lips or any other crap. She's 54 and not trying to go through puberty a second time:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lea_Thompson#/media/File:Lea_Thompson_February_2015.jpg

Meg Ryan, on the other hand...yikes:

http://fanreact.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Meg-Ryan-Plastic-Surgery-before-and-after.jpg

Anyway, looking forward to having some actual transaction news to react to. The endless "What if?" speculation is exhausting.

Yea, there were a few actresses like that who looked hot for a long time. I think Raquel Welch was smoking hot even into her late 60's! Just one example. There's plenty more