Devils resign eric gelinas to 2 year deal

justintime2989

Lol well the thread has been successfully derailed and then blown up and buried. Tri is a great poster and anyone who's been here a while just has to know he's not one for the warm and fuzzies. Plus in general you just need to have thick skin to be a part of the Internets.

But still I think this forum is the best place to talk Devils, much better than some other cesspools out there that shall remain nameless. Sure we have some crazies here (myself included at times) but all in all its a good group of posters.

Anyway the gelinas signing is great, my only concern is if you pair him with either severson or Merrill it could hurt their development a bit because of how terrible he is defensively.

I do have hope for Gelinas. Sure he's not great defensively but thats something you can learn and a system can support you. Positioning, timing, gap control etc etc he will get better. What he can bring though is not something you can learn. Josh Georges will never control a PP or be an offensive dman. You can't learn that if it's not in you even if you "do the right thing" within a system. 

I'd like to see how Gelinas adapts to a "faster paced, attacking, supporting" system. This is the perfect "Show me" deal and I'm very happy overall with what I've seen Shero do. It's a lot of the things that a great majority of fans have been begging the team to do for several years.

Back when I joined in 2010 (was lurking for about a year prior) this forum was A LOT busier and had a lot more posters posting on any given day.  These days it's a lot quieter and there are some of the subforums like the marketplace and around the rock that are virtual ghost towns.  There is a reason for this and this thread is the perfect example of why.

The reason is that the team has mostly sucked. Otherwise, the forum today is the same makeup of posters as a few years ago when you joined.

I'd imagine that if the Devils were winning (or at least interesting) you'd see new people register here more frequently.

Personally - I've always visited this place sparingly during the offseason.  People are bored, trolls are given more attention, etc.  Discussions aren't what they are during the season, which is kinda expected in an offseason.

I don't think anyone here is 'unfriendly'.

We get one of these threads every year or sometimes more frequently. If I banned someone every time 2 or three people decided they were a detriment to the forums I think there would be nobody left posting.

Some people in this thread casting the stones have been frequent targets of banning or limiting their posting abilities. You can't please everyone, but saying the forums are seeing less traffic would be untrue since our bandwidth usage has not gone down month to month since the lockouts. Sure there is a difference in posting amounts but I attribute that to if you have nothing nice to say about the devils (they suck) don't post.Name a poster and I can probably give you a private message of someone complaining about them; DevsMan, Triumph, martysb3st, hell even Moustic got one.

If you are so unsatisfied go elsewhere,  I didn't sign you up to a contract to browse this place while you writhe in agony reading the unholy words of someone disagreeing with you.

• Like 1

We get one of these threads every year or sometimes more frequently. If I banned someone every time 2 or three people decided they were a detriment to the forums I think there would be nobody left posting.

Some people in this thread casting the stones have been frequent targets of banning or limiting their posting abilities. You can't please everyone, but saying the forums are seeing less traffic would be untrue since our bandwidth usage has not gone down month to month since the lockouts. Sure there is a difference in posting amounts but I attribute that to if you have nothing nice to say about the devils (they suck) don't post.Name a poster and I can probably give you a private message of someone complaining about them; DevsMan, Triumph, martysb3st, hell even Moustic got one.

If you are so unsatisfied go elsewhere,  I didn't sign you up to a contract to browse this place while you writhe in agony reading the unholy words of someone disagreeing with you.

I demand to know who complained about our resident Frenchy so I know where best to direct my torch and pitchfork.   

But seriously, thanks for keeping this place running, DM. Always the first place I go to read discussions about the team.

Edited by RSC

I writhe in agony, DM, I writhe...in agony.

This is absolutely false. Many of the great posters back then were replaced by some not-so-great posters.

Back then? You mean a whole few years ago? You cant really be bringing a great perspective as to how or why this forum is/has been if youre that recent. Unless youre basically saying that the forum has gone down hill since you've joined...hmm...

NJDevs is the best place to discuss Devils hockey anywhere on the internet. Love this place, and love interacting and talking with all of you. We may not agree on everything, but what fun would that be? [emoji3]

:cheers:

You realise that i read your message DM ...

It's not totally impossible that i send this complain about myself ... But... Really ? ; ) 

Of course, i can't ask you in front of everybody who send this (who send this ?) but... what was the reason of the complain ? it's because i'm too handsome ? My Animal charisma was too strong for this place...

But no.. more seriously... 

803f1a0db2a57b833a0049b53a886ec95b046e5c

Have a nice day ! ; ) 

I'd like to see how Gelinas adapts to a "faster paced, attacking, supporting" system. This is the perfect "Show me" deal and I'm very happy overall with what I've seen Shero do. It's a lot of the things that a great majority of fans have been begging the team to do for several years.

Haha, I'm cringing thinking about the things Gelinas will do with the puck.  I'm just not sure he can even be good offensively 5 on 5 but we'll see.  I'm not sure his partner will be that good either.

You realise that i read your message DM ...

It's not totally impossible that i send this complain about myself ... But... Really ? ; ) 

Of course, i can't ask you in front of everybody who send this (who send this ?) but... what was the reason of the complain ? it's because i'm too handsome ? My Animal charisma was too strong for this place...

But no.. more seriously... 

803f1a0db2a57b833a0049b53a886ec95b046e5c

Have a nice day ! ; ) 

Probably just a mosquito issue.