So now that Lou is gone...

'7'

Can we have our goal song back?

;-) heh, just had to go there. Not really serious but we need some humor now. What a tumultuous time. Doc, Chico, Marty, Stevens, Brodeur, and Sestito all gone in a blink of an eye seemingly

Dano and MacLean too, they're still around. But on the ice it's just Patty, and we have to brace ourselves for his departure too

Yeah I can't see Patty being here past the deadline... Although I want him to stay and finish his career as a Devil, since no one else ever seems to.

Elias is going to grow the best hockey beard of all time.

Maybe it will reinvigorate his offensive game and his skating.  Let's see it Patty! :thumbsup:

Oh sh!t.  I want to see the Rico-goatee make a comeback.  That's when the magic died for us.  

image.jpg

Edited by RizzMB30

I have a feeling we're going to see a uniform re-design in the next couple of years.  I have a feeling nothing is sacred anymore.  I'm not 100% dead-set against it (many teams have re-designed their uniforms through the years), but I just hope it's nothing hideous.  The Fishsticks and Buffa-slugs show how disastrous these ideas can be. 

;-) heh, just had to go there. Not really serious but we need some humor now. What a tumultuous time. Doc, Chico, Marty, Stevens, Brodeur, and Sestito all gone in a blink of an eye seemingly

Yeah Sestito is the biggest loss. How could you put his in the same sentence? Just kidding.

I have a feeling we're going to see a uniform re-design in the next couple of years.  I have a feeling nothing is sacred anymore.  I'm not 100% dead-set against it (many teams have re-designed their uniforms through the years), but I just hope it's nothing hideous.  The Fishsticks and Buffa-slugs show how disastrous these ideas can be. 

i agree with you here but it's scary but first what i want is a successful team and i truly believe it was not gonna happen with Lou and Conte. I'd take ugly jerseys over another 10 years out of the playoffs running vets to the ground and losing our assets years after years.

Is Shero the right guy? I think he can. Not saying he will but a change was needed. 

You mean like this?

NewJerseyDevilsLogos_zps9b300ae6.png

i agree with you here but it's scary but first what i want is a successful team and i truly believe it was not gonna happen with Lou and Conte. I'd take ugly jerseys over another 10 years out of the playoffs running vets to the ground and losing our assets years after years.

Is Shero the right guy? I think he can. Not saying he will but a change was needed. 

No reason to take shots at Lou at this point...Lou is gone for good, the time was definitely right, and though none of us can say what the Shero Era will bring, at least this can now be firmly defined as the Shero Era, and not some hybrid or transition period.  I do think this was extremely important.  The gig needs to be 100% Shero's...win or lose.  Let him do his thing. 

You mean like this?

I actually dig the secondary logo. 

You mean like this?

NewJerseyDevilsLogos_zps9b300ae6.png

That primary logo looks like an evil baboon having an anaphylactic reaction. I don't fancy being the "New Jersey Sickly Baboons from Hell"

Dano and MacLean too, they're still around. But on the ice it's just Patty, and we have to brace ourselves for his departure too

Its been too many years since we won a cup, with all the reminders of the glory years basically gone reality smacks you in the face...

Wonder what will happen next in hierarchy?  Will Harris bring in another President? Will Shero assume both duties? Will Shero hire an asst MGR? He has to hire a director of scouting too. Busy man after he signs Larsson/Zacha.

They might as well change the MSG and radio crews too while they're at it....that's the real buzzword this offseason, not 'fast, attacking, supportive', that's one thing I wouldn't be depressed over seeing changes.  Then again the crews have already changed over the last couple years.

I'm already bracing for Patty being gone by the deadline, if not sooner.  That'll be more depressing than this and I love Lou.

Edited by NJDevs4978

How about third jerseys, high numbers, beards, long hair....time to turn this baby on its head. Lol