GDT - The End - Devils vs Leafs 7pm

RunninWithTheDevil

Nice way for Patrik to go out, under the circumstances.  This was a successful season for me, in that my daughter has finally taken to Devils hockey...for the last month she's asked almost every night "Are the Devils playing tonight Daddy?"  Looking forward to years of watching games with her.  

• Like 2

Said this in the chat, but - Palmieri is seriously such a bro, such a good team guy.  He could've easily mailed the rest of the game in after he got #30, but instead hustled and created an opportunity for Elias to get one in what might be his final game.

One of my favorites on this team right now.  Lock him up long term Shero!

• Like 1

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I don't think Patty is ready to leave, and he would definitely take a small 1-year deal to finish with

Devils should move on from Elias the player.  Elias the person always has a place with the organization as far as I'm concerned.  

THAT WAS FUN.

Omg, what a night. Everything was perfect!

Henrique and Palms getting 30.

Pavel 2 pts.

Wood FLYING all over the place.

Santini being a rock.

Patty scoring while his name was chanted.

OMG, it was surreal. I am so happy I was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Devils should move on from Elias the player.  Elias the person always has a place with the organization as far as I'm concerned.  

Couldn't disagree more. He's a leader, and he just put up a goal and two assists on one good leg. As stated above, Gionta and Ruutu can't do that. 

Elias while not healthy this year, still is a good possession player. I wouldn't mind signing him to a one year contract as well, why not. Anything he does can only rub off on Zacha on being a better pro.

Zacha, all he did was a +7 in scoring chances 5 on 5 for an 81.82%. I can't remember a better 1st game by a rookie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I can't believe this game wasn't scripted.  Sounds like it was perfect on do many levels.

Regarding Elias, if he wants to come back, you can't not give him a one year deal. 

4 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Fantastic finish. It was a deserving end to a season that didn't warrant going out with a fart noise and a shutout. This team showed a hell of a lot of heart. I haven't loved a Devils team like this since our cup run.

thank you Shero for a breath of fresh air.

thank you Hynes for what you've brought to the franchise. 

Thank you Palmieri for embracing everything it means to be a Devil. I hope to see you in black and red for 12 more seasons.

thank you Henrique for proving me wrong. I thought you'd never crack 20 goals again. I take my crow medium rare.

thank you Patrik. If this really was your last game, thank you for bringing goal scoring and a goddamned adorable smile to a franchise that relied on snarls and defense. I hope you want to go one more season. I would love you back on a one year deal. 

Thank you DM, msweet, rowdy and everyone on these forums for another fun time. This year I got to meet a lot of you, and you're good people. There's nowhere else on the internet I talk about Devils hockey. You're all big parts of a fantastic community that keeps me laughing, angry, confused, and entertained endlessly. To any newbies, stick around in the offseason. there may be other forums with a more lively discussion, but do they have sexy ninjas?

love you guys. Go Devils.

Well said, my man. Let's get 'em next year. 

22 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

Fantastic finish. It was a deserving end to a season that didn't warrant going out with a fart noise and a shutout. This team showed a hell of a lot of heart. I haven't loved a Devils team like this since our cup run.

thank you Shero for a breath of fresh air.

thank you Hynes for what you've brought to the franchise. 

Thank you Palmieri for embracing everything it means to be a Devil. I hope to see you in black and red for 12 more seasons.

thank you Henrique for proving me wrong. I thought you'd never crack 20 goals again. I take my crow medium rare.

thank you Patrik. If this really was your last game, thank you for bringing goal scoring and a goddamned adorable smile to a franchise that relied on snarls and defense. I hope you want to go one more season. I would love you back on a one year deal. 

Thank you DM, msweet, rowdy and everyone on these forums for another fun time. This year I got to meet a lot of you, and you're good people. There's nowhere else on the internet I talk about Devils hockey. You're all big parts of a fantastic community that keeps me laughing, angry, confused, and entertained endlessly. To any newbies, stick around in the offseason. there may be other forums with a more lively discussion, but do they have sexy ninjas?

love you guys. Go Devils.

I wanted to like this post but apparently I can only give out 20 likes a day lol

• Like 2

What a game to end the season on. Rico and Palms with the 30 goal marks, Zacha with his first points, Patty and Zacha playing together with some awesome chemistry, just a really fun time. On to of that I had never been to Hobby's before today. Gotta say I was impressed. Really good stuff there. As someone who has only been watching hockey since the season after the 2012 cup run this has been a fun year. This game in particular has probably been the most enjoyable one I have ever seen. Had a great time starting some Patty chants with thecoffeecake in section 230. Also was able to get patty's signature on my jersey after the game. Got Kalinin's sig on my hat as well. For anybody not at the signing area after the game, Kalinin did a nutty burn out in his car on his way out after signing for everyone. It was pretty hilarious.

• Like 2

What a perfect game to have been able to go to. I lost my voice yelling for Patty all game. I've been such a huge Elias fan my whole life, and I'll be really glad if I did get to see his final game. He went out on top like Brodeur did in his Devils finale.

I thanked Patty for 22 years after the game, and he made it clear he hopes it's going to be 23. Let's see if the front office feels that way. I think he's got more than enough left to compete at the NHL level, and on top of that his leadership with Zacha and beyond will be priceless. The chemistry those 2 had was unreal, but that rarely isn't the case if you put 2 Czechs on the ice.

3 minutes ago, WaffleFries said:

What a game to end the season on. Rico and Palms with the 30 goal marks, Zacha with his first points, Patty and Zacha playing together with some awesome chemistry, just a really fun time. On to of that I had never been to Hobby's before today. Gotta say I was impressed. Really good stuff there. As someone who has only been watching hockey since the season after the 2012 cup run this has been a fun year. This game in particular has probably been the most enjoyable one I have ever seen. Had a great time starting some Patty chants with thecoffeecake in section 230. Also was able to get patty's signature on my jersey after the game. Got Kalinin's sig on my hat as well. For anybody not at the signing area after the game, Kalinin did a nutty burn out in his car on his way out after signing for everyone. It was pretty hilarious.

Awe we even got on NJDevs at the same time <3

• Like 1