The last GDT of 2017 (Thank God): Devils @ Red Wings- Last game at the Joe 5:00 PM

MadDog2020

Tough season.  As much as I'll miss watching the Devils, I won't miss the last 24 games of this year.  

But man will I miss Patrik...even if we barely saw him on the ice the past couple of years...and I'll miss what he represents.  

Hope Shero has one hell of an offseason.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Antiquated Colorado Rockie said:

It's like the end of a marathon that while trying to run you were repeatedly kicked in the nuts.

If there was a contest for "Describe the last 24 games of the Devils' 2016-17 season in 20 words or less", you'd have won hands down.  Well done.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

Nice job letting the guy with 0 goals score. Of course it's against us. 

Kidding. Actually feel good for the guy.

Anyway. Easily the worst regular season I've ever endured as a Devils fan. From Feb 19th onward they went 3-17-4. Which is the worst I have ever seen the Devils franchise play. But it's definitely worth it as at least this draft is stacked with great offensive talent ready to help the team immediately in 17-18, and not like we have an expansion team muddying the waters either. 

They have a long way to go to be competitive

Edited by '7'

4 minutes ago, '7' said:

Anyway. Easily the worst regular season I've ever endured as a Devils fan. From Feb 19th onward they went 3-17-4. Which is the worst I have ever seen the Devils franchise play. But it's definitely worth it as at least this draft is stacked with great offensive talent ready to help the team immediately in 17-18, and not like we have an expansion team muddying the waters either. 

They mentioned at the start of the game that guy had zero goals. I expected him to score one. He got two. 

6 minutes ago, '7' said:

Hate to look back but it was the previous 2-3 years this team should of tanked with the top talent drafted.

Well, it was a race to the bottom vs. Vancouver in the final stretch. I think they went like 7-25 since the beginning of Feb. You know the Canucks are going to lose tonight(like last night) against the Oilers, so that meaningless win against the Flyers cost a 2 position drop in the draft lottery.  I don't care for the ROW tie breaking  stat either, counting that over how many total team wins in the season, so then for the Coyotes they get the points tie breaker against the Devs.

It never seems to go our way... so I hope Shero and the ownership bring in those Jamaican Voodoo Witch doctors to take this long curse of all the bad crap that appears to haunt this franchise Y-O-Y.

34 minutes ago, Mu6atu said:

Does Arizona have the tie breaker against the Devils, because they have more regular wins? 

Unfortunately because we have more ROW (Regulation and Overtime Wins) we stay ahead of them in the standings.

Or what Hollywood said.

Edited by Jerzey

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Honestly I'm kinda glad we didn't win.  Not just for our draft, but it was a really nice moment for their fans at the Joe.  Great way to close out that arena.

It's a nice way to send out "The Joe" especially since it's the first time in 25 seasons (?) they haven't made the playoffs. I was looking at the score while out, and was actually happy Detroit was winning. 

Definitely the roughest season I've ever endured as a Devils fan. The 9-3-3 tease made it even harder to accept the fact this team's still a ways off from being competitive. 

I've enjoyed talking about the Devils with you guys though. There's a lot of very knowledgeable folks on this board. I wish I would have found it sooner. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Definitely the roughest season I've ever endured as a Devils fan. The 9-3-3 tease made it even harder to accept the fact this team's still a ways off from being competitive. 

I've enjoyed talking about the Devils with you guys though. There's a lot of very knowledgeable folks on this board. I wish I would have found it sooner. 

Even at 25-23-10, it was really hard to see 3-17-4 coming.  This year was just friggin' bizarre.  2010-11 was weird too...two halves that couldn't have possibly been much more different (10-29-2 followed by 28-10-3).  And I really hope that Schneider just had an up-and-down season, and isn't starting to decline. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Outside of a drop-off in shots, Palmieri's numbers as a Devil in his first two seasons have been remarkably consistent overall:

2015-16:  82 GP, 30 G (19 at ES), 27 A, 57 Pts, 222 SOG (2.71 SPG), 13.5 shooting%, 17:48 TOI/G

2016-17:  80 GP, 26 G (17 at ES), 27 A, 53 Pts, 192 SOG (2.40 SPG), 13.5 shooting%, 17:21 TOI/G

And he somehow he's a +5 over these two seasons...kind of remarkable considering that he's playing on a bad team. 

• Like 1