2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

5 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

Flyers up 4-1 against the caps, wtf are Caps doing, they don't even look like they're trying. Flyers played last night as well. Sheesh.

This is what happens when you have to rely on the teams already in the playoffs to play hard for seeding.  We've had plenty of bad Marches (when we were actually good) when we sloughed through against teams who needed the points more than we did.

TEAMS - GP - PTS - GR - MAX - DIFF
1)PHI - 73 -  85 -  9 - 103 - (+1)
2)CBJ - 72 -  83 - 10 - 103 - (+1)
4)NJD - 72 -  82 - 10 - 102 -  (E)
3)FLA - 69 -  77 - 13 - 103 - (+1)

Loss to Anaheim puts us in the fourth position for now in terms of max points.

20 hours ago, Neb00rs said:

After 4 goals the game prior, Kane had no points in SJ's win last night, but he did have 8 shots and 5 hits. Something is clicking.

I feel like San Jose is going to spend the extra conditional 1st round pick and sign Evander Kane to a long term deal and he'll be useless once he gets his money.     

17 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Boston is dealing with lots of important injuries tho and they'll play Toronto in the playoffs no matter what so not sure if they'll be giving their 100% during that whole stretch

First place in the Atlantic is still in play for the Bruins...they're four back with two games in hand.  Not sure if that means that much to them, but right now they still have something to play for.

Will be nice if Montreal can give a sh!t just long enough to somehow beat the Panthers tonight...they're just 4-9-6 in their last 19 GP, but at least the game's at home...Montreal's been awful on the road all season (and especially putrid lately:  2-15-3 in their last 20 road games), but they've actually been pretty good at home as of late:  5-1-3 (with all of the wins being in regulation).  Guess they still kind of get up for their home fans. 

27 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

First place in the Atlantic is still in play for the Bruins...they're four back with two games in hand.  Not sure if that means that much to them, but right now they still have something to play for.

Will be nice if Montreal can give a sh!t just long enough to somehow beat the Panthers tonight...they're just 4-9-6 in their last 19 GP, but at least the game's at home...Montreal's been awful on the road all season (and especially putrid lately:  2-15-3 in their last 20 road games), but they've actually been pretty good at home as of late:  5-1-3 (with all of the wins being in regulation).  Guess they still kind of get up for their home fans. 

It should mean a lot to the B's, a 1st round matchup against CBJ/FLA/NJ/PHI should be way more appetizing than a 1st round matchup than a Babcock coached Toronto team, hopefully that continues the Bruins to push down the stretch because we could really use a few wins from them over the Panthers

Malamud is a bit a hack, I know him from Russian-speaking hockey forums since 1999, he used to be mostly comedian type of character - for example he was seriously making an argument that 2001 Sabres would beat 2001 Devils in a breeze in Conf Finals when they were up 3-2 against Penguins 

• Like 1

I still think we're the odd man out. CBJ is playing too good and the Panthers aren't being met with stiff competition. And I'm not being doom and gloom. I'm still hoping for a playoff birth, but with the level of competition remaining for this team is too much. Last night proved that this team still needs to have a lead in the game because overcoming a deficit is too much. The Devils are more likely to give up a lead of 3-0 than come from behind down two goals and tie it up.

Edited by CarpathianForest

1 minute ago, CarpathianForest said:

I still think we're the odd man out. CBJ is playing too good and the Panthers aren't being met with stiff competition.

The Jackets have won 7 in a row and are still only 1 point ahead of the Devils. Must be frustrating for them to go on such a tear and not pull away at all. Same with the Panthers, they were winning a ton of games and never even cracked a playoff spot. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

The Jackets have won 7 in a row and are still only 1 point ahead of the Devils. Must be frustrating for them to go on such a tear and not pull away at all. Same with the Panthers, they were winning a ton of games and never even cracked a playoff spot. 

That doesn't matter. The Devils had a cushion because of their hot start. The Jackets and Panthers are chugging along right now. Even though we're doing okay right now we still don't have the capital to limp across the finish line.

10 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

That doesn't matter. The Devils had a cushion because of their hot start. The Jackets and Panthers are chugging along right now. Even though we're doing okay right now we still don't have the capital to limp across the finish line.

Who’s limping? We’ve beat some of the best teams in the league on this road trip. Try not being so doom and gloom all the time. You’ll feel better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Who’s limping? We’ve beat some of the best teams in the league on this road trip. Try not being so doom and gloom all the time. You’ll feel better. 

Not being doom and gloom. I'm being realistic. It's not as high as a fall if you keep your expectations plain. If I were a betting man I would say the Panthers and either CBJ or PHI make round out the WC. Devils just don't have it. Like I mentioned before, this Devils team doesn't know how to come back from a deficit. That's a major sticking point.

15 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Not being doom and gloom. I'm being realistic. It's not as high as a fall if you keep your expectations plain. If I were a betting man I would say the Panthers and either CBJ or PHI make round out the WC. Devils just don't have it. Like I mentioned before, this Devils team doesn't know how to come back from a deficit. That's a major sticking point.

Didn’t they say last night we have 7 wins when entering the 3rd trailing? 

They just came back from a deficit against Nashville a week ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

They just came back from a deficit against Nashville a week ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Versus how many times including last night when they made progress only to gown down even more goals or come up one short. I mean how many times have they pulled the goalie down 1 with over a minute to go and either A) Not gotten one shot off or B, given up an ENG. For a stretch, this team, down 3-2 and coming up short was almost like clockwork. BTW MTL just not even bothering any more

Edited by CarpathianForest