2017-2018 Out of Town Thread

Daniel

4 minutes ago, Anhkheg said:

If a team has to get help to get into the playoffs, then it really doesnt deserve to be there. Anaheim was a winnable game but we didnt even show up. If we want to make it to the playoffs, we have to do our part and not rely on other teams. Columbus up 3-1 and are looking solid.

Sure, that's a great mentality if you're Hynes talking to the players, but from a fan's perspective, don't think we're asking for "help". I'm just laughing helplessly and maniacally at this point while the teams around us go on some of their top 3 longest most sustained and miraculous hot streaks they've ever gone on in their franchises' history right now in late March.

Edited by DJ Eco

9 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Sure, that's a great mentality if you're Hynes talking to the players, but from a fan's perspective, don't think we're asking for "help". I'm just laughing helplessly and maniacally at this point while the teams around us go on some of their top 3 longest most sustained and miraculous hot streaks they've ever gone on in their franchises' history right now in late March.

There are over a million devils fans, that's too much mentality I don't want to worry about including mine. The team has to have that mental toughness and character and I didn't see it in that last game. That's what worries me. If we had shown up and lost, I'd still be pissed (fan mentality), but at least they played well and I can feel better about that.

6 minutes ago, aclc79 said:

Our timing has to be just as good.  We have to match them,  win for win.  Philly may end up being the odd team out.  They are not very consistent.

We arent either, we have two good games and then completely disappear.

Edited by Anhkheg
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

Slowly descending into madness at this point watching the Wild Card teams around us rattle off 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 wins in a row so easily. Sure, it's out of our control, and races to the postseason finish line happen every March/April, but enough is enough, Columbus is about to post their 9th win in a row, how absurd is that? 9-1-0 is not what a Wild Card push looks like, it's just gotten to ridiculous levels how stiff the competition is around us. 

Even the best teams in the league lose a game or two here and there, but Columbus and Florida refuse to die; that doesn't even come close to describing it, it's more like they're playing the best hockey their respective franchises have ever seen, and they decided to do it right now.

Our only hope is the Flyers crashing out, I don't see Florida or Columbus slowing down anytime soon, they can beat ANYBODY and are doing it every night. The way things are going, Thursday's Columbus-Florida game will go to OT, with Panthers winning it, just how things are going for us. Florida basically plays everyone in their division a couple more times, and their division's an absolute dumpster fire. And Columbus basically gets to play all of the Western Conference's bottom feeders to close out the year; fun!

So yeah, we need to win, and win at a rate we haven't seen this team do in a while, or it's another late spring at the golf course for us. 

Actually, the Jackets won a ridiculous 16 games in a row last year. So there’s precedent for this kind of run under Tortorella. They’re as good as in it seems. It’s going to take a Philly collapse combined with a Devs hot streak, or the Panthers to run out of gas. 

• Like 1

We are 3 and 1 since the start of the trip. I wouldn’t exactly call that a bad streak. If we win tonight we will have won 4 out of 5 in the western road trip, which is really good. We aren’t playing bad hockey right now. They just have to keep pushing. We’re on a pretty nice streak on the road. 

Edited by Devs3cups

The incalculable and inhumane bad luck we've getting on the OOT scoreboard will cause us to miss the playoffs. It's the shootout streak all over again. Don't expect it to end anytime soon even if the Math says it should. Florida and Philly and Columbus will just defy all odds and keep on winning.

• Like 1

Just now, '7' said:

The incalculable and inhumane bad luck we've getting on the OOT scoreboard will cause us to miss the playoffs. It's the shootout streak all over again. Don't expect it to end anytime soon even if the Math says it should. Florida and Philly and Columbus will just defy all odds and keep on winning.

There's no odds to defy they ALWAYS play teams who are full on tanking or out of the playoffs. That godamn pathetic atlantic division can burn in hell

Just now, titans04 said:

If we come up short they only have themselves to blame.  Not ever jumping on the we need those around us to lose. We controlled and still do our own destiny. Just win when it matters most. 

I don't know, I'm coming around to the eventuality that we can go on an epic tear from here til early April and it still might not be enough given the absurdity in the Eastern Conference right now. Can't even compete with the runs and lucky streaks happening around us. I hope I'm proven wrong.