GDT: New Jersey @ Colorado 9pm

Derlique

Excited to get a look at the new guy. 

9 pm start, fvcking Mountain Time Zone. 

Keep your head up, Marcus. Literally, do not put your head down. 

Reading oue D lines somehow seems greatly improved by changing one guy. Here’s hoping that is true in reality. 

Let’s Go Devils!!

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

I don't mind 9pm starts on Fridays or Saturdays.  I'll be up.  It's actually nice every now and then because I sometimes get a late start if I end up going out somewhere for the evening.  By the time I get home from work, feed the animals, and do some other before heading out the door, it could easily be between 730-8 or later before I'm sitting down at a bar or restaurant where I can pop the game on my phone to watch.  It's during the week when the later starts really suck.  Hard to stay up and watch the entire game, and makes for a rough day of work the following day. 

Excited to see what Vatanen brings to the team and how he mixes with the rest of the guys.  The Avs started off slow, but they've been hot lately.  This should be a good game.  Hopefully we are well rested from 3 days off and come out with some energy.  

Let's Go Devils.

1 hour ago, CommonDreads said:

LGD, Vatanen will be paired with Greene, Santini out

Greene - Vatanen
Moore - Severson
Butcher - Lovejoy

That's ridiculous.  Killjoy sucks and should be playing as little as possible.  Santini has been fine and we will have to deal with the growing pains with him the same way we have to with the other youngsters on the roster. 

Doesn't make any sense at all to sit Santini.  He's been fine.  Hell, if anything, he's been good.  He's a solid puck mover and doesn't commit many mistakes or take many penalties.  Lovejoy is a liability, and I'd almost rather even sit Moore too.  Moore isn't needed as much now that we have Vatanen who has a good shot, but still, I'd rather sit Lovejoy first.

Best of luck to Adam in Columbus...your goal against the Rangers will probably never be knocked out of the Top 10 Greatest Devil Moments.

Best of luck to Sami in Colorado...welcome aboard!

LGD!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Doesn't make any sense at all to sit Santini.  He's been fine.  Hell, if anything, he's been good.  He's a solid puck mover and doesn't commit many mistakes or take many penalties.  Lovejoy is a liability, and I'd almost rather even sit Moore too.  Moore isn't needed as much now that we have Vatanen who has a good shot, but still, I'd rather sit Lovejoy first.

IDK, Lovejoy has been good lately, he's been smart with the puck and responsible in his own zone. I don't want Santini to sit but I get it. 

7 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

IDK, Lovejoy has been good lately, he's been smart with the puck and responsible in his own zone. I don't want Santini to sit but I get it. 

True, I haven't noticed as many mistakes this year, but yeah, I'd rather Santini.  He's younger, deserves the opportunity, and I think will only continue to get better. 

6 minutes ago, Neb00rs said:

I agree.  Hell didn't freeze over since Lovejoy replaced an injured Mueller.   He's being used in the right spots, in the right role.  Santini will be back in.  But I'm actually not opposed to Lovejoy being on this roster as a 7th Dman.  This team doesn't have a ton of depth at the position.  And teams usually wind up using more than 7 anyways because of injury, illness, or whatever.

Palmieri coming back will help but, in addition to that I'd like to see the bottom 6 beefed up. Hayes, Stafford...heck I'm worried about the clock striking midnight on Gibbons. Coleman hustles but there isn't much finish to his game

Edited by '7'

2 hours ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I don't mind 9pm starts on Fridays or Saturdays.  I'll be up. 

Honestly, you're right, its not like I would otherwise be asleep. But, I'll likely watch live instead of on a DVR delay, and then I have to watch commercials and intermissions like an Amish person. 

;)

11 minutes ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I'm so excited for the Devils to lose 2-1, and for me to come on the forums and completely and totally overreact, say some stupid things, and then take them all back tomorrow morning.

But instead of all that let's just win. 

Damn bro you are one funny S.O.B.  Just had to tell you that.

1 hour ago, Martyisth3b3st said:

I'm so excited for the Devils to lose 2-1, and for me to come on the forums and completely and totally overreact, say some stupid things, and then take them all back tomorrow morning.

But instead of all that let's just win. 

What would this board be if you didn't?