GDT: Devils @ Boston 7:00 PM

MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, Triumph said:

I think what happened on that Wood play, now that I know that the refs apologized, is that one ref called a cross-check and one ref called interference on the same exact play, which I don't think the rulebook allows.  Referees have to communicate with one another about what they are calling.  

The Devils didn't play a great game overall, but they played a solid road game in a back to back scenario.  They played a very simple game, a lot of point shots and tip plays, and managed 2 5 on 5 goals.  Just couldn't put anything else together and of course the goalie gets hurt and there's a terrible penalty goal and an incredible fluke goal.

If they can keep playing this way, they'll win some games - just have to hope the goaltending can hold up.

They should have sent Miller to the box too. Agree with your assessment - I'm not disappointed with the team effort just wish our veteran players had the balls. Can't ask much of the youngsters.

Edited by Devs64
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

missed the game but looked for the Marchand elbow. The only angle i could find it did look accidental. But once i saw that other angle i think it's clear he knew.

Typical Marchand. Not the first time. But the SOB is a good player. 

He may get a couple games off but that's not gonna help us. Anybody hear if Marcus is hurt? 

And his goal was world class. Go figure the pos can actually play yet he repeatedly pulls his cheap ass sh!t. 

Edited by titans04

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

You know what would've been nice? His acknowledgement right AFTER he made the call, and quickly amending it to a 2:00 penalty. Acknowledging it when it's too late doesn't do jack sh!t. It's infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry but it wasn't even a 2:00 minute penalty. If it is, then what is the retaliatory cross check worth? Or the one on Nico?

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

Not reading the whole thread, just finished watching the game. The double minor on Wood was the softest call I've ever seen. The clock issues were a bush league joke. Marchand needs to have his jaw broken. Start Appleby on Thursday even if Cory can go, give him the extra rest. 

This was the most infuriating game of the season cause they played really well for the most part tonight. If that fvcking effort was there last night against Detroit they would have killed them. 

2018 can go fvck itself.

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Triumph said:

It was in a 1 goal game and probably no one saw it.  It would've spoken volumes if they had gone after him.

I only really saw it on the replay from the reverse angle. First time, in real time, it looked completely accidental. 

5 hours ago, Devs64 said:

May sound stupid, but maybe Appleby can turn this team around? Remember Murrey when Fleury went down in Pitts? They were a top Cup contender of course, but still...

At the time, Murray had put up 70 games of .935 goaltending in the AHL. All kinds of weird and crazy stuff happens with goaltenders, maybe he goes on a run, but it'd be extremely unlikely.  

6 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Not reading the whole thread, just finished watching the game. The double minor on Wood was the softest call I've ever seen. The clock issues were a bush league joke. Marchand needs to have his jaw broken. Start Appleby on Thursday even if Cory can go, give him the extra rest. 

This was the most infuriating game of the season cause they played really well for the most part tonight. If that fvcking effort was there last night against Detroit they would have killed them. 

2018 can go fvck itself.

Pretty much this. Forget Hynes calling for revenge on Marchand though. Mr. "Take the Highroad" won't do anything of the sort.  With that said, there are 2 players on this team willing to smash his face in...Wood and Santini (if he's playing). Let's hope at least one of them responds when the Bruins come to the Rock on 2/11. I want blood. That cheap shot POS should leave the ice with broken bones or a concussion.  

That aside, this team feels like it took a softer, less offensive, and slower identity when Zajac returned. I can't wait for him and Greene's contracts to come up in 2 years. This team needs young fiesty players who can put the puck in net. 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Pretty much this. Forget Hynes calling for revenge on Marchand though. Mr. "Take the Highroad" won't do anything of the sort.  With that said, there are 2 players on this team willing to smash his face in...Wood and Santini (if he's playing). Let's hope at least one of them responds when the Bruins come to the Rock on 2/11. I want blood. That cheap shot POS should leave the ice with broken bones or a concussion.  

Honestly, I am not sure what some of you people have been watching, but its been at least 15 years since hockey was played this way. Nothing is going to happen. At best, someone will fight him, punches will be thrown, some will land, nobody will get hurt and they'll move on. That's how the game is played now. 

Rant time!

After having a night to sleep on it, I’m still furious with the game last night. Not because they lost but how they lost. I’d say a good 20 of the first 30-35 minutes we were controlling them. Yeah they had an odd man rush or two but the threats were minimal.

Then the refs got involved. Considering how much bubble wrap they put on what seems like any team but us when it comes to hits near the boards, I’m still not happy there wasn’t a cross check or a boarding minor for the initial hit that lead to the Woods absolutely asinine double minor. And to @Triumph‘s point about not being sure they can confer about what calls they’re making: if they can literally huddle up about everything else including linesman calling (I think) high sticks/blood, then they had better have the ability to say what do you have and on who.

Then MoJo took a dumb penalty. sh!t like that happens, not faulting anyone but the player.

Then the clock fiasco gave the Bruins a convenient delay to catch their wind, rest their first PP unit which then came right back out to start the second half of the 5 on 3. It shouldn’t have happened the first time, then it happened twice and cause a delay of game. In this day and age, there is no excuse for that, it’s a button push. When The Rock has malfunctions, they kill that part of the board and fix it. They also have someone competent to keep a backup clock and not look at the refs dumbfoundedly when they try to figure out how to do math and take time off of the penalties. The fact they then had to have another 5 minute delay to figure out what penalty came off from the goal and the clock was still screwed up is an indictment for the state of the NHL. These guys are paid to know the rules cold. There is zero excuse for it. If I am not mistaken, and someone please correct me, but the time keeper and official scorer are also NHL employees and not that of the home team. Further proving that the incompetency was real last night with the NHL.

Lastly, Marchand better be suspended. Accidental or not, injury or not, if a guy like Cogliano with no priors can get suspended for an accidental hit where Kempe didn’t even miss a shift and I think got an assist on the ensuing PP, a piece of sh!t like Marchand should get 2 games for lunging needlessly at MoJo’s freaking head. How many times this year have we all been on here after controversial something happening to our team, yet the opponent gets away scott free?

/rant

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Honestly, I am not sure what some of you people have been watching, but its been at least 15 years since hockey was played this way. Nothing is going to happen. At best, someone will fight him, punches will be thrown, some will land, nobody will get hurt and they'll move on. That's how the game is played now. 

I’d say it’s been since post lockout, so more like 12 years, but yeah, it’s been a different game for quite some time. 

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’d say it’s been since post lockout, so more like 12 years, but yeah, it’s been a different game for quite some time. 

Ok, 12 instead of 15. I think we understand each other. 

6 minutes ago, Marshall said:

FWIW, Marchand will have a hearing.

A hearing having been set, I can't imagine he doesn't get 2 games. Especially with his history of being a douche. 

• Like 1

I'm starting to think that the hockey gods are against us this season. so many calls that have gone against us that just donot in winning seasons.

I'm not suggesting a conspiracy at all, I believe puck luck is a funny thing, and over the long period does equal out, but it just seems like all the puck luck ( and a lot of bad calls) are going against us this season. 

I thought last night was 1 of our best games considering no hall, and all the injuries that seem to happen during the game.

Things need to turn around quickly or playoffs will not happen again...

• Like 2

Other than Lovejoy sucking on the 3rd GA, have nothing but good things to say about this game as far as how the team played. I hope Wood runs Marchand and sends him through the glass next game. What a POS. If Johansson has another concussion, that would be...not good. Second one in about a month.

Other than Lovejoy sucking on the 3rd GA, have nothing but good things to say about this game as far as how the team played. I hope Wood runs Marchand and sends him through the glass next game. What a POS. If Johansson has another concussion, that would be...not good. Second one in about a month.

It would still have been a 5 on 3 and they would still have scored. Irrelevant. 

True, but I'm sick of constantly being on the wrong end of these calls. It would be nice to be the beneficiary of the ref dumbfvckery for once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Derlique said:

He hated it so much, he said it 3 times, trying to channel Beetlejuice??

As much as it sucked and of course it was the dirtbag Marchand that capitalized, I was okay with the pinch. We had good pressure and if the puck stays in, we keep the cycle going. Puck luck wasn't in our favor at all as it went off Lovejoys stick, just as the first goal goes in off Vats stick [second game in a row that's happened]