2018 Offseason Thread

LittleBallofHate

10 hours ago, aclc79 said:

Shero's track record is really good, and he has done great here, especially with what he was left with.  I trust him completely,  building for the long-term.  Keep piling up those draft picks!

the only one who's trust shero needs is hall's..  without taylor we are a bad team  so how long term will he stand for? its not a knock on shero, things arent black and white...hes been good but it still a difficult situation

10 minutes ago, EdgeControl said:

the only one who's trust shero needs is hall's..  without taylor we are a bad team  so how long term will he stand for? its not a knock on shero, things arent black and white...hes been good but it still a difficult situation

Well it was Shero’s talk with Hall that pushed him to find another gear and become an MVP, so Hall knows first hand what Shero can do as a GM. 

37 minutes ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I don't respect him, though. I don't know why anyone respects him. My only regret is that he didn't die before terrorizing his fiance. 

I agree. And honestly, I don’t understand why people give a sh!t that he died. Or celebrities in general, people get more emotional over the death of an actor than they do a member of their own family. 

Just now, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

Good term, good amount of years, great 3rd/4th line player, great locker room guy. Very happy. 

Yeah I can't see how anyone would dislike the deal...don't think there's that much to discuss about it, so didn't make a new thread. Maybe people would want more term? IDK I just don't think you give a 4th liner more than 3 years though.

Really liked what he brought this past year, felt like he was kind of a replacement as far as l attitude to what we lost in the Henrique trade.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

I agree. And honestly, I don’t understand why people give a sh!t that he died. Or celebrities in general, people get more emotional over the death of an actor than they do a member of their own family. 

Cause often an actor or musician can have a bigger impact on who you are than a family member you only saw once a year at christmas

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Cause often an actor or musician can have a bigger impact on who you are than a family member you only saw once a year at christmas

Agreed. For example, Carrie Fisher’s death really bummed me out. I’ve been a Star Wars fan since I was a little kid, so that one sucked. 

4 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Agreed. For example, Carrie Fisher’s death really bummed me out. I’ve been a Star Wars fan since I was a little kid, so that one sucked. 

I was bummed out when Tom Petty passed, but not to the point of making crying posts about it on the snapchats. [I also don't have snapchat so....]

and hell yeah for Pickle Juice! Only Nose is our only threat to get to arb [read: still negotiating with], right?

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I almost brought up that specific example. Mark Hamill and Michael J. Fox had a bigger impact and were more of a role model than almost my whole family lol

44 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

Coleman signs 3 years $1.8 mil AAV

Smart, fair, no complaints, deal feels just right. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

That's fine, but you're making it a fringe family member. If you are OK when your dad dies, but Ray Emery's death makes you cry and unable to function, you've got issues. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kinkyisth3b3st said:

I don't respect him, though. I don't know why anyone respects him. My only regret is that he didn't die before terrorizing his fiance. 

That's fine. Like I said it's not about respect. It has more to do with human nature and the tendency of people to think "I could be next, better keep my karma in check" so they won't be honest about the person. Death is still taboo. 

44 minutes ago, dmann422 said:

Yeah I can't see how anyone would dislike the deal...don't think there's that much to discuss about it, so didn't make a new thread. Maybe people would want more term? IDK I just don't think you give a 4th liner more than 3 years though.

Really liked what he brought this past year, felt like he was kind of a replacement as far as l attitude to what we lost in the Henrique trade.

I don't have an issue with it, I'd have been fine at $2m/3yrs or the same $1.8m/4years. 

Especially if he improves on last year. He could wind up being very underpaid by year 3. Let's hope, anyway. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That's fine, but you're making it a fringe family member. If you are OK when your dad dies, but Ray Emery's death makes you cry and unable to function, you've got issues. 

Yeah but you're making it a fringe celebrity lol

I don't think anyone would be okay with their dad dying but not be hockey for a celebrity like Ray Emery

I cried when Ryan Dunn died.  He killed another guy while drunk driving but he was still someone I looked up to as a kid watching CKY tapes and Jackass.  I think when celebrities with less-than-nice pasts die and people mourn, sometimes is more of "i regret that they did these things before they died" and less "i respect them".  Dunn was a great guy though, just made a really bad decision and wound up having two families miss their sons.

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

I was bummed out when Tom Petty passed, but not to the point of making crying posts about it on the snapchats. [I also don't have snapchat so....]

and hell yeah for Pickle Juice! Only Nose is our only threat to get to arb [read: still negotiating with], right?

Noesen just signed too. 1 year, 1.725mil. He will still be a restricted free agent after the deal is up.

• Like 1