What’s your max offer for Tavares

Daniel

On 6/25/2018 at 4:37 PM, mfitz804 said:

It’s disappointing because Hall and JT together would be unstoppable. 

At first I thought we were a perfect fit, but once I saw JT’s lust, it became clear why we’re not. He’s looking for a Golden State Warriors situation, minus Dallas which is an anomaly. He’s not looking to build a winner, he’s looking to join a winner. 

Would they be?  Dallas has Seguin + Benn who are basically in the same class if not better than JTavs.  Those 2 individually are crazy good, but Dallas still sucks year to year.  Team has to have the right pieces in place, the right coaching, etc., outside the top talent.  I'm not suggesting Tavares+Hall would not be lethal, but the holistic picture has to be looked at.  I am sticking to my previous post that 13m is way too much for the Devils or any team to pay Tavares in order to get the on ice "team" return for the investment.  

12 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Pavelski had his grandma get involved. It's all over now boys! Tavares is probably signing the papers with a glass of milk and some of grandma Pavelski's famous home made chocolate chip cookies.

This just isn't fair, no other team has a chance now.  No one can relate to JT quite like an 80-year-old Polish woman. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Nah dude. Let him go. I'd much rather him go to a team we never have to play. Idk why Dallas either, but Dallas/SJ > any other team on that list hands down.

This is true, good point.  West would be the best option for us.

God forbid he picks fvcking Tampa.

23 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Why the hell would you be furious? A division rival will be a much worse team and he’ll be in the West.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Furious in the sense that we definitely could've afforded such a bargain deal.

But you guys are correct - having him out West would be way better.

23 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I wouldn't be pissed if he went to Dallas on that deal.  With no state income tax he would probably be taking home the same amount as a bigger deal elsewhere.

https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/tavares-calculator

So.. assuming the math with this calculator is correct, JT would net pretty much the same salary on a 7 year, 12M deal with Tampa or Dallas as he would on an 8 year 13.5M deal with the Islanders.

...can..can I bitch about taxes for a second?  This seems like an incredibly unfair advantage.  

21 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

So.. assuming the math with this calculator is correct, JT would net pretty much the same salary on a 7 year, 12M deal with Tampa or Dallas as he would on an 8 year 13.5M deal with the Islanders.

...can..can I bitch about taxes for a second?  This seems like an incredibly unfair advantage.  

Nope, but you can vote republican 😉

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Thought of this instantly, heh heh.

And none of this is meant to offend or start a political debate...especially since I am neither Democrat nor Republican. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And none of this is meant to offend or start a political debate...especially since I am neither Democrat nor Republican. 

OH I'M SORRY I DIDN'T REALIZE WE HAD DIRTY COMMIES ON THIS BOARD

:P

13 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I find any show that has a laugh track to be basically unwatchable now for me. Just find it so annoying.

Supposedly the Wilpons are exploring adding laugh tracks to Mets games to make them more tolerable...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Supposedly the Wilpons are exploring adding laugh tracks to Mets games to make them more tolerable...

Seems unnecessary or repetitive...they already have 40,000 people laughing in the stands every time they take the field.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

1 hour ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

Didn't baseball do something to try to even the playing field out for teams that are in areas with higher taxation like giving them a smaller boost to the cap? Maybe I am remembering or it was a rumor that they thought about it. 

19 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Seems unnecessary or repetitive...they already have 40,000 people laughing in the stands every time they take the field.

No, they're the ones crying.  And pretty soon it will be 15,000 people max.

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Merp....they have to rub it in....TSN:

image.png.e2942c791af071dc18b1c7c4ea327067.png

Image result for anger gif

Also, how about Parise?  Maybe not a true superstar but at the time he was pretty much one of the top wingers in the game.

Lou Lams and his expert negotiation tactics.

Edited by Devilsfan118
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Also, how about Parise?  Maybe not a true superstar but at the time he was pretty much one of the top wingers in the game.

Lou Lams and his expert negotiation tactics.

Parise was a glaring oversight as well. Everyone on earth should have known he was not signing here long term when he signed the 1 year deal after his injury. He used us to show he was healthy to get a bigger contract in free agency. He had no intention of staying here. 

Perhaps his career wasn't long enough yet at that point to call him a superstar. But aside from the injury season, that's 5 years of 30+ goals and 60+ points, plus two of them were 82 and 94 point seasons. If he wasn't a superstar, he was well on his way. 

20 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Like how Elias almost walked to our most hated cross river rival because Lou never called him? Genius.

Lou (according to Elias) pretty much told Patrik "Good luck wherever you go, we can't afford you!"  Sounds cold for sure, but when you look at the cap hell the Devils were in for a while, Lou wasn't really that far off base.  Doesn't mean that I'm not ultimately happy that Elias actually had the stones to call Lou to give the Devils one last chance to keep him, but the Devils' cap was a mess for a while, and Patrik's cap hit definitely made things very tight (of course McGillis and Malakhov weren't exactly helping the situation either). 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Parise was a glaring oversight as well. Everyone on earth should have known he was not signing here long term when he signed the 1 year deal after his injury. He used us to show he was healthy to get a bigger contract in free agency. He had no intention of staying here. 

Perhaps his career wasn't long enough yet at that point to call him a superstar. But aside from the injury season, that's 5 years of 30+ goals and 60+ points, plus two of them were 82 and 94 point seasons. If he wasn't a superstar, he was well on his way. 

Can't really blame Lou for not trading him.  We probably don't make the SCF without Zach.

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Can't really blame Lou for not trading him.  We probably don't make the SCF without Zach.