GDT: Devils at Chicago 8:30 2/14

Antiquated Colorado Rockie

13 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

No worries, we are the undisputed # 31 at the end of this season.

Except that isn't true. I wish it was, but we need a lot to fall into place. Unmentioned in my post was the fact that Detroit winning was at the expense of Ottawa who is still three points behind us, unfortunately 

I think we will fall somewhere in the bottom five for sure. Nights like this are especially helpful considering Chicago was so close to us. Just keep piling up these L's, who fvcking cares at this point. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Huge game for the tank. Chicago now 7pts clear, Colorado won, 7pts clear, Florida won: 6pts clear, Detroit won, 3pts clear of us. LAK tied right now.

I can't even get excited about that since finishing 31st doesn't gurantee the #1 overall pick anyway. The way this season has gone we'll finish last and still lose the lotto. Can't wait. 

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I can't even get excited about that since finishing 31st doesn't gurantee the #1 overall pick anyway. The way this season has gone we'll finish last and still lose the lotto. Can't wait. 

I am not excited about it, but it's just a light at the end of the tunnel. These games are miserable and I feel like an idiot for even watching them because it's the same sh!t every night. Regardless, I doubt we come in 31st anyway. Ottawa has a massive head start on it and will only be worse when they trade Stone and Duchene. I just want us to have the best chance at picking in the top five. The "#RELENTLESS" year where they were semi-competent landed us Michael McLeod. The bottoming out of 2016-17 landed us Nico Hischier.

If we're going to suck, then let's suck all the way. fvck it.

1 hour ago, Devs64 said:

Feels like no one on this board gives a sh.t any more. 

Anyone who actually continues to watch this trash over and over and over again this season and even goes so far to talk about it on here clearly gives a sh!t. 

Let me into the locker room and I'll make a quick stop at the supermarket before hand and I'll throw every single jelly jar I can buy across the room. I'd probably scare sad sack Cory so bad he would actually get a win next time he played. 

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Anyone who actually continues to watch this trash over and over and over again this season and even goes so far to talk about it on here clearly gives a sh!t. 

Let me into the locker room and I'll make a quick stop at the supermarket before hand and I'll throw every single jelly jar I can buy across the room. I'd probably scare sad sack Cory so bad he would actually get a win next time he played. 

You should have stopped by their locker room in November.

32 minutes ago, Steven M. said:

Except that isn't true. I wish it was, but we need a lot to fall into place. Unmentioned in my post was the fact that Detroit winning was at the expense of Ottawa who is still three points behind us, unfortunately 

I think we will fall somewhere in the bottom five for sure. Nights like this are especially helpful considering Chicago was so close to us. Just keep piling up these L's, who fvcking cares at this point. 

Whatever happens, Ray has to be super active spending the money.

15 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

Whatever happens, Ray has to be super active spending the money.

you mean about as active as he was this past off season? Ray spent so much I'm not sure we have much left.. I mean, wild thought but maybe thats why were in this situation to begin with and if you ask some posters around here they will tell you we need all the money we have just to sign hall and Nico.

8 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

What do you want from us? We'd have no hair left at this point. You have to start laughing it off to stay sane. 

I was gonna say the same thing.  What do you expect?  I'm one of the most optimistic people on this board when it comes to our team and having the 'never say die attitude' and being anti-tank, but at this point they're just bad.  Not sure about anyone else, but mfitz and I were in agreement on this in the sense that this team can't win even if it tries.   I can't believe we're back here, but it's the same as it was two years ago.  We might actually be worse than we were two years ago.  I know we have Hall, Wood, and Vatanen out right now, but the roster we are icing at the moment is quite sad.  

My birthday is in two weeks and every year it seems like we tend to play on that day which is awesome, and we do again this year as well, but I can't even watch and hope we win, because there's no point.  It's really sad, but the next four months can't come fast enough.  I'm already looking forward to the draft and free agency.  Last year was great because we finally had a winning season and something to enjoy, and it seemed like we might have been on the right track, but this season has been such a 180 and a disappointment, that I'm already starved for fun hockey and something to be excited about.  It's hard to describe, but this season really left a giant void.

Some very strange things happen after yet another brutal loss...like the sudden urge to channel the Weird Al Yankovic that lies dormant within all of us, just waiting to be summoned from his slumber...

Sung from Cory "Sad Sack" Schneider's point of view:

There's a lot of black pucks in my net todaaaaaaaaaay

It's the same ol' sh!t, just a diff'rent daaaaaaaaaaay

Yet another goal scored as I flip and floooooooooop

All the fans want to know, will my losing stoooooooooop

I have stood here before, beside my stall post-game

Everyone always wondering am I still in pain

I guess I could be bawling like my pal Kinkaid

But is it my destiny, to never win agaaaaaaaaaaaain?

There's a lot of black pucks in my net todaaaaaaaaaay  (Yep we lost again)

It's the same ol' sh!t, just a diff'rent daaaaaaaaaaay (Yep we lost again)

The coach and GM, they say they have no dooooooooooubts (Yep we lost again)

But there's a stench in the air, it reeks of a buy-ooooooooooout (Yep we lost again)

The losses pile up, just how low can we go-ooooooooo (Yep we lost again)

How exactly in hell, did we start four and ooooooooooooo (Yep we lost again)

With the right Ping-Pong ball, we can get first piiiiiiiiiiiiiick! (Yep we lost again)

It's a good way to build, except in Ed-mont-tooooooooooon (Yep we lost again)

There's the standings...just how far can these Devils fall?

There's a bald man, hoping for the return of Taylor Hall

There's the GM, don't know how he'll fill our many needs

There's my teammates, choking up a two goal...LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAD!

LOSE AGAIN!!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

My favorite Police song too....

Yeah that's way up on my Police list too...they had a lot of good ones...