2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Maybe last year’s Devils could’ve made a deep run this year. 

I’ll tell you what- the East all the sudden is wiiiiiide open now.

3 minutes ago, CarterforPresident said:

Gratz to Lou! Not getting past Washington though. No one is imo.

The Caps have a pretty decent shot to repeat now.

12 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I’ll say it now but wouldn’t be surprised to see Tampa spend the next year getting treated as a joke only to pull a UVA when 2020 playoffs start

It's not quite the same getting beaten by a 61-64 speed as getting beaten by an 8 seed,but I see your point. If Cooper keeps his job.

30 minutes ago, titans04 said:

More proof that the best and often finesse regular season champs get beat by the heavier bigger teams in the playoffs. Size matters boys in the playoffs more often than not. 

Most of their size seems to be on their blue line. 

Hedman 6’ 6” 223

Coburn 6’ 5” 223

Cernak 6’ 4” 225

Sergachev 6’ 3” 215

Rutta 6’ 3” 200

Gaunce 6’ 2” 204

McDonagh 6’ 1” 215

• Like 1

8 hours ago, point said:

Crosby held to ZERO points by Isles. Crazy night in the NHL

He had an assist on the only goal of Game 4

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

so Pittsburgh will be picking 16th and Tampa 17th. 

I wish Tampa would have lost in the finals so that the Rangers doesnt get a first round pick and that Tampa's second is way further down but wtv... it is what it is

Pitt may be picking 16th but according to CapFriendly, since Tampa won the division with the highest points of a division winner, they’re locked at 27th:

• Like 1

Pacioretty & Stone have really stepped up for the Knights and Theodore scored a beauty last night. I'd love to see them knock out the Sharks as I have an irrational dislike of Pete DeBoer.

Tampa just didn't seem to have an answer for anything CBJ threw at them. Appart from the first period of the first game Bob was fantastic in goal but I can't beleive how many chances both teams were giving up last night. That was a really fun series to watch.

As for the Islanders series where the hell were Malkin & Crosby? They weren't a factor at all but credit to the Isles who seemed to have much more desire a& determination to win it. Is there any chance that Eberle won't re-sign for them? He could be a very good signing if Shero could pull that off.

• Like 1

Truly stunned that Tampa rolled over like this.  I just can't believe it.  

Lots of blame to go around, but how does your coach not have you ready to play in games 3 and 4?  Make some adjustments or SOMETHING, Christ.

Good for the Islanders.  I suspect we'll start to really hate them again as we begin to be relevant again, but for now.. I can enjoy them taking the Penguins out relatively guilt-free.  

In the SJ-LV series.. boy has Karlsson looked.. bad.  Really bad.  He's still probably going to get PAID in the offseason.. but I question whether he's worth it at this point.

Karlsson's goal-scoring has really dried up too...he averaged 19 G per 82 GP from 2011-12 through 2016-17.  He also averaged 81 GP per season in the five non-lockout years in that stretch.  He's scored 12 G over the last two seasons, covering 124 GP (8 G per 82 GP), and he's missed a total of 38 GP over those two years to boot.  He's still put up plenty of points (107 total), but yeah, whatever high-priced deal he signs has serious albatross potential.