2019-20 Around the League Thread

CommonDreads

Today we can’t boo to diva kakka for his divas words. And pk is a bad guy because he did something in nondevils Jersey and we have to blame our own star player. Tomorrow what? Dm rename this site to nyrags?

Edited by Guadana

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i'm a bit late as i just saw this on a recap on tv... but i don't remember seeing this here? maybe i just missed it though.

Anyhow it's this Rangers kid who threw his medal in the crowd last year. Pretty amazing.

That kid will be hearing about that from his friends and teammates for the rest of his life lol.

Edited by MadDog2020

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i'm a bit late as i just saw this on a recap on tv... but i don't remember seeing this here? maybe i just missed it though.

Anyhow it's this Rangers kid who threw his medal in the crowd last year. Pretty amazing.

You can even see the cable he trips on in the video freeze frame

25 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Kakko found a way to be a -2 playing on the first line in a 6-2 win.

Ouch

And all his former linemates had great nights, Howden 1g1a, Strome 2g, Lemieux 1a

Love this sh!t

Edited by Crisis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Kakko found a way to be a -2 playing on the first line in a 6-2 win.

Ouch

I was criticized for talking about his stupid comments, and you're going to criticize his plus/minus in one game that they won? That's inconsistent at best. 

I watched a bit of Nashville vs Minnesota last night.  4-0 win for Smashville.  I don't really have any animosity toward Parise but it never gets old watching him and Suter just toil in irrelevance in Minnesota.  The Preds fans don't even seem to waste the effort to boo Suter anymore.  Still 6 years to go on those contracts as well... 

Image result for guinness brilliant   

Edited by Lateralous
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I watched a bit of Nashville vs Minnesota last night.  4-0 win for Smashville.  I don't really have any animosity toward Parise but it never gets old watching him and Suter just toil in irrelevance in Minnesota.  The Preds fans don't even seem to waste the effort to boo Suter anymore.  Still 6 years to go on those contracts as well... 

I watched some of that game, too. Minnesota is really bad. 

I wish we could get Dumba from them. 

48 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

You know, I like to consider myself to not be a vengeful person but..

Oh hell who am I kidding, I'm vengeful and petty af.  I love that Parise and Suter are probably going to waste away the rest of their careers rotting in Minnesota while they go through a hilariously drastic rebuild.  Fenton did a hell of a number on that roster.

I'm just hoping no one extends them an olive branch and offers to take Parise off their hands.. 

Edited by Devilsfan118

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

An appreciation / understand towards someone for someone being candid with the media doesn’t preclude me for commenting on his game moving forward. 

I watched the game and he had his worst game of his career. I don’t think that says anything about consistency.

I don’t think you understood. 

So, a last minute scratch of Jesper Fast landed Kakko on the first line with Kreider tonight against the Bruins and...OOF. He was also a -4.

1274105812_Screenshot_2019-10-27BostonBruinsNewYorkRangers2019-10-27.png.d8a7a355c06dbb589063a53ecd8cc601.png

To be fair they were without Fast and their first line center - Zibanejad left the game during the first period with an injury and the lines got mixed around a bit. When Kakko and Kreider were together, they were awful. He had more success with Lemieux though.

Edited by Neb00rs

I'd put money on Kakko getting sent to Hartford for a bit, he looks lost out there; built like a veteran, but doesn't use his body at all, so what good is that (for now)?

I don't like rooting for a kid to fail, and not that's really what I'm doing here. But the amount of trolling Rangers did for 3+ months before the season on EVERY NHL or Devils post about Hughes, in EVERY Hughes article comment section, right through the first week of the season... man, that arrogant and petulant fanbase deserves a headline bust, big time.

Edited by DJ Eco

12 minutes ago, DJ Eco said:

I'd put money on Kakko getting sent to Hartford for a bit, he looks lost out there; built like a veteran, but doesn't use his body at all, so what good is that (for now)?

I don't like rooting for a kid to fail, and not that's really what I'm doing here. But the amount of trolling Rangers did for 3+ months before the season on EVERY NHL or Devils post about Hughes, in EVERY Hughes article comment section, right through the first week of the season... man, that arrogant and petulant fanbase deserves a headline bust, big time.

I know it's semantics, but he's an adult. I have zero qualms about rooting for him to fail. He's a young man whos about to make millions playing in the greatest sport in the world, living in NYC, and playing for a "historic" franchise. 

He's also a Ranger, he can get bent. Hope he rots in Hartford.

• Like 8