Fire Hynes

Daniel

12 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

That or nobody'll be there to actually do it.  Or the deed will actually be done and our long state-wide nightmare will be over with.

I've been very skeptical of Hynes being fired since the whole Fitz nonsense but this is the first time where I really think it's imminent now.  If he isn't fired by noon tomorrow I'll actually be surprised.  They've quit and look like they don't even know how to play hockey to begin with.  We are now in MacLean territory.

I think he's got another game at least.  While our beat writers are useless, we should have gotten at least a hint by now from one of the TSN or Sportsnet people or even Wyshinski if something were imminent.  Seriously, it is not very hard to see what happened tonight along with the Taylor Hall news on Saturday and ask someone who might know something when its happening. 

My opinion is that Shero has given up on the season already and his first priority is to trade Hall, although being the useless braindead loser that he is doesn't realize that having an awful coach is not the best way to maximize his trade value.  Whatever the case, after that's done, he'll probably let Hynes play out the rest of the season, primarily to get the best lottery odds possible but also because he realizes that there is no one in the organization who would be a capable interim coach, which is another thing that reflects poorly on him.  There's also the loyalty factor.  Then, when the season is over, if there's an American coach on the market he likes, that's who he'll go after. 

Edited by Daniel

1 hour ago, sundstrom said:

10:30am practice tomorrow in between back to backs. 

good bye Hynes. 

Yeah it looks like the liberation is finally upon us.  Having an early-morning practice on a travel back-to-back is highly unlikely for a mere bag skate even if punishment is deserved.

Edited by NJDevs4978

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Am I the only one who feels the opposite?  Maybe the before-game practice was canceled because Hynes is getting the boot and therefore there's no one to hold a practice session?  

When have they ever had a mandatory morning skate on the second half of back to backs? I’d put money down saying it’s under 5% of the time.

That being said, if Hynes is allowed to coach this team tonight, Ray Shero is then admitting he too is part of the problem. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

When have they ever had a mandatory morning skate on the second half of back to backs? I’d put money down saying it’s under 5% of the time.

That being said, if Hynes is allowed to coach this team tonight, Ray Shero is then admitting he too is part of the problem. 

Agreed. If I'm ownership, I'm already rethinking Ray as the leader. He's on thin ice - I look at Fitz, Marty sitting right there. 

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You're right.  I don't know why I keep thinking he'll be gone.  Maybe I just can't believe it.

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

True - so you think if they had a morning skate today, it would indicate Hynes has been let go?  I see that point, but, didn't they just say there's no morning skate today?

4 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

You're right.  I don't know why I keep thinking he'll be gone.  Maybe I just can't believe it.

True - so you think if they had a morning skate today, it would indicate Hynes has been let go?  I see that point, but, didn't they just say there's no morning skate today?

I think if they had a morning skate today, the players would have had their agents bitching. I know Buffalo is only a 45 minute flight, maybe less on a private jet, but they’ll get in late, then won’t want to practice today. I understand that part. 

what I don’t understand is how Shero can accept back to back embarrassing losses where they were out scored 11-1. Never mind the freaking record, with this lineup that type of skid alone should get someone fired. Yes there are bad days/weeks in hockey but for fvcks sake Ray, open your fvcking eyes.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

The fact that you guys think you can pinpoint the exact moment of something that may not even happen is more entertaining than our on-ice product this year. 

I'm still amazed that there doesn't seem to be that "final straw" moment, in a season that's had multiple.  I just saw what qualified as two of them in the last three days alone.