Schneider to be placed on waivers at 12 noon

Mitico12

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Sad way to go out. Schneider came here and played out of his mind for years on a team that couldn't give him any defense or goal support. Bad timing. 

Sadly this is the part that too many will forget.  There were games where Schneider was just about the only draw.  But since his full Age 30 season, he's put up a .904 save%.  His career save% before that was .925.  It's amazing how far off his play has dropped, especially since he's not that old.  He's a little like the goalie version of Gomez and Friesen...their level of play also plummeted while they were still relatively young. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

End of an era. The timing was just awful. He was incredible when we were sh!t. He was sh!t when we were competent. 

players like Schneider should remind everyone just how spectacular brodeur was. 

Devils were basically able to pen in Marty for 70+ games going into every season from his Age 23 though Age 37 seasons...he played in 985 regular season games in those years (just those years alone would rank him 3rd all-time for regular season games played by a goalie), and in only one of those years did he miss extended time due to injury.  Freakish durability and a freakishly long prime.  Really was insane that he was able to be so effective for so long. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

He has done everything asked of him. I was delighted when Lou picked him up and he showed why in his early days. As others have said it's a a shame that his best stint coincidence with the rest of the team being absolute hot garbage. 

Really sad way for him to go. Very, very odd timing for this. I am sure all the details will come out in the wash. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

He has done everything asked of him. I was delighted when Lou picked him up and he showed why in his early days. As others have said it's a a shame that his best stint coincidence with the rest of the team being absolute hot garbage. 

Really sad way for him to go. Very, very odd timing for this. I am sure all the details will come out in the wash. 

My guess is the combination of Blackwood's last few games plus Domingue playing decently in the AHL was what solidified it. 

As everyone else has said, sad ending for Cory. He was a great get at the time and I remember everyone being terrified that he wasn't going to re-sign back then. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Sad day, but a must for this team to go forward. Unlike others Im not mad at Lou for his current contract, because the guy really was a star at the time.  I think his injuries have just become too much to overcome at his age.

Big question though, who is our new goalie?

That seems pretty obvious. Its time to see what Mac can do. Unless you mean the backup, which will be Domingue 

What a shame.  Really loved watching this guy.  Was in the building for the trade with one of my buddies who is a Vancouver fan.  I'll never forget the response from the crowd when Bettman started that sentence with "I think you're going to want to hear this."

I know how unlikely it is but I really hope he can get a lot of consecutive starts in Bingo and eventually work his way out of this extended slump.  Luongo mentioned just how long the recovery is for this type of surgery (2 years) so I'm hanging onto that.

Certainly time to see what Mac can do but to me it's more about Cory showing absolutely nothing day in and day out in practices to give them any kind of hope that he can pick his game up. So put a fork in him was the call. Domingue imo is as good as Mac at this time but I don't think it's a given either one is going to be good enough. Being better than Cory doesn't help in the big picture. For Mac he's going from show us what you got to don't royally fvck this up now that the ball is firmly in your court. The one thing that was abundantly clear for the last couple of years was Cory was effectively done.

3 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Certainly time to see what Mac can do but to me it's more about Cory showing absolutely nothing day in and day out in practices to give them any kind of hope that he can pick his game up. So put a fork in him was the call. Domingue imo is as good as Mac at this time but I don't think it's a given either one is going to be good enough. Being better than Cory doesn't help in the big picture. For Mac he's going from show us what you got to don't royally fvck this up now that the ball is firmly in your court. The one thing that was abundantly clear for the last couple of years was Cory was effectively done.

They might not be good enough at the moment, but the assumption is also that Blackwood isn't a finished product yet. Its more than just Mac not messing up. Its also giving Mac a chance to grow without the Cory storyline in the locker room. Domingue is good for that because he'll push Mac a bit but now there's no question who the guy is at the moment

• Like 1