Schneider to be placed on waivers at 12 noon

Mitico12

I will NEVER forget the absolute excitement I had when I got back into cell service that day and saw we acquired him. He was quite literally the only positive on some of our crappy teams and he rolled with it as a solid teammate and a member of the organization.

He was the consummate professional, and constantly tried to take the responsibility from his teammates.

That said, he wasn't the same guy as he was when we acquired him, and each time we hoped he'd figure out, something set him back...

All the best to him as he hopefully can move onto another organization and regain his career.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

If Schneider is LTIR that does make me wonder if him leaving the first game after playing awesome for 2 periods was him re-injuring his hip and not the cramps excuse we got.

That was the first time I ever saw a goalie leave a game for cramps. Not saying it hasn't happened, but a first for me.

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

If Schneider is LTIR that does make me wonder if him leaving the first game after playing awesome for 2 periods was him re-injuring his hip and not the cramps excuse we got.

But he hasn't been LTIRed and if they were going to LTIR him, why waive him.

Not that I don't agree with your theory, cause it would make perfect sense. like @njdevils1214 said, I also have never see anyone leave a game with cramps before

2 minutes ago, jagknife said:

But he hasn't been LTIRed and if they were going to LTIR him, why waive him.

Not that I don't agree with your theory, cause it would make perfect sense. like @njdevils1214 said, I also have never see anyone leave a game with cramps before

It's just my tinfoil hat theory lol.

56 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Certainly time to see what Mac can do but to me it's more about Cory showing absolutely nothing day in and day out in practices to give them any kind of hope that he can pick his game up. So put a fork in him was the call. Domingue imo is as good as Mac at this time but I don't think it's a given either one is going to be good enough. Being better than Cory doesn't help in the big picture. For Mac he's going from show us what you got to don't royally fvck this up now that the ball is firmly in your court. The one thing that was abundantly clear for the last couple of years was Cory was effectively done.

He had some brutal stretches and of course went what seemed like forever without a win, but he finished up last season with a .921 save% over his last 17 GP.  He started off 2017-18 with a .923 save% through his first 28 GP (and in four playoff appearances put up a .950 save%). 

He was so uneven the past two seasons that it was really hard to know for sure what Cory was going to be going forward.  You at least had his strong finish to last season to give you some degree of "Well maybe he's not dead after all."  I think the Devils handled this pretty well...they gave Cory some games to start the season but didn't hesitate to give Blackwood more starts when Cory wasn't showing signs of getting anything going, and now they're not going to pop in Cory here and there when his appearances have been pure momentum killers.  I know fans tend to want things to happen yesterday, but it took the Devils less than a quarter of the season to both roll with the guy who's clearly playing better (Blackwood has already been given 13 starts to Cory's 6), and to not stubbornly try to right a pricey player at everyone else's expense.  This happened within a very fair and reasonable timeline. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I think Mac is good enough from a skill standpoint. What worries me is if he has the mental fortitude to be "the guy".

Well, that’s any goalie that’s good enough to make it to the NHL. Mac seems like a pretty level headed kid to me though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Well, that’s any goalie that’s good enough to make it to the NHL. Mac seems like a pretty level headed kid to me though. 

I don't disagree. I just add that he's only 22 and now he went from backing up/sharing time with a struggling, but proven, goalie to being THE goalie. It's a jump. He's going to have to be able to put all that talk about short memories to practice. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

So is this another one of these fake injuries where he goes to the minors and then he’s gonna be back up here losing games again in a month?

If the tandem of Blackwood and Domingue are playing reasonably well, I think Cory's going to have a hell of a time fighting his way back in.  Shero is not going to fvck with something that's working to try to force Cory back into the picture.  I think Shero's in pure "We can't keep doing this and hoping for the best" mode.  Cory's as outside looking in as he's ever going to be.

Just now, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't disagree. I just add that he's only 22 and now he went from backing up/sharing time with a struggling, but proven, goalie to being THE goalie. It's a jump. He's going to have to be able to put all that talk about short memories to practice. 

That was one of Brodeurs greatest assets. He was fantastic at moving on from bad losses and coming back strong. Id love for Mac to develop a mentality like that eventually

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Judging from Hynes’ comments, this is a conditioning assignment. He’ll be back (of course).

This is the equivalent of not burning a bridge.  Even if they think he's toast right now, they're not going to say it.  Why completely kill off any little confidence (or value) that Cory has left? 

• Like 3

GUYS CHEER UP 😂

This is a fantastic day. We can finally move on from this clown. As much as he’s a great guy and all  it was time to part ways. It’s time to win and he just wasent getting it done.

I’m sure Toronto or Detroit will pick him up. Goodluck Cory.

Edited by Devils01

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

guys he's making a sh!tton of money and stinks do you really think he's going to get claimed?  

My odds are 0.0 and I'm being kind.

I don't think many here are crazy enough to think he'll get claimed. It is just nice to see the team shake things up and take a necessary step. They say conditional assignment but that is a long shot. 

8 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't think many here are crazy enough to think he'll get claimed. It is just nice to see the team shake things up and take a necessary step. They say conditional assignment but that is a long shot. 

Toronto in a bad spot. We’ve seen crazier things happen

Edited by Devils01