Ray Shero and Devils Part Ways Effective Immediately

NJDevils1214

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

How long do we have the arena rights for at the prudential center? this is the biggest laughingstock franchise in all of fvcking sports. Maybe we’re outta here.

Oh stop it. It anything this shows the owners are sick of the losing and Ray has done a whole lot of losing in his tenure here.

This is great news. 

• Like 4

I don't get the logic here. The timing is particularly strange. Maybe it has less to do with Shero and more to do with someone else they see more fit for the job (Fitzgerald or someone from outside the organization). The only other thing I can think of is that Shero wanted out. Otherwise (and more likely), this seems like a really bad move.

If the long term goal is to get Marty to be the GM, it could be a really tough future for Devils fans.

• Like 1

sounds like it was a mutual decision.

The New Jersey Devils and General Manager Ray Shero have agreed to part ways, effective immediately.

The only thing that makes sense is if the owner had unrealistic expectations and were expecting way too much and it got to the point where Shero was like... i can't GUARANTEE this and they both said well fvck it.

We can't get a better GM, we'll just get someone equivalent or not as good and he'll have to deal with the same sh!t. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

There is no way it was worse in the 80s. There are children old enough to have full conversations at the dinner table who have seen 1 playoff win. 

I’m stepping away for a bit. I held it together through a lot of terrible fvcking years in the belief that something was being built and it turns out it was all for fvcking nothing. 

fvck the owners. fvck me for caring so much. fvck all of you for caring with me. 

fvck the New Jersey devils. Move to fvcking Brooklyn and put us all out of goddamned fvcking misery. All you are is an embarrassing memory of something that used to be one of my great loves in life. 

calm down guy, Brooklyn isn't even that far it would just cause most of us inconvenience having a longer drive. 

• Like 1

I don't see this as necessarily a bad thing.  The Devils tires have been skidding in the mud the past two seasons, the drafting is still iffy outside of lucking into two first overalls and we traded away Hall for pennies on the dollar.  Not only that but his trades these days are missing at a far higher rate than they used to.
At least it shows the ownership gives two sh!ts and are not tolerating failure forever.  That and maybe we will get a GM who will not be forever loyal to his people despite losing.

• Like 3

Y'all hate me so I feel like I am playing with house money...

Lou Lamoriello single handedly built and guided this franchise from 1987-2015.  

Ever since then, this franchise has been GARBAGE--from top to bottom and every single step in between.  

This franchise is now a shell of its former self, and that's being generous, and I (along with many others) barely recognize it.

It's really sad how far down a once proud franchise and perennial contender has fallen...this has to be rock bottom, right?

This is HORRID.

• Like 1

Just now, mikepeluso8 said:

Y'all hate me so I feel like I am playing with house money...

Lou Lamoriello single handedly built and guided this franchise from 1987-2015.  

Ever since then, this franchise has been GARBAGE--from top to bottom and every single step in between.  

This franchise is now a shell of its former self, and that's being generous, and I (along with many others) barely recognize it.

It's really sad how far down a once proud franchise and perennial contender has fallen...this has to be rock bottom, right?

This is HORRID.

Lou's last few years is also a reason why this franchise is garbage right now. We all knew it would end that way the way he ran it

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I don't see this as necessarily a bad thing.  The Devils tires have been skidding in the mud the past two seasons, the drafting is still iffy outside of lucking into two first overalls and we traded away Hall for pennies on the dollar.  Not only that but his trades these days are missing at a far higher rate than they used to.
At least it shows the ownership gives two sh!ts and are not tolerating failure forever.  That and maybe we will get a GM who will not be forever loyal to his people despite losing.

The owners could sh!t on your lawn and you’d still defend them. If you’re firing him because of the PK deal then that’s really harsh.