Coleman to the Bolts

jagknife

6 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I have a Blake Coleman jersey and I adore the man but if you aren’t doing a happy dance in your kitchen right now at that return you’re a moron.

spectacular fvcking trade my god.

I was already looking back at the 2017-18 roster to see if there was an easy replacement if I stripped mine, since it has the NHL100 sleeve patch.

The answer was, nobody whose number covers a 20 well, so I’ll stick with Blake. 

Sad to see Blake go...but that’s a big return.  

Pretty sure Fitz is going to get the interim tag removed in time.  A strong hunch.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Hate to say it but if that’s the kind of price a team will pay for Blake Coleman, you have to see what they’ll pay for Kyle Palmieri.

100% agree. If Fitz is going to get returns like this, they need to move Simmonds and Vat and see what kind of return you can get for Palms. You’d have to get a great return for him though now that Coleman is gone. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I was already looking back at the 2017-18 roster to see if there was an easy replacement if I stripped mine, since it has the NHL100 sleeve patch.

The answer was, nobody whose number covers a 20 well, so I’ll stick with Blake. 

Why just that year? Wouldn’t any Edge be ok? I mean, I have OCD, but I wouldn’t really worry about the 1’s vs the 2.0’s or a particular year lol

disregard I read your post too fast and didn’t see the mention of the patch lol

Edited by Nicomo

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Sort of annoying — if the Canucks miss the playoffs this year, the pick slides to 2021. So we have to hope for a last second slip in to the playoffs and a quick first round exit. 

They seem pretty locked into a playoff spot at this point but anything can happen. Arizona has their work cut out for them though. 

1 minute ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

horrible trade. The draft pick will be very late and likely useless.

He wasn't UFA, no need to do this.

LOL 

Horrible? Give me a break. A 1st and a good prospect is a GREAT return for slightly over one season of a 28 year old who’s career high in points is 36. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

He mentioned it has that 100 patch. That’s a bad look with anyone who wasn’t around that season. 

Zajac seems like a great option here.

Plus that season is Adidas, not Reebok Edge.

I want to make sure the glue remnants, if any, are mostly covered. A “1” is bad for covering another number, which is why I’m not making it a Hischier. 

I suppose I could strip it first and see what I’m dealing with...or remove the sleeve patch, but I don’t like to take stuff off when there’s nothing going back to cover it. 

Real disappointed Coleman was traded even with the good return, but the Devils weren’t going anywhere this season and it would probably would be an uphill climb next season to make the playoffs even with Coleman.

The Devils just need more of their young guys to live up to or preferably exceed their pedigrees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Plus that season is Adidas, not Reebok Edge.

I want to make sure the glue remnants, if any, are mostly covered. A “1” is bad for covering another number, which is why I’m not making it a Hischier. 

I suppose I could strip it first and see what I’m dealing with...or remove the sleeve patch, but I don’t like to take stuff off when there’s nothing going back to cover it. 

I still have a game issued Ramage #55 that I’ve been meaning to send in to make into a Hughes. Which I would think will cover nicely. 

Still not sure what to do with my Edge Hall though. Think I asked you guys before, but it seems White #5 is probably my best bet if I want it redone. 

4 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

Given the Lightning’s drafting record over the last decade or so, I like getting a 2019 1st rounder that THEY made the call on 

Good point. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I still have a game issued Ramage #55 that I’ve been meaning to send in to make into a Hughes. Which I would think will cover nicely. 

Still not sure what to do with my Edge Hall though. Think I asked you guys before, but it seems White #5 is probably my best bet if I want it redone. 

Good point. 

White is a good choice on that one. The 55-86 swap would work well also. 

• Like 1

Some guy behind me bitching incessantly about this deal.  As in won’t shut the fvck up about it.