NHL: 24 team playoffs soon. Devil's season is over

Satans Hockey

21 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Thanks for asking. today's the best i've felt in a few days. still a small fever and i've been coughing so much that my inhales sound like a rattlesnake, but i'm nowhere near as bad as i was late last week. 

Keep digging MB, hopefully you've turned the corner.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Thanks for asking. today's the best i've felt in a few days. still a small fever and i've been coughing so much that my inhales sound like a rattlesnake, but i'm nowhere near as bad as i was late last week. 

Good to hear man. Hope you keep feeling better!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I should add, I’m happy we drafted Jack, but it might’ve been funny/disappointing for Rangers fans to have to see their King in a Devils jersey. 

Would’ve been gross for us though. 

Curious to get everyone’s take on this.  Kinda pains me to even ask....but, let’s say Henrik got traded to any other team except Philly or Boston, would you be upset if he won a cup or would any part of you root for him to win it?  Like I said, if he was on any other team other than the Rangers, Philly or Boston.  Just curious, that is all.

2 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Curious to get everyone’s take on this.  Kinda pains me to even ask....but, let’s say Henrik got traded to any other team except Philly or Boston, would you be upset if he won a cup or would any part of you root for him to win it?  Like I said, if he was on any other team other than the Rangers, Philly or Boston.  Just curious, that is all.

I only root for the Devils to win a Cup. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I’d only root for him and his team if they were playing the Rangers.  

8 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

He’s got about as much chance at winning a Cup (at least as a starter) as Cory Schneider at this point...

1 hour ago, ajsgolf said:

He celebrated on our ice in 08, I don't ever want to see him win a cup, he can go fvck himself. 

• Like 3

On 3/30/2020 at 9:28 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Are the games being simulated in real time, as opposed to the clock counting down at the "usual" faster rate?  That's probably why the numbers are so out-of-whack.  I think if you play the game in what should be the normal mode, the seconds count down twice as fast...I think 20 minutes per period = 10 minutes of actual in-game playtime.  Think that's always been the "sweet spot" with the EA NHL games, in terms of getting final numbers that feel much more in line with what you'd see in an actual NHL game.  If 20 minutes per period is equal to 20 minutes of playtime, that would definitely account for what appears to be more than double what you'd expect to see in an NHL game.

They look pretty cheesy and primitive now...not that they were ever all that cool (they always seemed kinda out of place), but it's amazing what 25 years can do...I see them now and think "Yikes, that was so 90s."    

Not sure as I could only stand a couple minutes before turning it off.  I believe it was a full 20 minutes but with the difficulty leave on easy.  It was less of an actual simulation and more watching 2 kids play NHL20 with the Devils winning all the time.

20 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Not sure as I could only stand a couple minutes before turning it off.  I believe it was a full 20 minutes but with the difficulty leave on easy.  It was less of an actual simulation and more watching 2 kids play NHL20 with the Devils winning all the time.

And they boosted Zacha’s stats to be 99 overall. Clearly he is our most important player that we build around, according to the “sim”

• Haha 1
  • Shocking 1

On 3/30/2020 at 9:28 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Are the games being simulated in real time, as opposed to the clock counting down at the "usual" faster rate?  That's probably why the numbers are so out-of-whack.  I think if you play the game in what should be the normal mode, the seconds count down twice as fast...I think 20 minutes per period = 10 minutes of actual in-game playtime.  Think that's always been the "sweet spot" with the EA NHL games, in terms of getting final numbers that feel much more in line with what you'd see in an actual NHL game.  If 20 minutes per period is equal to 20 minutes of playtime, that would definitely account for what appears to be more than double what you'd expect to see in an NHL game.

Correct which is why Cory has ‘100 save’ games in these sims, they opted for real time over realistic sim

Edited by NJDevs4978

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

And they boosted Zacha’s stats to be 99 overall. Clearly he is our most important player that we build around, according to the “sim”

Not for nothing, but there were people on this site saying he was our best player not that long ago. 

48 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I blame an unidentified symptom of COVID on that.

Speaking of, hows the recovery going?

That’s likely. 

We’re very fortunate and basically we are all symptom free at this point. I still have a little residual phlegmyness but aside from that, we all seem good. Thanks for asking. 

Is your son doing better?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s likely. 

We’re very fortunate and basically we are all symptom free at this point. I still have a little residual phlegmyness but aside from that, we all seem good. Thanks for asking. 

If he’s not 100% yet, he’s damn close to it, minus some crazy mood swings from the last bit of meds he’s on.

awesome you guys are back to the healthy side.

How about you, @MB3?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s likely. 

* my french ass googling phlegmyness *

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

2 old games on today in MSG+...

vs Ottawa from 2011 on now 

vs Dallas from 12/16/11 at 9pm

I'm not watching them in full but set the dvr to skim over the goals 

I was busy working so didn’t get a chance to post earlier,  but game 6 of the 2000 Finals was on NHL Network this afternoon, and is on again tonight at 11. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

I was busy working so didn’t get a chance to post earlier,  but game 6 of the 2000 Finals was on NHL Network this afternoon, and is on again tonight at 11. 

I know we lost in 5 but they should really show a game 5 & game 6 marathon.  This wasn't 2003 game 7 against the Ducks where there were like 4 combined scoring chances all game.   These two games were fairly wide open and this was just an unbelievable goal-tending display by both Brodeur and Belfour.  I think this was literally the high point of Brodeur's career.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

I know we lost in 5 but they should really show a game 5 & game 6 marathon.  This wasn't 2003 game 7 against the Ducks where there were like 4 combined scoring chances all game.   These two games were fairly wide open and this was just an unbelievable goal-tending display by both Brodeur and Belfour.  I think this was literally the high point of Brodeur's career.   

Game 5 was maybe the best goaltending duel I’ve ever seen, and then they both just continued the clinic in game 6. Absolutely fantastic performances by Marty and Belfour.

Edited by MadDog2020