Lighting, your 2019-20 Stanley Cup Champions

DevilMinder

25 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

My friend lives in Tampa and got a signed stick from Maroon because of a golf bet or a lesson payment or something. It's signed by the whole team, I wonder if that'll be worth something down the road now that they won the cup.

Probably will, if for nothing else just for the fact that this was a covid-19 and pretty unique/rare/bizarre. 

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Honestly i have to give credit to Bettman and the NHL again. They truly did an amazing job with the bubble and playoffs.

I still think everything about the 2 drafts was pure bullsh!t though. So screw you for that lol

Pretty much my feelings exactly.

Not going to pretend that I spent much time watching the playoffs or the Finals.  But extremely happy for Blake.  Wouldn't be opposed to him possibly coming back here someday.

And to be clear, that trade (given the state of Devils) is still one that's gotta be made.  Just hope that the pick turns out to be a good player.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Not going to pretend that I spent much time watching the playoffs or the Finals.  But extremely happy for Blake.  Wouldn't be opposed to him possibly coming back here someday.

And to be clear, that trade (given the state of Devils) is still one that's gotta be made.  Just hope that the pick turns out to be a good player.  

Agree, you can hate losing the player but still appreciate the trade. That’s what happened here for me.

I don’t think he will be back (when we say “I’d take him back” the guy never comes back), but, I would definitely make that call. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And don’t forget about Foote. Probably our 2nd best prospect after Smith. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s a stupid argument by a person who has no clue what they are talking about. 

His comment might have been misplaced but I wouldn't say it's a stupid argument. I don't necessarily agree with him but i can admit that he has a point and it really just depends on what you value more.

It is harder to win playing against a team in their building and their crowd. Then it's also easier to win with your crowd. But it's an important element for many players/coaches. And also travelling from east to west and adjust to a different time zone every few days IS making things harder too, that's just a fact. Also some may say they can be a lot more focused on just hockey. It's like playing at the olympics. The team is together all the time, you can really bond that way. Really not the same dynamic when you're home cooking breakfast for your kid and you gotta make it to the arena to play a playoffs game hours later.

It was harder for players cause some of them were away from their families for a long time. But the travelling and all that is also hard.

It's simply different.

Edited by SterioDesign

Happy for Coleman.  He was a great pickup by Tampa and was a contributor to their success in the playoffs.  As others have said, the Devils need to make that trade with where we are at (or not at depending on how you look at it) with our rebuild.  Hopefully Foote and pick #20 are building blocks and core pieces to get us where Tampa is now a few years down the road.

• Like 3