2021 Around The League Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hated that they gave the Conn Smythe to Giguere. Always have. He was great, but so was Marty. And that ended up being the one thing missing from his trophy case when all was said and done. If you pu

I don’t want a guy who pulled the sh!t PLD did the other night anyway. fvck that noise. I don’t need anything like that near my impressionable young core.

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Buffalo beats the Rangers in OT and has points in their last 3. 

Good for them. They beat our two most hated rivals back to back, so gotta give Buffalo a tip of the cap.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1
On 4/2/2021 at 7:28 PM, MadDog2020 said:

CFC273A5-E41D-4C76-B45F-4FE29E0A3F48.jpeg

This graphic tells a story that isn't wanted for the NJ Devils. Bye Bye Taylor Hall and don't come back. I'll stick with Travis Zajac, the old Devil.

10 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

God, facebook ads are hilarious today. 

$20 gets you a fake Mickey Mantle 8x10 autograph that Bobby Hull then allegedly crossed out and signed his own autograph on. 

Screenshot_20210411-204425_Chrome.jpg

Well obviously, everyone knows Bobby Hull is the most world renowned expert on Mickey Mantle signatures...so who wouldn’t want a Bobby Hull signed Mickey Mantle picture??

I wouldn't say I'm normally rooting for him, but I'm hoping Hall absolutely lights up the Sabres tonight

Edited by Devilsfan118
26 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I wouldn't say I'm normally rooting for him, but I'm hoping Hall absolutely lights up the Sabres tonight

I think it would be way more hilarious and satisfying if Buffalo completely kicks the sh!t out of the Bs

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
40 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I think it would be way more hilarious and satisfying if Buffalo completely kicks the sh!t out of the Bs

Same, Hall being the one who was holding them back is the funnier narrative. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Devilsfan118 said:

What fun would that be? I’d rather see Buffalo win 12-2.

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

What fun would that be? I’d rather see Buffalo win 12-2.

And Taylor doesn’t figure into the two goals either. Both goals, primary assists, and secondary assists are by guys named Rasmus. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 1

Curtis Lazar said that he "can't wait to stick it to em" (his ex-team mates) scumbag. Hugs all around the other day against Cryers, now this?

So JT Miller of the Nucks does an interview, says he doesn’t think the team is healthy enough to resume their schedule on Friday. The league and NHLPA are now looking into options.

Said it a few weeks ago but man, I wonder if someone had done the same for Jersey/Dallas/Buffalo, would our schedules have been so tightly packed... 

If they kick their schedule down the road another week, I don’t see how they aren’t forced to revert to points percentage for a team like that cause they couldn’t realistically get their games in.

my proposal: freeze their position now, and if they resume games, they are locked 1 spot ahead of us, regardless of where we finish. Totally not ensuring we get the first shot of Luke or anything....

On 4/13/2021 at 2:32 PM, vadvlfan said:

Curtis Lazar said that he "can't wait to stick it to em" (his ex-team mates) scumbag. Hugs all around the other day against Cryers, now this?

You're allowed to hug your teammates and also try to beat them in a professional sporting environment... 

45 minutes ago, MB3 said:

You're allowed to hug your teammates and also try to beat them in a professional sporting environment... 

Yep, and that’s exactly how I would feel if I got traded. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Those uniforms (particularly the pants) are enough to make you want to gouge your eyes out. 

They really are skating billboards over in Europe.

27 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Those uniforms (particularly the pants) are enough to make you want to gouge your eyes out. 

I really like the Frolunda logo, but yeah european jerseys are pretty brutal.

Hall has 2 goals on 3 games with the Bruins, should anyone be interested in what that big lip motherfvcker is up to. 

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Hall has 2 goals on 3 games with the Bruins, should anyone be interested in what that big lip motherfvcker is up to. 

Not surprised, in that just like some players put up unsustainably good numbers, Hall was getting too many shots and chances to finish the season with two goals.  Now we’ll see if he can actually get on some kind of roll, because it’s been quite a while since he’s been on one.