2021 Around The League Thread

Satans Hockey

there's buzz on twitter (take that with a grain of salt) that Jake Virtanen of Vancouver may be facing some potential sexual assault allegations soon, no info on the situation other than screenshots of the alleged victims story through a women's support group on Instagram, which were later requested to be deleted by the alleged victim as the images were shared without their consent. The particular story doesn't name names, but apparently the original page has allegedly referenced him. And on top of all that weirdness, Virtanen deleted his Twitter today. Very weird situation at the moment. It honestly could just be twitter trolling run amok. Something smells. Maybe it's because I'm writing this on the can. 

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

To be clear I wasn't posting what Zajac and Palms are doing (or not doing) with the Isles out of any kind of spite.  Just pointing out that the deal to date isn't really working out for the Isles (but if either of them get it going soon or during the playoffs, their slow starts as Islanders will be forgotten).

Palms is looking more and more like a guy having an off-year at the worst possible time.  He has "Bet On Myself" one-year written all over him.  

Appreciate the feed back. 

17 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Wilson being his usual scumbag self with this absolutely gutless sequence

Would be nice to see the Devils stick up for their teammates like that.  

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t have a problem with it because Rangers. 

I do. I don't care what team a player is on, no one deserves to potentially have their neck broken on a play like that. It looked like he came down with his stick on the back of the guy's neck. 

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

158E5993-051A-4E53-A4E7-E5C73A380F4E.gif

it's cringeworthy in knowing should he choose to do that to us he would also break everybody on the ice in half ragdolling them. Especially if our skilled guys were on the ice at the same time (Jack, Nico, Bratt etc.) think the rags were on a pp so they were overly f*cked there for sure. 

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Cole Caufield now has two straight OT winners. SD is enjoying himself I’m sure. 🤣

i'm so insanely fvcking sick of it already.

You simply have no idea how annoying the fans and the media have been already since he was drafted.

So now that he actually does something it's that times 100. 

To add onto the Wilson thing - he's supposed to be a tough guy but he apparently had to grab Panarin by his hair like a school yard mean girl in order to get the better of him. He slammed Panarin's head into the ice too. Wilson is officially on Matt Cooke/Rat level of hate for me. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, titans04 said:

it's cringeworthy in knowing should he choose to do that to us he would also break everybody on the ice in half ragdolling them. Especially if our skilled guys were on the ice at the same time (Jack, Nico, Bratt etc.) think the rags were on a pp so they were overly f*cked there for sure. 

I would like to think that going forward Bahl might be the guy to have something to say about that. 

But amongst forwards , yeah it's slim pickings. Wood even seems to have calmed down. Bastian and McLeod might try , but both of them need to hit the gym. 

11 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I do. I don't care what team a player is on, no one deserves to potentially have their neck broken on a play like that. It looked like he came down with his stick on the back of the guy's neck. 

Yeah, having watched the video a few times, I have to retract my former position. Stuff that happens in the course of playing hockey I don’t mind. Wilson wasn’t playing hockey. 

Back in the day when a couple of enforcers got into stuff like that, no big deal. But Panarin certainly isn’t that. 

• Like 3

It is almost to the level of McSorley whacking Brashear in the head with his stick from behind. Except again, consider the victim. I believe Brashear’s response, at one point, is that he wished he had done it to McSorley. 

Thankfully the Rangers are eliminated, but if they weren’t, and Panarin is hurt and had to miss the first round, that would be pretty infuriating from their perspective. 

Even IF you have guys that are going to step up to him afterwards later on in the game or whatever if you have all your skilled guys on the ice for say a power play and the guy snaps like that and cleans house you could be f*cked.  Panarin was pretty close to being slammed squarely on his head full force with the help of the guy grabbing him by the hair to boot.  In the past I have said a bunch of times I would take Wilson here any day.  No longer.  There just isn't any place for that imo and the 5k fine is just feeding into it even more.  I guess it's really going to take someone getting seriously hurt. The days of they're being a code is long gone and that's perhaps the biggest problem with the guy.

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

Even IF you have guys that are going to step up to him afterwards later on in the game or whatever if you have all your skilled guys on the ice for say a power play and the guy snaps like that and cleans house you could be f*cked.  Panarin was pretty close to being slammed squarely on his head full force with the help of the guy grabbing him by the hair to boot.  In the past I have said a bunch of times I would take Wilson here any day.  No longer.  There just isn't any place for that imo and the 5k fine is just feeding into it even more.  I guess it's really going to take someone getting seriously hurt. The days of they're being a code is long gone and that's perhaps the biggest problem with the guy.

At what point do these sorts of actions become criminal? Neither of these were hockey plays and both were clear in intent to cause injury. This isn't two guys squaring off to throw some punches and go to the box, a line was well crossed here.

maybe it's time that player safety is lead by a guy who at least had a once of NHL hockey skills in his bag of tricks?  Somebody down the middle of the road when it comes to being a player/fighter type.

Not sure this was posted here if it was I apologize.  Just glad it wasn't one of our Panatin sized skilled guys.

• Angry 1

33 minutes ago, titans04 said:

maybe it's time that player safety is lead by a guy who at least had a once of NHL hockey skills in his bag of tricks?  Somebody down the middle of the road when it comes to being a player/fighter type.

Not sure this was posted here if it was I apologize.  Just glad it wasn't one of our Panatin sized skilled guys.

What a POS. Where’s Ryan Reaves when you need him